Do ED teams plays WW2 ?

McPetterson

First I want to say that new DM is really good, thanks for your work. I really enjoy playing the game but, what the heck did you do with germans bullets ? 

Actually the game is unbalanced, I can touch 50% of my spit's canons before a german planes starts to have engine issues, in the other hand 1 bullet ( 20 mm or 30 mm K-4 canon ) can destroy my spit ...

Whoa so much realism, the late 44's K-4 plane destroy my late 42's Spit with one bullet ... so much fun. 
Seriously guys, do you test your new updates ? don't you have testers that plays on multiplayer ?

If you want people not playing the spit ( maybe it's the same with other allied planes, I don't know I only fly Spit ) that's how you do it !
If you want a realistic game, maybe put a later version of spit, if you don't, balanced a little bit more the gap between bullets or plane damage ... 

Thanks in advances and once again thanks for you works . 

Edited by McPetterson

30 minutes ago, McPetterson said:

balanced a little bit more the gap between bullets or plane damage ... 

I don't think it should be balanced. The issue here is not really the DM but the plane we're flying.

"late 44's K-4 (with very late 44' MW50) vs late 42's Spit".

Like Max says, we need more modern fighter (Tempest V, Spit Mk14) to fight the K4 and the upcomming me262.

On the other hand Axis need more 42-43' fighters like the bf109 G6 !

Here is a good summary by Tapi of what aircraft we need to make things more balanced:

Edited by peeter

From my point of view ED doesn't do things correctly (I still specify from my point of view) -1) they oppose planes of different generations -2 ) they start with end of war planes (the owner of a K4 won't buy G6 - 3) They are making a map channel without the planes from the Battle of Britain -4) they have planned to release the DC3 (C47) but not the JU52 -5) they are wasting time with VOIP while nobody is using it is that we have SRS but the trains still don't work in MP etc.. .... For less they lack a long term vision in the WW2 area (Sorry Nick Grey )

Edited by Fmax13
  • Like 3

Good evening gentlemen, while reading your post I was a bit shocked and I think that before writing anything you should review your arguments because DCS is not an arcade game... When you've given real proof of what you say for example (technical documentation, videos showing 30mm impacts or other), it will be more interesting. 

Moreover, Allied and Axis planes are very good at the moment, a little advice, it's not by changing the 109 version, for example a G6 which will certainly have less engine power that it will change something, yes historically it will be more correct but it will only show another problem ;). 

Have a look by yourself ! http://kurfurst.org/index.html

Moreover, you complain about the manipulation of the K4... then the G6 will be your worst nightmare.... 

You have to use each plane in its flight domain to come out victorious and work as a group! 

• Like 3

German have defenitly an adventage with their planes, we don't even got 150 octane fuel but they have MW50 and more recent planes

And like McPeterson says, 20mm seems harmless against K4, is that a bug of the DM ? seems weird...

Edited by peeter

You think I made a second account ?
No I didn't 🙂

It's not because someone have the same idea as me about what you ask that it must be me 😄
But as I'm here, please take a look to those video that show the efficiency of WW2 allies gun :

Fun fact : Using gun and plane correctly will help you getting kills.

Ps :

G6 is a pure fighter with 20 mm and good turn capacity 😄
Would love to have it instead of K4.
More ammo, easier to destroy Spitfire.
More easier to get P51 that turn.

Please yes add it ! 😄
And then, when there will be the same topic, do not forget to add the F4 or the G2 ! ^^
But don't forget to put the correct P51 against it 😉
P51B or C without radar and gyro ! ^^

Actually what we think in our squadron ! 🙂

About 150 octane fuel.
German don't have the C3 high octane fuel either.

Would be interesting to have it if allies get the 150 oct for their plane 🙂

Edited by JG13Wulf

10 minutes ago, JG13Wulf said:

You think I made a second account ?
No I didn't 🙂

It's not because have the same idea as me about what you ask that it must be me.
But as I'm here, please take a look to those video that show the efficiency of WW2 allies gun :

Fun fact : Using gun and plane correctly will help you getting kills.

Ps :

Actually what we think in our squadron ! 🙂

About 150 octane fuel.
German don't have the C3 high octane fuel either.

Would be interesting to have it if allies get the 150 oct for their plane 🙂

Err... Definitely not easier to kill any aircraft with a 20mm compared to a 30mm.

One hit with a 30mm and you, quite rightly, are out of action. 

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Yes, that's quite normal. But 20 mm was deadly in dogfight because it was easier to aim with it.
Bf 109G have a 20 mm in the nose making it a weapon of super precision.

30mm have few ammo and is more effective against bomber.
I really really prefer to go and fight with 20mm than with 30mm. Will be able to make more hits to fighter with it.

Ok sir I know everything, continue to make videos without respecting the rules of the servers where you go and which only go in your direction whereas on the discord of ED in WW2 you say that there is a problem with the wings of the 109 which does not break lol For me finished the childish things, I stop there I leave you with your certainty and your disproportionate equals

1 hour ago, Fmax13 said:

Ok sir I know everything, continue to make videos without respecting the rules of the servers where you go and which only go in your direction whereas on the discord of ED in WW2 you say that there is a problem with the wings of the 109 which does not break lol For me finished the childish things, I stop there I leave you with your certainty and your disproportionate equals

What ?

Just calm down ...

Your goal is to obtain a more balanced game. Your pilots (yes you are 3 pilot who actually fly a lot togheter in MP) come here to ask about a problem of allied gunnery. You show nothing to proove that there are problem (track or video). And more, your pilot actually told he made 50% hits with nothing happening. This is completely false. Even the best pilot won't make more than 12 / 15% hit on a fighter.

I can tell too that "I'm the best pilot here and there are problem to solve urgently" ... everyone can tell the same.
(EDIT : That what I understand when I read I make 50% hit with canon.)
But what you point out is false in this post. I made video that proove you are wrong and there are a good number of pilot that think the same.

Your ask for historical era plane is a big +1 for me. But histroy is not balanced if that's what you hope !

Reading your critics about the game is exactly like you get shot down and decide to go and rage on the forum ...

When I have trouble or when I find something weird, I make test before going screaming. I read to understand what I did wrong and I try to adapt.

I suspected the wing trouble on the 109 since about 2 week. We made test wednesday and thursday to look at it.

We find something quite disturbing and I reported it.
The fact is that I got the answer it wasn't a bug. And more, I even get an explanation about it.
I'm surprised. But the explanation is kind of correct.

My goal is to do the same with all the warbirds. We made this with the Spitfire. We then did it with the 109. And the next is to be decided !

Work this way instead of referencing only on your feeling.

Edited by JG13Wulf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JG13Wulf said:

your pilot actually told he made 50% hits with nothing happening. This is completely false. Even the best pilot won't make more than 12 / 15% hit on a fighter.

That's where you're wrong, ask Amazing how much bullets canon he has to take before his engine failed.

btw "This is completely false" I love the way you're saying that as if you were here and see it in live action ahah 

Edited by McPetterson

On 12/3/2020 at 12:24 PM, Fmax13 said:

From my point of view ED doesn't do things correctly (I still specify from my point of view) -1) they oppose planes of different generations -2 ) they start with end of war planes (the owner of a K4 won't buy G6 - 3)[...]

Not so sure .. I own all WW2 birds and I´d still buy an Emil, Friedrich, Gustav ...

I´ve also heard from multiple other people that they would also be interested in older variants of the 109 or planes in general.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, golani79 said:

Not so sure .. I own all WW2 birds and I´d still buy an Emil, Friedrich, Gustav ...

I´ve also heard from multiple other people that they would also be interested in older variants of the 109 or planes in general.

+1

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I would love a late G6 so much

I think there are 2 things : first the plane, I think ED should make them with all (or the most important)of their options, kits, possibilities like 150 octane for P51, kits for the 190 and 109 and second, the players,servers should allow them or not.

For exemple we can remove MW50 for the D9 and the k4 in the mission editor

Edit : This quoted the wrong person (oops):

1 hour ago, McPetterson said:

That's where you're wrong, ask Amazing how much bullets canon he has to take before his engine failed.

btw "This is completely false" I love the way you're saying that as if you were here and see it in live action ahah 

I hope to see it ...
But When I tried to show you I got banned from your server. And now you come here with no evidence of what you tell.
For the moment, from my experience, I can only doubt of what you say. I made shoot and kill with only 1 or 2 20mm impact with the Spitfire.

Please show us your test.
Show us what happened. That's exactly how we would have clear and correct discussion about it ! 😉

Edited by JG13Wulf

1 hour ago, JG13Wulf said:

Please show us your test.

As soon as I get back to the game, I will record session. 
But now I don't feeling playing this game again for the moment.

But as the thread title says:  "Do ED teams plays WW2 ?"

I would like them to play and be aware what's happening in WW2 servers from their eyes. Because at the moment, I'm not sure they are aware of consequences of their new updates in multiplayer...

Edited by McPetterson

29 minutes ago, McPetterson said:

As soon as I get back to the game, I will record session. 
But now I don't feeling playing this game again for the moment.

If you are interested, even if there are trouble between your squadron leader and me, you can come and make a fly. I would be glad to make few test on the allied guns with you.
If you want to have constructive discussion, do not hesitate 🙂