Are the training missions in DCS stable still relevant and a few more questions

krakovv

I have a question from the title; are the training missions in DCS stable still relevant after all these changes?

I just got the module and i know that there has been a lot of changes since release so that's why i'm asking.

I have read in the latest guide by chuck about not carrying different types of Air-to-Ground ordnance, can someone explain this in more detail?

What can u combine or u have to have all the same weapons in one particular Air-to-Ground loadout and why? 

Thanks for the answers!

27 minutes ago, krakovv said:

I have a question from the title; are the training missions in DCS stable still relevant after all these changes?

I just got the module and i know that there has been a lot of changes since release so that's why i'm asking.

I don't think they are up to date with most of the last changes, you can do them but if you stay stuck on something, most likely it's because it has been updated.

I would advise you to read the manual that comes with the module as it is almost up to date with all the changes, or, as you already have, use the chuck guide that is easier/lighter to learn.

27 minutes ago, krakovv said:

I have read in the latest guide by chuck about not carrying different types of Air-to-Ground ordnance, can someone explain this in more detail?

What can u combine or u have to have all the same weapons in one particular Air-to-Ground loadout and why? 

IIRC the info below is correct, but I might be misremembering some stuff, so if I do, please someone correct me :).

So, the aircraft has been designed in the 70s as a interceptor with secondary AG capabilities. This means that memory and computing power was limited.

The aircraft can only have 3 weapon profiles at all times with the guns and magic profiles always loaded in the aircraft memory. This means that in addition to the magics and guns, you can only have one other weapon loaded on the plane, even 530D can't mix with anything else.

IRL if you use a mixed load, the PCA would display an error message and may not be usable at all.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

55 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

I don't think they are up to date with most of the last changes, you can do them but if you stay stuck on something, most likely it's because it has been updated.

I would advise you to read the manual that comes with the module as it is almost up to date with all the changes, or, as you already have, use the chuck guide that is easier/lighter to learn.

Ok, thanks for the fast answers! I will download Razbam's manual too then.

56 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

IIRC the info below is correct, but I might be misremembering some stuff, so if I do, please someone correct me :).

So, the aircraft has been designed in the 70s as a interceptor with secondary AG capabilities. This means that memory and computing power was limited.

The aircraft can only have 3 weapon profiles at all times with the guns and magic profiles always loaded in the aircraft memory. This means that in addition to the magics and guns, you can only have one other weapon loaded on the plane, even 530D can't mix with anything else.

IRL if you use a mixed load, the PCA would display an error message and may not be usable at all.

Ok, but can i carry for example: Mk 82's and Mk 84's in one loadout and different types of GBU's in separate loadout? 

Or they all have to be same weight? Can i carry Beluga's with something else?

I've seen some videos, most notably Grim Reapers Tutorial's where he is carrying Mk 82's and GBU's so i got little bit confused when reading the manual.

I'm also pleased that this "problem" is not a bug and it is intentional design of the module. It is interesting to learn such limitations existed on real planes so thanks for that info 😉 

1 hour ago, krakovv said:

Ok, thanks for the fast answers! I will download Razbam's manual too then.

The manual is in your install DCS World/Mods/aircraft/M-2000C/Doc/DCS M-2000C Flight Manual EN.pdf

1 hour ago, krakovv said:

Ok, but can i carry for example: Mk 82's and Mk 84's in one loadout and different types of GBU's in separate loadout? 

Or they all have to be same weight? Can i carry Beluga's with something else?

I've seen some videos, most notably Grim Reapers Tutorial's where he is carrying Mk 82's and GBU's so i got little bit confused when reading the manual.

I'm also pleased that this "problem" is not a bug and it is intentional design of the module. It is interesting to learn such limitations existed on real planes so thanks for that info 😉 

The mirage can't carry Mk-84, the AG weapons are Mk-82, Mk-82S, BLG-66 (belugas), GBU-12, GBU-16, GBU-24 and rocket pods.

There is not mixing possible IRL, no BLG-66 with rockets, no Mk-82 with GBUs, nothing. As I said, you can only mix magics and gun with one other type.

Right now there is a bug were some mix are working were they should not.

I would advise you stay away from the Grim Reapers if you want to really learn the plane, their tutorials are often not accurate and sometimes they just give wrong info.

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

11 hours ago, krakovv said:

So the best way of learning is reading manuals and trying myself, noted.

IMO, when using the manual you will get the most accurate info available, I'm not saying to not use youtube videos, but depending on who is doing them the quality can range from very good to just not useful.

And a lot of videos have been done before the system updates so is they were accurate, they are not anymore.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 10:44 PM, baltic_dragon said:

The training missions should reflect all the major changes introduced to the M-2000C after input from AdA - but I'd recommend the ones in NTTR over those in Caucasus (because they also prepare you for Red Flag) 😉

Yes maybe in part, but even the NTTR training still contains various errors and misstatements, especially in the radar operation traning missions.

For example, there is talk about a min selectable radar range of 5NM which is not really available in the aircraft (still havent gotten no answer from RB whether its a bug or the training is wrong).

Also the switch setup at training beginning, does not correlate with the instructions.

When I have the time and nerve I' ll maybe fly the missions again and give a more detailed report, but right now I'm too busy with other  more important things in life , sorry.

However overall, the missions are still so well done, it should be the gold-standard for the rest of DCS. My Compliments Baltic Dragon!

Regards,

Snappy

• 1 month later...