OH-58D Kiowa Operator's Manual, Training Manual, Checklist free downloads

HipoxiK

Hi All,

I recently searched for some documentation for the OH-58D and had some success finding free downloads of the following. I wanted to start a topic and share this for those that weren't aware these documents were out there for download.

Google the following and you should be able to find free downloads, I didn't provide direct links as they may change in the future.

TM 1-1520-248-CL - Operator's and Crewmember's Checklist OH-58D

TM 1-1520-248-10 - Operators Manual OH-58D

TC 1-248 - Aircrew Training Manual OH-58D (This will be useful for those wanting to do training missions)

Not sure if the KW guys used mission cards or mission packs on their kneeboards but if anyone knows about this and has a template I'd appreciate that. This would be a great addtion on the VRKneeboard.

Thanks to CasmoTV and Barundus for some great in depth YouTube videos on the KW. As an ex Blackhawk/Chinook Crewman/Maintainer and now EMS B412 Crewman here in Aus I found them very insightful. I look forward to learning this module in DCS.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Links removed as they could not be verified as unclassified or non ITAR's controlled IAW forum rules.

Edited by HipoxiK
Links could not be verified as unclassified or non ITAR controlled so were removed IAW the forum rules.

Just a friendly reminder on the forum rules:

1.16 Posting of images, file links, file sharing links, and copying and pasting information is prohibited if the source document is from a classified or ITAR controlled source.
When posting aircraft, sensor or weapon information more recent than 1980, you must also include the source of the document showing that it is 100% public and verified as not from a classified or non-ITAR controlled source. To not do so will result in the removal of the message.

Posting information from a classified or ITAR-controlled source will result in the message being removed and a 20% warning and one-week suspension (dependent on warning level).

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A simple google search on the titles and the first hit is your PDF, for public release.

Thanks for the titles, it saves some work 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

19 hours ago, barundus said:

The 1999 and 2001 versions of the Operator's Manual floating around the web have Distribution Statements "Approved for Public Release"

Thanks mate, appreciate the info. I thought better safe then cop a forum ban.

14 hours ago, barundus said:

They're super outdated, but should serve purposes okay.

Yeah I like to dive into the Performance Data section and plan. I'll be interested to see how the Polychop simulation goes and if the predicted TQ's in the manual are accurate enough to use in the sim. The Huey is a bit out but I believe they are working on new flight dynamics and engine model for it.