[SELECT FROM GROUND CREW] Can't turn on/toggle NVG's?

FreightDog

12 minutes ago, Gruman said:

Correct. You can toggle between JHMCS (HMD) and NVGs via the Radio / Ground Crew menu.

Ah so you have to explicitly equip them before departure. Gotcha, thanks!

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin

3 hours ago, FreightDog said:

Ah so you have to explicitly equip them before departure. Gotcha, thanks!

Yup. On the ground you can ask the ground crew to swap the mounted device, I believe it's subject to the same restrictions as rearming / refueling. Which helmet device is equipped can also be preset in the mission editor. 

This is a thing because the JHMCS I visor is not compatible with NVGs, it's too bulky. 

On 12/4/2020 at 4:04 PM, Bunny Clark said:

Yup. On the ground you can ask the ground crew to swap the mounted device, I believe it's subject to the same restrictions as rearming / refueling. Which helmet device is equipped can also be preset in the mission editor. 

This is a thing because the JHMCS I visor is not compatible with NVGs, it's too bulky. 

The issue is probably also due to the eye relief of the NVG’s. Typically NVG’s/NOD’s are designed to sit pretty close to the eyes, and some ocular lenses are more forgiving than others about standing off from the eyes. 

Personally I prefer wearing NV a good distance out from my eyes so that I can tilt my head up and work under them. 

• Wags changed the title to [SELECT FROM GROUND CREW] Can't turn on/toggle NVG's?
  • 3 weeks later...

I understand the reason and about the difference.  However, what if you create a mission where the aircraft begin in the air and not on the ground? Shouldn't there be an option in the "comms" section to toggle between the two if needed? Maybe a setting in the Mission Editor to chose between the two? 

4 hours ago, Leadbottom said:

I understand the reason and about the difference.  However, what if you create a mission where the aircraft begin in the air and not on the ground? Shouldn't there be an option in the "comms" section to toggle between the two if needed? Maybe a setting in the Mission Editor to chose between the two? 

There is an option in the mission editor to set which helmet device the aircraft starts with.