MiG-23 really?

Harlikwin

1 hour ago, Koty said:

*that there might be more clear picture of how this will be before the end of 2020; also, rona.

Yeah but unless you are on every day reading 100+ posts, you won't know. I personally never thought it was a realistic goal. So I never bothered to post it here as "news". Nor should I have since I don't work for RZ. They have Elmo for that. And he should be posting relevant stuff here when its known and "official".

1 hour ago, Koty said:

*that there might be more clear picture of how this will be before the end of 2020; also, rona.

Yeah but unless you are on every day reading 100+ posts, you won't know. I personally never thought it was a realistic goal. So I never bothered to post it here as "news". Nor should I have since I don't work for RZ. In theory they have/pay Elmo for that. And he should be posting relevant stuff here when its known and "official".

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

11 hours ago, Koty said:

If something is not being offered at this moment, you cannot be a customer and noone is obliged to treat you as such. Easy as.

You can ignore that Razbam has announced that MiG-23MLA is coming to DCS World.

- Fine.

You can ignore that in DCS World practice has been that studios informs development progress to the customers once the project has been announced.

- Fine.

You can ignore that people who are to make a purchase, are customers even when they do not buy something today, or can not buy something today but they are seeking information for their purchase decisions.

- Fine.

You can be ignoring the hard fact that Razbam primary challenge in the DCS World business is not their programming, it is not their 3D models, it is not their texturing, but it is their communication.

- Fine.

You can ignore hard facts, that Razbam purposely doing what they can to be unwilling to discuss about their challenges or achievements in project in here, and they try to put everything under their controlled environment where they can ban people, call them as they like, and delete their messages, just so that they can avoid fixing problems that are years old, until some higher authority steps in (and that can either be the French Airforce or Eagle Dynamics).

- Fine.

But do not ignore that MiG-23MLA is a current project to the DCS World customers. It is from the Razbam company that has already a multiple other products to offer (and none are completed or fixed, not so sure about M2000C but...) and people are searching information that what the DCS World has to offer compared other competitive products out there, is there reason to invest money (and we are not talking about small money considering requirement hardware requirements, PC + HOTAS + VR + Motion Platform etc depending the level of experience) and time, and that means every single part are needed to be considered overall.

Projects gets cancelled, AH-1 did get under axe. F-4 got under axe. The WW2 kickstarter modules were getting cancelled but ED stepped in and saved it etc. And some companies has required to go through harder learning curve, Eagle Dynamics included where they have learned now that doing roadmaps, keeping updates news coming, future plans etc clear to customers, they get more happy customers and more customers as everyone know what they are buying in to.

The Interviews, Q&A's and public roadmaps etc are all part of the marketing and PR. It is as well a future damage control when you are honest and open from the start and you keep customers informed that what is happening once you have announced your plans.

MiG-23 is anticipated product to DCS World, as it is one of the few REDAIR aircraft that can offer something for both Red and Blue sides in DCS World. Similar way is now still under planning a MiG-29 12.9 that if it could be proceeded and get developed. The A-6 is a waited aircraft and hoped to see it as full fidelity from the AI if Heatblur gets their contracts completed.

You can ignore as much you want that AH-64, MiG-23, A-6, F-8, A-7 etc etc are all products that has customers already out there waiting, but that doesn't make you right that they are not customers for DCS World even when those are not yet to be purchasable. People who knows about those, goes to seek information about those products. They shouldn't be required to go reading Discord logs months backward to try to find something. They shouldn't be required to go searching facebook. They should only be required to come to DCS World site and find the status of the products so they can make a purchase and their time investment decisions to it.

• Like 8

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 2/10/2021 at 2:33 AM, Fri13 said:

This forum is the OFFICIAL support forum and news forum for any product that is going to be released in the DCS World as a module, made by a contract with the Eagle Dynamics.

ED offers the developers the forum for support, for discussions and for content and news. They as well offer the servers for updates, schedules, SDK and all marketing platforms as well sales systems.

This forum is the #1 place where every news, every update, every single thread of the information should come first. So when a DCS World user, a ED customer comes to buy new modules, search new content, check out the news etc, that they will find it from this site.

+1. thank you

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seen a cockpit render apparently from their Twitter page looks really good.  

Edited by westr
  • Like 2

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 2 weeks later...

Не забывайте, господа, что это МиГ-23МЛА, который имел ряд конструктивных изменений в аэродинамической компоновке и оборудовании самолета, что увеличивало его маневренные и боевые возможности по сравнению с предыдущими модификациями. И в конце своего срока службы был весьма маневренной машиной (модификация МЛД, МЛА предшественник ее), способной конкурировать в ближнем воздушном бою с ранними версиями 9-12. А РЛПК обеспечивал достаточно большую дальность обнаружения и захвата целей. Главный недостаток - слабое вооружение класса "воздух-воздух", + один двигатель.
Не слышал ни одного отрицательного отзыва об этой машине ни от одного летчика эксплуатировавшего данный летательный аппарат!

• Like 5

On 3/26/2021 at 12:42 AM, westr said:

Seen a cockpit render apparently from their Twitter page looks really good.  

AFAIK that was a laser cockpit scan that will be used in modelling the cockpit, not an actual render.

• Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 12:18 PM, Krez said:

I honestly don't like the announcement of modules years out. Develop it and let us know it's a month or two away.

Then we get threads demanding to know what's happening, accusing them of laziness and abandoning the game, blah blah blah. It hasn't cost anything, and provided somebody isn't a spastic compulsive personality, they should be able to live with ''there is something happening in the world, yet it is not available for my instant gratification''

• Like 3

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, probad said:

"provided they don't attack through the ardennes..."

Damn Germans, who could have expected them to do the same thing multiple times in a row like that! It's unheard of!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolf666 said:

Any news on the MiG-23MLA??😧

Manyana... 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Look like they have stopped  working in Mig-23 module. They show only insignificant updates with poor details of progress while they started show more often F-15E updates. Mig-23 is getting older with that situation. Sound weird.

Edited by pepin1234
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

Look like they have stopped  working in Mig-23 module.

They said a looooong time ago it was low priority and only receiving a bit of 3d modeling attention

They show only insignificant updates

A side effect of ''not working on it''

with poor details of progress

See above

while they started show more often F-15E updates.

The F-15 has been in the works a lot longer, and has been widely assumed to be the next thing they focus on.

Mig-23 is getting older with that situation. Sound weird.

Only if you somehow thought it was a high priority subject, which they have indicated multiple times it wasn't.

People complain the older modules aren't ''good enough'' and they shouldn't be dividing their attention to new products, then they complain the roadmap for new products isn't moving fast enough @@

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

They should resume then. Ppl want the MiG!

Of course want it too but RAZBAM is probably focusing a lot more on the long awaited f15E, it has been I don't know how many years since they first announced it so it would only be logical they released it before the flogger.

• Like 1

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb notproplayer3:

Of course want it too but RAZBAM is probably focusing a lot more on the long awaited f15E, it has been I don't know how many years since they first announced it so it would only be logical they released it before the flogger.

Well - considering they publish screenies of Tucanos, Argentina, BAE Lightnings and all sorts of other stuff I doubt they are focused on that.

And on top - while it’s not the same - there is an FC3 F-15 to bridge the wait to a real module. 

Regardless - I think they should bump up the 23 on the priority list.

It’s a unique and intriguing plane 

Edited by 1MajorKoenig

5 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

They should resume then. Ppl want the MiG!

I know I do :p

3 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Well - considering they publish screenies of Tucanos, Argentina, BAE Lightnings and all sorts of other stuff I doubt they are focused on that.

The Harrier, Mirage, etc are not receiving significant (any?) 3d updates, being essentially finished on that front. The guy/s doing that stuff haven't suddenly been fired, they're doing other stuff because... why not? A 3d model does not a plane make unfortunately. Even if you bought one already done, the work to rig it up with functionality, code the avionics, flight model etc, is likely to be at least 2-3 years start to finish.

And on top - while it’s not the same - there is an FC3 F-15 to bridge the wait to a real module.

Sorta, they're more than ''not the same'' though, as the C pretty much lacks any and all A2G ordnance, while the E very much has tons of that stuff. It's easier to substitute an E for a C than the other way around :p

Regardless - I think they should bump up the 23 on the priority list.

I'd rather they did it in whatever the most logical order for them to do it is. If they are already well into the F-15 (likely considering its age) it would be really foolish to halt it so they can spend several years starting a new plane from scratch. Fact is, we have relatively little info on what all is going on in the background.

It’s a unique and intriguing plane 

Agreed =) It's a lot like a F-104 in principle, if the F-104 wasn't hot garbage :p

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Mars Exulte:

Agreed 😃 It's a lot like a F-104 in principle, if the F-104 wasn't hot garbage 😛

Well considering the 23 had a look down shoot down radar, BVR missiles and reasonable agility all the while being a cheap point defends fighter the plane is kind of amazing. 

I think a lot of the bad mouthing stems from the combat records of the MS with MiG-21 radar and K-13 tugboat-missiles and the Bekaa Valley battle where the Syrians were blind and flanked. Neither tells exactly much about the plane itself. Especially not against contemporary designs 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2021 at 11:12 PM, 1MajorKoenig said:

I think a lot of the bad mouthing stems from the combat records of the MS with MiG-21 radar and K-13 tugboat-missiles and the Bekaa Valley battle where the Syrians were blind and flanked. Neither tells exactly much about the plane itself. Especially not against contemporary designs 

Also from the published/leaked reports of US pilots flying the Egyptian MS models covertly exported by Sadat government as part of the Constant Peg program.

It would be nice to be able to find assessments on the newer and more capable variants (like e.g. East German MLs or the Syrian one which defected to Israel).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!