Place Aircraft units on road to start cold/dark?

Tj1376

Ok- what is the secret to get a cold/dark aircraft parked on the ground (not in a parking spot) in a cold and dark configuration without having DCS classify it as an AIR start?

Ive played in many multiplayer servers where this exists - where you have a Mig21 or a F5 at a 'roadbase' and they start cold/dark and on the road... When I pull the MIZ file from the multiplayer track, they look like an air start (at 6000+ ft moving along at 400 kts) but when you slot in, they are cold/dark and on the ground sitting still.

I am trying to duplicate this setup but not having a whole lot of luck. I know in the harrier there is a start option for this, but no such option exists for the Mig21 and F5... So how does this happen? What magic spell do I need to cast to spawn a player controlled cold/dark mig21 or F5 on a road?

Image below shows you the MIZ file where the F5 starts in the air (but I want it to start cold/dark on the road.)

image.thumb.png.1668c015cc35fa2cb11c8f69440bdbd7.png

And this screenshot shows the F5 in the multiplayer mission (where its working correctly.) You can see that the F5 is listed as a "Takeoff from ground" but no such option exists in the ME for this. How do I get my mission (above) to allow the F5 to 'takeoff from ground?'

image.png.0db712c65297c8164c9f217142e1c863.png

Any help is much appreciated!

TJ

See this link for instructions how to do it.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

HI I get how to make my own missions  and put Planes on the ground.

My big question is, once you save the missions and revert the LUA to the original file, is there any undesired effects?

I want to make missions for may squad but most people do not mod their Install. Is there any draw back? Doe sit induce any bugs if its only Client Aircraft that Do start from ground?

• 3 months later...

Wish granted. 

Per 9Line this is coming to 2.7 

Screen_210217_201240.png.f1526f626f0ce77

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

11 hours ago, Activity said:

Not doubting your honesty, but do you have a link to the source?

This should be it

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Wow, that's actually very cool and good news :thumbup:

Not just for road bases, but It'll also for some original and unique starting locations on airfields

(I wonder if this will also allow us to place our aircraft anywhere on a carrier deck 🤔.... Would be awesome to be able to startup on the bow of the carrier)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

2.7 is out but I don't see this option. Is there a way to activate it? 

It's on the mission editor:

O3trMSQ.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

29 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

i tried with the P-47 in the Marianas map but didn't see it 🧐

Place first on airbase, then change the type .. it works on my DCS:

q6waOF7.jpg

🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 8/13/2021 at 10:50 PM, dresoccer4 said:

ill try again thanks

Just in case you didn't know, it only works for "player" and "client" aircraft

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

8 hours ago, sirrah said:

Just in case you didn't know, it only works for "player" and "client" aircraft

cool got it to work. thanks

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 1 year later...