Настройки Bignewy Reverb G2 для высокой частоты кадров

BIGNEWY

2 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

I am sorry to bring this back, been re reading this thread and others, but am still not clear. To get the 100% SS as recommended by HP, that 100% figure is the end result figure derived from home x per app (IE 54 x 120 =65 in the above example, means I am running at less than the optimal 100% ?)    54 x 200 ( which I have set currently) = 108% just over optimal.....

above, you are talking about the difference between 54 & 100 % - again are you referring to the final multiplied value, or one of th two multipliers?

The final value.  Set the main value and the app specific to 100%.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team

The important thing here is to know you can change this value to suit your own needs and preferences, lower values will give you more frames. 

The purpose of this thread was to show that it was possible to achieve high frame rate or target a frame rate by adjusting the value. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Good advice, but if you have motion reprojection on - which I would recommend on the G2 -  varying the SS won't give you more frames, but it certainly will change your frame times, and that is what is important.  There is a huge difference between 45fps at 22ms and 45fps at 11ms.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

3 hours ago, imacken said:

That is where I have settled for now, with Motion Smoothing on. Did some Hornet flying off the Supercarrier yesterday and was pleased.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@BIGNEWY I just applied all of the settings as you suggested (Nvidia, DCS, and SteamVR) and I am getting 90 FPS with frame times around 10-11ms.  Thank you!!!

I was having so many issues and this helped a lot.

One question that...I noticed that you pretty much disabled all AA.  Is this by design, or would you suggest using some AA?  And if so, where (DCS MSAA, Nvidia MFAA, etc)?

• Like 1

• ED Team
21 minutes ago, GatorNutz said:

@BIGNEWY I just applied all of the settings as you suggested (Nvidia, DCS, and SteamVR) and I am getting 90 FPS with frame times around 10-11ms.  Thank you!!!

I was having so many issues and this helped a lot.

One question that...I noticed that you pretty much disabled all AA.  Is this by design, or would you suggest using some AA?  And if so, where (DCS MSAA, Nvidia MFAA, etc)?

Great to hear it has helped you. 

I have AA disabled as this setup is purely for high frame rate, MSAA will eat FPS 

But you can tweak this setup to find a balance for sure. 

thanks 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 12/24/2020 at 8:26 AM, imacken said:

There is no way I can run DCS at a playable rate by running 100 & 100..........nearest I can get is around 74% ( 74 & 100) with motion reproduction on. All my other values are pretty much at base level to get that as well......I don’t see how people with say a 1080ti can run it at all.......

Happy Christmas everyone!!!

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

10 hours ago, falcon_120 said:

Question (dont have the PC for 1 week until I can try). What do you think is more demanding on the system, MSAA 2X + FSAA X2 or MSAA 0 + FSAA 8x like Bignewy? And what should look better regarding graphics? (like less sawteeth on lines...).

Big Newey does not run any AA if you check his settings? In NVCP MFAA & FXAA are both off and in game so is MSAA, SSAA & SSLR ......

In my experience you need MSAA at 2 in game for an acceptable visual quality, 4 I can’t run due to performance issues. I have not tried the others

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Big Newey does not run any AA if you check his settings? In NVCP MFAA & FXAA are both off and in game so is MSAA, SSAA & SSLR ......

In my experience you need MSAA at 2 in game for an acceptable visual quality, 4 I can’t run due to performance issues. I have not tried the others
Please try enabling MFAA and report back! It should be easy on performance.

So just to clarify something ... Syria, no matter what I try it's just a slide show, so I'm assuming its a "no go" map for VR?

Edit: for others veiwing this comment - I forgot to reduce SteamVR resultion multiplier.

Edited by CoderX71

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, CoderX71 said:

So just to clarify something ... Syria, no matter what I try it's just a slide show, so I'm assuming its a "no go" map for VR?

Don't have any issues with it here - although it does seem to be "less optimized" compared to other maps.  That being said, I've performed a "trick" that I was informed of that has made it run even smoother.  Not sure why, but I'm certainly not a computer programmer.  The MP server that I fly in, the creator has even further optimized the performance and it runs just as smooth as it does in SP, while flying in the MP server. 

I know the map has a much more detailed landscape than the other maps available in DCS, so could be part of it.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

3 hours ago, CoderX71 said:

Works fine for me...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

4 hours ago, CoderX71 said:

No problems at all with Syria map here in VR. Compared to urban areas in the Channel map, it’s a breeze!

• ED Team
5 hours ago, CoderX71 said:

I am getting 90 fps in syria in single player

Cheers for the replies all, but I had PEBKAC moment 😛

I forgot to reduce the SteamVR resultion multiplier 🤦‍♂️

Using the F16 - Cold and Dark Start mission on Syria I'm now getting stable 45 fps / 16ms over Incirlik, and 75fps / 10ms over open terrain.

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Don't have any issues with it here - although it does seem to be "less optimized" compared to other maps.  That being said, I've performed a "trick" that I was informed of that has made it run even smoother.  Not sure why, but I'm certainly not a computer programmer.  The MP server that I fly in, the creator has even further optimized the performance and it runs just as smooth as it does in SP, while flying in the MP server. 

I know the map has a much more detailed landscape than the other maps available in DCS, so could be part of it.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Yeah very detailed map....And I think also that there is still room for optimization being still early access technically

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Just got my own G2, and I've been looking forward to trying it out in DCS.

Unfortunately, I can't get a good enough FPS to where it can run smoothly. I've copied all of the settings in the first post, but I can't get anywhere near to 90FPS (and this is only free-flight single-player).

Been trying out free-flight in PG, but my FPS hovers around 45 (38-50), so I'm not getting a very good experience, and not high enough to get a stable reprojection going.

My system is a 9900k, 2080 super, 32gb ram

4 hours ago, Photon said:

Just got my own G2, and I've been looking forward to trying it out in DCS.

Unfortunately, I can't get a good enough FPS to where it can run smoothly. I've copied all of the settings in the first post, but I can't get anywhere near to 90FPS (and this is only free-flight single-player).

Been trying out free-flight in PG, but my FPS hovers around 45 (38-50), so I'm not getting a very good experience, and not high enough to get a stable reprojection going.

My system is a 9900k, 2080 super, 32gb ram

100% native resolution for Reverb G2 is quite high. On my rig it is 3172x3100 per eye.

That is a lot of pixels to push.

You can lower the resolution some in the Steam VR settings.

I personally am running it at 100% with Motion Smoothing enabled and get a pretty good experience at 45 fps. I have a beefy rig as well.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

27 minutes ago, dburne said:

100% native resolution for Reverb G2 is quite high. On my rig it is 3172x3100 per eye.

That is a lot of pixels to push.

You can lower the resolution some in the Steam VR settings.

I personally am running it at 100% with Motion Smoothing enabled and get a pretty good experience at 45 fps. I have a beefy rig as well.

Yea, I'm also running the reduced resolution as per the first post, but I'm not getting anywhere close to 90. Maybe flying over an empty ocean 

Do you guys feel that the shadows settings are resource intensive at all?

I noticed BigNewy disabled shadows, but I don’t see any performance change on my system from that while it does make the game look a lot less nice.

Aside from MSAA and Visibility Range what are the settings that affect framerate most in your opinions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

any form of AA, vis range, Shadows, Mirrors, AI (capable) units, and background processes outside of DCS

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• ED Team

shadows will give you a hit, I tend to fly with cockpit shadows enabled now and terrain shadows off. 

Something I have just discovered (and I think is responsible!) for a huge performance gain on my rig...

opt in to the Steam WMR beta "lkg_release" via right clicking on WMR for Steam VR, then properties, then Betas and select it.

I had pretty much set up Bignewy's settings and was getting reasonable results with MSAA x2 and a few increases in various DCS setting with NVidia 3D settings as per the suggested ones at the top of this thread, but this new beta seems to have done something to vastly improve things.

I note it now selects a resolution of 2708x2648 on the default marker line for global video settings - giving a SS rate of 150%. (Note much lower than the previous Beta which gave stupid high resolution at the default marker)  This new resolultion selection would have been unplayable in the previous beta  (I was running at 56%) but now this is giving me 50-60 fps and at well under sub 20ms frametimes.  and locks into 45fps when things get tough and re-projection kicks in.  And the clarity is hugely improved!

I have a 2080ti and 9900k at 5GHz and 32GB RAM

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jon Fenton said:

Something I have just discovered (and I think is responsible!) for a huge performance gain on my rig...

opt in to the Steam WMR beta "lkg_release" via right clicking on WMR for Steam VR, then properties, then Betas and select it.

I had pretty much set up Bignewy's settings and was getting reasonable results with MSAA x2 and a few increases in various DCS setting with NVidia 3D settings as per the suggested ones at the top of this thread, but this new beta seems to have done something to vastly improve things.

I note it now selects a resolution of 2708x2648 on the default marker line for global video settings - giving a SS rate of 150%. (Note much lower than the previous Beta which gave stupid high resolution at the default marker)  This new resolultion selection would have been unplayable in the previous beta  (I was running at 56%) but now this is giving me 50-60 fps and at well under sub 20ms frametimes.  and locks into 45fps when things get tough and re-projection kicks in.  And the clarity is hugely improved!

I have a 2080ti and 9900k at 5GHz and 32GB RAM

Not sure about that beta. I think it's an old one.  I think lkg stands for 'last known good'. Might be wrong though.