Настройки Bignewy Reverb G2 для высокой частоты кадров

BIGNEWY

2 hours ago, imacken said:

Not sure about that beta. I think it's an old one.  I think lkg stands for 'last known good'. Might be wrong though.

....that might be the case, but it certainly gave me a big performance improvement.  The advice given by steam was detailed in the other thread and said the following :

After the recent detection issues are you still able to launch the Windows Mixed Reality portal and have it detect your headset without issue?

To begin troubleshooting, please opt into both the SteamVR and Steam Client Beta.

·         To opt into Steam Client Beta, open the Steam Client and go to "Steam" > "Settings" > "Account" and enable Beta participation.

·         To opt into SteamVR Beta, find Steam VR in your Library, right-click and select "Properties" > "BETAS" tab and select SteamVR Beta.

You should also opt into the LKG Beta for Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR. You can do this the same you would for SteamVR. Right-click in library "Properties > "BETAS" > enable Beta LKG Build.

I’m glad it’s working for you. Looking further into this, that lkg version is ancient!

it’s probably just the slider value that is making a difference. Turn the pixel count to the current beta and see. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On 12/25/2020 at 10:12 AM, markturner1960 said:

Big Newey does not run any AA if you check his settings? In NVCP MFAA & FXAA are both off and in game so is MSAA, SSAA & SSLR ......

In my experience you need MSAA at 2 in game for an acceptable visual quality, 4 I can’t run due to performance issues. I have not tried the others

I'm trying to enable AA using the base provided by Big Newey, but I don't find the correct settings in the nvidia CP. My goal is to enable MSAA and see the performance, but I don't see any difference when I enable in DCS, so it seems that I have not enabled in the nvidia settings. 

There is no MSAA setting in ncp.  It is switched on in DCS settings.  Not sure why you're not seeing a difference when you switch it on there.

Load the Hornet Ready on the Ramp IA mission in PG. Look at the lines on the ground/runway with and without MSAA.  You need to restart DCS every time you change that setting.

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

7 hours ago, Nahemoth said:

Yes, I know, I guess there is a global enabler for AA functions. I'm just using the PG instant mission where it is easy to notice the shimmering, this is why I'm relatively sure that MSAA is not enabled.

The point is, do you see a difference on that mission when taxiing to the runway with MSAA on and off?

<cranky rant>  this poop hurts my head.  Settings in Mixed Reality Portal, Settings in SteamVR; both General and then Video for game specific.  Settings in Game.  Uncommenting a line (or maybe not) in a file buried 12 sub-directories deep.  Motion Reproduction, Motion Sampling, Super Sampling,  54% here then 100% here unless you do 100% here and 204% here, unless of course you have a G1 then everything is different.  Nothing about this is intuitive or easy to understand or set up.  fpsVR can show one thing, in game FPS shows another, little green/blue/more blue boxes show something else.  I can find 11 different videos and 43 different posts that all say something different and something different to tweak or change; all of which contradicts each other. 

When the F is 2020 over?

Ryzen 3700X

32MB Ram

Reverb G2 (thinking of plugging in the Rift S again, just cuz)

Rant over, please return to your regularly scheduled, impossible to follow, string.  I'm going back to Leisure Suit Larry 

Edited by plane_crazy242
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, plane_crazy242 said:

<cranky rant>  this poop hurts my head.  Settings in Mixed Reality Portal, Settings in SteamVR; both General and then Video for game specific.  Settings in Game.  Uncommenting a line (or maybe not) in a file buried 12 sub-directories deep.  Motion Reproduction, Motion Sampling, Super Sampling,  54% here then 100% here unless you do 100% here and 204% here, unless of course you have a G1 then everything is different.  Nothing about this is intuitive or easy to understand or set up.  fpsVR can show one thing, in game FPS shows another, little green/blue/more blue boxes show something else.  I can find 11 different videos and 43 different posts that all say something different and something different to tweak or change; all of which contradicts each other. 

When the F is 2020 over?

Ryzen 3700X

32MB Ram

Reverb G2 (thinking of plugging in the Rift S again, just cuz)

Rant over, please return to your regularly scheduled, impossible to follow, string.  I'm going back to Leisure Suit Larry 

hoping you feel better now, getting that all out.  I can sense and feel it too!  honest, we do.   But indeed, each rig is different, and thus requires some unique tweaks.  my Rift S remains "plan b".  But I've been very happy with the G2.  BN's thread has been very helpful with further opening up the discussion and info exchange. 

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

@plane_crazy242. lol ... I hear ya bud.

I've been at this thing for days now.

It even drove me to go out and get a RTX3090!! and I still can't find that sweat spot. Even with a 3090, DCS runs like crap in certain sections for me with ALL settings set to "potatoe" 😲🤔🤨

It's now 5am New Year's Day and haven't slept because I've been reading up on this and I'm hoping to get some tweaking done before I have to nurse my wife's hangover when she wakes up 🤣

I'm hoping the future updates to the DCS rendering engine will provide a better VR experience.

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

20 minutes ago, CoderX71 said:

It even drove me to go out and get a RTX3090!! and I still can't find that sweat spot. Even with a 3090, DCS runs like crap in certain sections for me with ALL settings set to "potatoe" 😲🤔🤨

It's now 5am New Year's Day and haven't slept because I've been reading up on this and I'm hoping to get some tweaking done before I have to nurse my wife's hangover when she wakes up 🤣

I'm hoping the future updates to the DCS rendering engine will provide a better VR experience.

I just spat my beer out, that's hilarious! 🤣 The lengths we go to eh 😉

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

25 minutes ago, CoderX71 said:

I would not hold your breath DCS has not improved since 2017 in VR maybe give or take a frame or 2 lol. 

I would not hold your breath DCS has not improved since 2017 in VR maybe give or take a frame or 2 lol. 

Well I disagree...we had no 50% improvements....but little optimizations here and there....
Then we will have vulkan which hopefully will bring a lot to the table...
  • Like 2

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• ED Team

Many have asked me how I was getting 90fps in VR, these are my settings, and how I achieve it,

if you are running low settings and not getting high frames in DCS there has to be a hardware, driver, windows or graphics option creating the problem. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Little is the right word.

Well...i had my first approaches with VR in 2017....i feel that DCS VR has never been in a good shape like now...
I am sure it will get better

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Many have asked me how I was getting 90fps in VR, these are my settings, and how I achieve it,

if you are running low settings and not getting high frames in DCS there has to be a hardware, driver, windows or graphics option creating the problem. 

Spot on - It was an option in WMR

The biggest problem I couldn't solve, while I had the 2080Ti and now my new 3090, was when looking down on to the terrain below, I would get stutters or double vision(? if that makes sense) it was like the left and right eyes were out of sync. It was so bad it would give me a nauseous sensation.

After digging a little I came across @imacken post here, and reading through the MS doc I noted I didn't have Motion Reprojection enabled.

image.png

(Note: The green square is a debug option under "Developer" -> "Enable motion reprojection status indicator". Its helped me see where motion reprojection was kicking in during flight, and to know if the CPU or GPU was hitting any "walls", thus help me decide which settings in DCS to set / change. )

Setting Motion Reprojection to Auto has changed everything for me and I'm now getting buttery smooth frame rates / frame times. If people are intersted I can post my settings in a new thread.

Edited by CoderX71
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Can I recommend you use fpsVR for your GPU/CPU monitoring rather than that awkward, limited use indicator?

• Like 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, imacken said:

Can I recommend you use fpsVR for your GPU/CPU monitoring rather than that awkward, limited use indicator?

Agreed it is a very good tool, and can really show where your bottlenecks are for fine tuning 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Was already using it. I find the debug tool useful as it would highligt the moment a bottleneck would occur without having to constantly look down to see fpsVR in VR. For example it was interesting to see that wing vortex affects frame times on the GPU.

Edited by CoderX71
  • Like 2

• ED Team

OpenXR is planned for DCS, but I have no news to share at the moment. 

Don't get too excited guys.  Playing MSFS in VR makes you realise how wonderful DCS is!

The OpenXR slider just varies the render resolution like SteamVR SS does, EXCEPT that at 50% (as the guy in the video was talking about ) it creates a horrible distortion.  Probably the barrel distortion talked about so often here.

If you can live with that, then it does look OK, but personally, I feel it is so much better to use the in-game render scale as it does not create the distortion effect.

• Like 2

• ED Team

Yep we will have to wait and see, and dont want to turn this thread into a comparison thread. 

My settings are what I use for high frame rate with the reverb G2, if it helps some people great 🙂

• Like 1