Clutter|Grass slider has no effect

Fantomas

as a Huey pilot, the popping up of the grass is really annoying.

so i tried to adjust the slider for clutter and grass - finding out that it has absolutely no effect.

setting it to zero: there is still grass/bushes displayed.

setting it to ANY value bigger than zero: grass/bushes are displayed only 50 meters around me.

so whatever i set this to, it always looks the same!

neither can i completely deactivate it, nor set it to a value high enough so the grass is displayed at higher distance.

Edited by Fantomas

Yeah I use both a 48" screen and a Rift S too - as for the grass I have put together a quick mod for the PG map for now

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GoQYXkYilNrsQ4rCL_pCOWpEKjf-QxLz/view?usp=sharing

it contains dummy textures that stops the bushes/grass clumps from rendering, just extract contents and drop the two zips into DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\PersianGulf\vfstextures folder.

Edited by Mustang

1 hour ago, Fantomas said:

so i tried to adjust the slider for clutter and grass - finding out that it has absolutely no effect.

setting it to zero: there is still grass/bushes displayed.

setting it to ANY value bigger than zero: grass/bushes are displayed only 50 meters around me.

The slider works on my side (latest OB):

I take it you want these scarce remaining pieces of grass gone as well? (at 0:14)

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

39 minutes ago, Flappie said:

I take it you want these scarce remaining pieces of grass gone as well? (at 0:14)

wow that is interesting.

i never saw that dense grass, at least not on Syria and PersianGulf. i just dont have that.

what i meant were those tiny bushes every 5 meters in your video. i thought these shouold be affected by the slider. but in your video, they are not affected. and when you fly over them, they keep popping up as they are only rendered to a max distance of maybe 50 meters.

55 minutes ago, Mustang said:

it contains dummy textures that stops the bushes/grass clumps from rendering, just extract contents and drop the two zips into DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\PersianGulf\vfstextures folder.

ah, i understand.

you just replace the textures of those tiny grass-bushes with transparent textures!

smart idea! but a generally working slider would be nicer.

but after watching the video, i wonder, is that slider meant to affect those tiny grass-bushes anyway?

it should - cause the really pop up at a distance way too close

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 8:35 PM, RyanL said:

Very late to the topic, but is there a way to increase the render distance of those grass-bushes? 

I only use it to decrese render distance, but u can try use value highter than 1 in /Saved Games/DCS/Config/Options.lua in line 70 theres in my:
["clutterMaxDistance"] = 0,

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

How much of a performance hit does the grass, small bushes, and trees make when maxed versus slid all the way to the left? I’d rather have performance than grass, bushes, and trees. Also, an OvGme file that gets rid of or replaces with a very low lod texture would be killer for each map. Arma 3 has something like this and it prevents the treaded pop up bushes from happening. 

• Like 1

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!