Deck crew night ops

Devil 505

I could not find this but I know it has been brought up.  Any ETA on the deck crew getting hand lights for directing deck traffic after dark?  I only play in VR and it is very difficult once the crew steps off to the side to see what the hand signal is prior to launch.  Looking forward to improved deck crew night ops.

3 hours ago, Harker said:

It's lower priority at the moment, apparently...

That's quite shocking to hear, it appears to me that the lack of night capabilities is what one might refer to as a 'blocker'. Like why are they bothering with ACLS before we can even taxi on the deck at night (when ACLS would feasibly be used).

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

6 minutes ago, Swiftwin9s said:

That's quite shocking to hear, it appears to me that the lack of night capabilities is what one might refer to as a 'blocker'. Like why are they bothering with ACLS before we can even taxi on the deck at night (when ACLS would feasibly be used).

Agree completely

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

On 12/11/2020 at 2:04 AM, Swiftwin9s said:

So people can be lazy and not land the jet manually at noon CAVOK. 

On 12/14/2020 at 4:03 PM, Nealius said:

So people can be lazy and not land the jet manually at noon CAVOK. 

It saddens me that you are probably right. Already most people are not bothering to learn how to correctly do a CASE I and that number is going to probably increase. I've had people tell me that they can land the Tomcat on the carrier just fine, just for me to realize that they only knew how to use ACLS.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

What about some ambient lighting? Watch any night ops video on YT and you will see floods on the island. The deck crew doesn't operate in the total darkness that our carriers currently have. Just don't make it so bright that you can see it from space like the alignment lights currently are.   

Edited by RackMonkey

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

The flood lights at 3:01 are already in the game, but they are correctly not bright enough to see the plane directors hands. This is why they use the wands IRL. Until then we see those, we are effectively stuck to daylight ops only.

• Like 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2