Rudders Flutter

bonesvf103

Lately I've been noticing that the rudders are fluttering.  For instance, if I am trying to steer my aircraft I hit the rudder but nothing happens.  When I look down at the rudders in the aircraft, the graphic representation of it shows it's "fluttering", rapidly flipping back and forth then it stops, then it starts again.

It does this in any aircraft i fly.  I'm using Logitech's rudders (goes with the X56).

After a few minutes it seems to stop fluttering but may come back again.  I'm trying to figure out a fix because it has cost me an aircraft or two when I land.  It causes skidding.

I also tried using the twist in my joystick to use the rudders and it did the same thing.  So it makes me think something in DCS is up, not the rudder or stick itself.

In the DCS axis assign, this fluttering does not show up.  The bands are stable and move left and right as they should.

Any ideas?

v6,

boNes

• Thanks 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Sounds like your rudders are assigned to multiple devices. When you input on one, the other is cancelling it out. That's why it looks stable when you assign the axis, i.e. because it's only looking at the specified device.

Remove the duplicate assignments, and you should be fine.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

5 hours ago, Pizzicato said:

Sounds like your rudders are assigned to multiple devices. When you input on one, the other is cancelling it out. That's why it looks stable when you assign the axis, i.e. because it's only looking at the specified device.

Remove the duplicate assignments, and you should be fine.

I’ll try that, thanks.

oh and I don’t have any warbirds.  The other aircraft were the Tomcat, Hornet, and Falcon.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

On 12/9/2020 at 1:44 PM, bonesvf103 said:

Yup, looks to have worked, thanks!

v6,

boNes

Every time I update the DCS Beta, I open the controls panels for all my aircraft and check for duplicate settings. I’ll usually have to remove duplicates from at least one of my aircraft. When I see one, I just load saved profiles for that aircraft to make sure nothing else is bound incorrectly. This has been an ongoing issue with DCS updates, at least since I’ve been playing.

Edited by Balzarog

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

A common problem. When you add a new controller, DCS automatically configures what it think the axis should be assigned to - I've been caught out by this a few times.

Now the default if I add a new controller is to first 'Clear the catergory' for that controller and add only what I specifically state. (And with axis's when I assign one to make sure nothing else is assigned to the axis).