F/A-18C - AN/APG-73 RADAR (AIR-TO-AIR) - Symbology Question

Mysty

Hi all,

This may have been covered before, but I can't find anything on it.  Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the + sign on the Air-to-Air radar mean.  If you look at the picture attached, there are 2 contacts on the radar, one is hyphen, the other is a + sign.  Both can be locked.  This was taken during a single player mission.  

Any info will be greatly appreciated.  

Mysty

F18-Radar.jpg

Edited by Mysty

• Mysty changed the title to F/A-18C - AN/APG-73 RADAR (AIR-TO-AIR) - Symbology Question

It is the Acquisition Point Cue: the ACQ Point cue indicates the highest priority MSI trackfile if the HAFU for that track is not currently displayed (e.g. it is not the L&S or DT2). This cue will indicate the acquisition point if AACQ is commanded at that instant. This cue also represents where the L&S target will step to if the Undesignate button is depressed. Slewing the TDC cursor over the ACQ Point cue will remove the cue in favor of a HAFU if the LTWS option is selected.

The ACQ Point cue is also removed when the cursor is positioned over any MSI trackfile. The ACQ Point cue is not displayed when a higher priority target is already displayed (typically the L&S or DT2).

• Like 2

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H