Tracks showing Jester's mad desire to switch to RWS...

wadman

"On Devil's Edge = BVR" Instant Action mission in single player in Open Beta.  After taking out the 2 Mig 29's with TWS Phoenixes and getting TWS tracks on the Mig 21's, Jester decides to switch to RWS for no apparent reason - usually right after a Phoenix launch (but not always).  When then instructed to switch back to TWS, he does - but immediately switches back to RWS followed by the sounds of him rapid-fire pressing buttons like a madman in the back seat.

I believe I saw IronMike say they could not duplicate this behavior in another thread that I can't find - but it happens almost every time for me, so super easy to provide these tracks - hopefully they can help diagnose the issue.  Please fix this as it sucks much of the fun out of using the F14!  

Jester RWS frantic button pressing 3.trk Jester RWS frantic button pressing 4.trk Jester RWS frantic button pressing.trk Jester RWS frantic button pressing 2.trk

Try using RWS to scan, and then hit Radar mode Auto so Jester doesn't go stupid and starts mashing buttons making you practically non-combat functional. Its only "workaround" I've personally found for this bug, that's been around for OVER 7 MONTHS. However, another issue arises when doing this, if your Phoenix misses or goes into the ground before the TTI countdown is finished sometimes you won't be able to tell jester+AWG-9 to do anything as he'll be stuck there for about a minute, but during this time you can use that as an opportunity to reset the fight or RTB.

Edited by Xenovia

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]