Who will win the race between the Mi-24 and the OH-58?

Razorback

damn the pic wont load for me =(

Well i was all sorta BS of course and if u were a russian or east bloc we were the bad guys. its all perspective like all life

i wasnt entirely wrong. though we didnt live on base my dads eyesight was too bad to fly by the time i was a baby and he was a major doing mil intel most our time i was alive in europe. theres a good chance a spetnas nuke near  wiesbaden or a 'terrorists' (spetnas squads to kill officer right before the official war started) may have shot us all in a car or something.

before anyone gets upset Im sure nato had plenty of nasty plans too and civies werent to be say explicit targets of the spetznas or sof attack theyd just prolly get hit.

and of course, western germany would be nuked and shattered. i dont think any german civvies would have survived. us military dependents? LOL

I realize now the US uses its dependents as  hostages in a weird way I never realized - even though it was on Projekt Ryans 'checklist' until N K made the explicit threat if US fams left the Korean peninsula WW3 would start.

since we're discussing my history in 95 my dad was the usaf nato liason at norfolk which is a naval base. so it was an odd posting. he was a lt col then and got us flag passes. so for the 50th time on the forum heres a link to some off the coolest pix i ever took which was on the CV65 when it went out to sea for a day, shot and trapped a6s, f14s, f18s, did a sonic boom, dropped dummy bombs.. for mil families. also some stuff like my grandpas carrier USS Leyte off Korea, and my grt grandpas ww1 enlistment discharge papers. those are hard to read but i haadnt known he'd been hit 2x, nor that hed been in every major US battle as a infantry pvt.  he died from lung problems ( he got gassed ) 7 years later in his mid 20s.

https://imgur.com/gallery/TT2qlsn

So it seems the  V was the first Mi24 with Shturms? going off wiki :eyeroll:

Also, in retrospect thinking rn, its shocking the level of propaganda, even soft we got at the time against communism and russia etc.  Compared to anything in my life.  I dont want to bring up the dread P subject, but I think this is partially why the last few years have been so stressful for me, I have never seen this level of animosity and mis/dis/skewed information sent out about an 'enemy' not even jiihadists, since those childhood memories of fears of the 'russians'.

which ill add wasnt 50s or 60s duck and cover. i wasnt on a base. german school. they avooided the subject. i had german best friends. i dont think we ever discussed it much but we were young. but the movies. odd comments from my dad, like me asking him once when he  took me to watch airplanes at the flight line at Rammstein what if they had to drop the bombs and shoot the rockets? what would happen to us? he looked sad and said we wouldnt even know it had happened. which I didnt get, but processed as itd be far away, idk something. now i realize he meant we'd all be dead.

Edited by sublime
  • Like 1

9 часов назад, sublime сказал:

so for the 50th time on the forum heres a link to some off the coolest pix i ever took which was on the CV65 when it went out to sea for a day, shot and trapped a6s, f14s, f18s, did a sonic boom, dropped dummy bombs.. for mil families. also some stuff like my grandpas carrier USS Leyte off Korea, and my grt grandpas ww1 enlistment discharge papers. those are hard to read but i haadnt known he'd been hit 2x, nor that hed been in every major US battle as a infantry pvt.  he died from lung problems ( he got gassed ) 7 years later in his mid 20s.

https://imgur.com/gallery/TT2qlsn

Interesting story and great photos! :thumbup:

So it seems the  V was the first Mi24 with Shturms?

Yes, the 9K113 Shturm-V ATGW began to be serially installed on the Mi-24V.

P.S.

damn the pic wont load for me =(

By the way, for example, in Google Chrome, I also have a problem with displaying pictures on this forum. However, Microsoft Edge doesn't have this problem.

Скрытый текст

Original in Russian

Интересная история и отличные фото! :thumbup:

Да, ПТРК 9К113 «Штурм-В» серийно начали устанавливать на Ми-24В.

P.S.

Кстати, например у меня в Google Chrome тоже имеется проблема с отображением картинок на данном форуме. Однако в Microsoft Edge такой проблемы нет.

Edited by S.E.Bulba
UPD.
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

thanks man. I got more pictures but theyre more of the same as displayed there. Unfortunately I made some realllly bad life decisions in my teens/20s and lost everything several times over, including lots of usaf stuff my dad just left me like his flying helmet, slide rules, bla bla bla

its a shame.  ah well... hes passed and is at peace hopefully, finally.

Polychops will win.

They will release the most advanced chopper in DCS, It does not matter if they release it before or after the Hind.

They have won.

Sometimes I do not understand where the DCS chopper community has its head at.

But I will enjoy the hind

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

3 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Polychops will win.

They will release the most advanced chopper in DCS, It does not matter if they release it before or after the Hind.

They have won.

Sometimes I do not understand where the DCS chopper community has its head at.

But I will enjoy the hind

Complexity does not a good module make. YMMV. 
But I'm looking forward to both, for different reasons. 
I want the Mi-24 for the idea of an SU-25 that can hover, and I want the KW for doing scouty thingies. 
While I am excited for the KW, I am looking forward more to the Hind at the moment, because I always wanted a gunship. 

2 hours ago, Mower said:

Here I thought the Kiowa was damn near complete.

If RAZBAM was making the KW it would have released this summer. 
That said, its a wait for them to finish up their list, and then its off to Bell for QA, could take 2 weeks, could take a month. Considering PC has a handful of actual Kiowa pilots as SMEs and one of them was an IP for the bird, it should be a short process. 

Edited by Sledgehammer427

The Oni abides, man✌️

@Rogue Trooper: A bold theory. So far I would not go to claim that.

But secretly, I also hope that the module strikes like a bomb. With the aim of being able to transfer the PC's resulting experience TO the Gazelle.

Edited by kotor633

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

There's no racing and there's no winning. ED would be delighted for Kiowa to do amazingly well. I've heard much more noise about the Kiowa, at least seen complete streams with its operation. Both videos showed only what each developer wanted to show, for the Kiowa, appeared mostly done, in the case of the Hind it's way further out, assume if you didnt see it, its not ready to be seen. Might seem like a cynical view, it's not, its very very simple, the marketing machine shows you cool stuff if its there. No marketing, no stuff to show, not done, simple RoT. There are people like Wags itching to create content on new things, he's not holding back because he thinks it's amusing!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

The annoucement of the AH-64D is a very good news and of course I am waiting for it but :

FIRST THINGS FIRST : Mi-24P

ED, we are now waiting for some news, 05 months after the release of the movie of the beast above Syria.

We are expecting more than an possible release during the first quarter of 2021...

How to explain this lack of information on the development of a module that was supposed to come out in 2020 as announced at the beginning of the year.
We are not waiting for a precise date of the release but at least some information on the latest developments...
Is it too much to ask? I don't think so...

• ED Team

Mi-24 is planned to be released before the apache, we have no timescales to share for the apache at the moment. 

When we are ready we will give more detail about the Mi-24. 

thank you

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

50 minutes ago, Razorback said:

The annoucement of the AH-64D is a very good news and of course I am waiting for it but :

FIRST THINGS FIRST : Mi-24P

ED, we are now waiting for some news, 05 months after the release of the movie of the beast above Syria.

We are expecting more than an possible release during the first quarter of 2021...

How to explain this lack of information on the development of a module that was supposed to come out in 2020 as announced at the beginning of the year.
We are not waiting for a precise date of the release but at least some information on the latest developments...
Is it too much to ask? I don't think so...

Preciesely... big ass hype for apache - while Hind is strongly neglected in every way. Do you remember any this kind of hype video about Hind? I am not. Everything is more important than Hind, even answers we ask for a months, for a years. Like it is black sheep even before born. I wish it´s not, but I am starting to think politics has the role in it. 

Last news from Kate Perederko on Discord :

-Mi-24 has been postponed from the initial "Autumn 2020" release because ED wanted to implement multi-crew first. The module is not quite ready for release yet, but there's "light at the end of the tunnel". AI co-pilot for Mi-24 will have name (like Jester), but it's still a secret.

- Kate promised to personally hold all future modules (including the Mi-24) from being released half-baked. They don't want to repeat the F-16 fiasco.

• ED Team
25 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Last news from Kate Perederko on Discord :

-Mi-24 has been postponed from the initial "Autumn 2020" release because ED wanted to implement multi-crew first. The module is not quite ready for release yet, but there's "light at the end of the tunnel". AI co-pilot for Mi-24 will have name (like Jester), but it's still a secret.

- Kate promised to personally hold all future modules (including the Mi-24) from being released half-baked. They don't want to repeat the F-16 fiasco.

Yes we dont want a repeat of the viper release of course, try to be optimistic, Mi-24 work is going well, when we are ready to share more we will. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Yes we dont want a repeat of the viper release of course, try to be optimistic, Mi-24 work is going well, when we are ready to share more we will. 

thanks

For sure BIGNEWY.

I believe that all of us here have no problem for waiting  more time in order to have a final quality product.
And I am more and more convinced that this will be the case.
Nevertheless, I believe that in terms of deadlines, the Hind will have beaten all records in relation to the first teasing of Wags...

What is most frustrating is to have shown a magnificent video of the Hind over Syria and then to not give any more information on the progress of this module...
As mentioned in another post for more than 5 months...

It would be nice to send the info to Wags... 😉

I would also like to thank you for your comments on the forum...your job should not be easy every day with all the frustrations...and this despite the constant and nice evolutions of our favourite flight simulator.
DCS all the way...But Hind all the way as well ! 😜

Have a nice evening, respectfully

Chris

2 hours ago, МаксиM said:

AAHHAHAHA dude thats really funny🤣

yeah. Halloween sale vid? hind over Latakia? no? 

Video with Hind over Latakia is really nice, but it is not kind of look what we have done video, like in F-xx aircraft was in this state of development. It is some kind of by the way info.  And yes, probably I did not noticed Hind in haloween sale video. My mistake. Maybe I am not express quite right, I am sorry, but I think you just trying to skew my point. 

I feel in your post disregard a mockery. And that is excatly the problem. Comunication with comunity. All over again. We are asking questions for years and months a we geting only a lack of information. And you, as a probably member of a Hind test team, are just laught to our faces. That is not a kind of attitude I expect to customers. But that is your deal, I dont care. We are not asking for release date. We are asking for informations about development, not only a few senteces once or twice a year. I think it is not too much. If I take informations about development F-18 or F-16 and compare with informations we have about Hind at the same stadium of development...I think you can recognize that is not comparable. That is my point. 

My dad flying Hind for more than 40 years, now as a test pilot in repair company. I was about too but it never happened, but I am a pilot myself. We offered our knowledge to a development and testing, but we were not called. That is ok, I understand ED have a good team for it. I just want you to know that I am not some kind of 16years old ninny who thrash fists to table and yell for his toy. I am far from that. We just asked. That´s all. Mock me if you want. 

Jirka

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Maverick24 said:

. And you, as a probably member of a Hind test team

No, I'm a closed beta tester, and believe me, I know no more about mi24 than you do: "it flies, shoots, but it's still raw"

10 hours ago, Maverick24 said:

We are asking for informations about development

in the Ru section pilotMi 8 answered, not so long ago he showed a part of the manual

and sorry, I misunderstood you, my fault

10 minutes ago, МаксиM said:

No, I'm a closed beta tester, and believe me, I know no more about mi24 than you do: "it flies, shoots, but it's still raw"

Is really that "raw"?? A update of the current status would be nice. I tought that a release was to be expected during first months of the 2021, but not so sure now.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

1 minute ago, Stratos said:

Is really that "raw"?? A update of the current status would be nice. I tought that a release was to be expected during first months of the 2021, but not so sure now.

dude. i dont know! I dont try it by myself  "it flies, shoots, but it's still raw" thats what pilotMi8 saied 4-5 months ago. I belive thats mi24 will be relese in 2021Q1

1 minute ago, Stratos said:

I have the same conclusion as you. Whitout any further informations I don't expect to see a release before summer 2021.

Has mentionned in an other post, I believe that the Hind is the module that has been the most delayed in recent years.