Blades of Steel - Syria [Helicopter Sandbox] - PvE (Single or Multiplayer) by Element

Blades_of_Steel_-_Syria.jpg
Blades of Steel - Syria [Helicopter Sandbox] - by Element
All Helo Modules (Single or Multiplayer)

After the Syrian President was assassinated, that country fell into civil war as various groups fight for power. The city of Damascus is currently under siege by ruthless insurgents. Major airports and Syrian strongholds have been captured. As part of the Combined Joint Task Force (blue) we are to push the insurgents (red) out of Damascus and return peace to the city.

Blades of Steel - is a PvE sandbox operation for all current DCS World helicopter modules and Syria Map. While I did develop this mission mainly for the huey and transport ops I do have missions and targets for more advanced helo modules such as sam sites, convoys, airfields, ect.  You are able to play many different rolls from troop transport ops to recapturing airfields to completing ground strikes/attacks. Mission can also be play in singleplayer or multiplayer. This mission will provide hours and hours of flying fun with over 100+ different LZs for transport ops an even an option for Live Player Stats using my already included and installed EasyStats script.

Features:
- 100+ LZs for Troop Transport Ops
- Troop Insertions
- Troop Extractions
- LZ's will smoke during the day and Flare at Night time..

- Combat Search and Rescue Operations (CSAR)
- Ground Attack / Strike Missions
- EasyStats for live player stats

To Enable LIVE STATS
You will need to edit your MissionScripting.lua file.

Edit your MissionScripting.lua ("C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts") so EasyStats may create and save data.
Comment out sanitizeModule('os'), sanitizeModule('io'), sanitizeModule('lfs'), and require

It should look something like this...

do
      --sanitizeModule('os')
      --sanitizeModule('io')
      --sanitizeModule('lfs')
      require = nil
      loadlib = nil
    end

Strike / Ground Attack Missions
Use menu to check for the latest targets for your unit. Also use F10 map to pinpoint its location. These will include convoys, SAM & EWR sites, as well as airfields and road outposts ect.

Troop Transport Operations
(DO NOT USE CTLD IF SELECTING ONE OF THESE MISSIONS)

Inserts, Extractions, CSAR
If you choose one of these roles and if troops are required they will be loaded and/or spawned automatically. No need to load troops via CTLD menu.

Plan your route wisely!
After you are assigned a mission and doing a transport operation be sure to check the F10 map so you may avoid problematic areas such as SAM sites, outposts, and strike/ground operation areas as they may provide a serious threat to your Huey or Mi8. You may wish to go around to avoid these areas during your mission.

Manually Loading Infantry Troops - CTLD Menu
Transport helos also have the options to transport troops into battle at any one of the current Strike / Ground Attack operations. Just be sure to drop troops within 3000 Meters of a target and troops will march and attack target.

Check out the F10 Map for current ground/attack missions.
Use the CTLD -> Transport menu to load troops.
Most of these operations will be very tough for transport helios alone.  
Load troops at White Smoke at airfields or anywhere on a FARP.

Things to Know:
Ambush Attacks: Uh1 Hueys and Mi8s will need to stay vigilant as its very possible you may be attacked randomly by insurgents while in Enemy Territory.  
SAM Threats: SAM Threats are very likely , fast and low is the way to go when performing troop transport ops

Download

Blades of Steel Syria - By Element

Support Developer - If you enjoy this mission or any other my other missions and/or scripts please consider supporting!

Enjoy!!

Element 👽

Updates / Change Logs

12-10-2020 - LZ's fill smoke during the day, and flare during night time ops
12-11-2020 - Fixed bug with CSAR tasks
12-15-2020 - Added 10 Addls CSAR LZs
6-16-2021 - Added the New Mi-24P Hind & Added the latest version of Easy Stats

Edited by ElementLT
update text
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

• ElementLT changed the title to Blades of Steel - Syria [Helicopter Sandbox] - PvE (Single or Multiplayer) by Element

Wow! This looks awesome!

Will try a.s.a.p.

Thanks Element!!

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 12:07 AM, irish_luck said:

Any way we could get persistence for the strike missions between sessions? love the mission, keep it up!

at the moment i do not have any plans on adding persistence to this mission but im sure it can easily be done with https://github.com/thebgpikester 

Coming Soon...

I'm loving this mission so far!

I have a few questions / issues that would be great if I could get an answer to.

I primarily fly the Mi-8, and the frequencies you've given for ADF aren't compatible with the ARK-9 or ARK-UD radios in the Hip. Would there be a way you could get LZs to emit frequencies which are compatible with the Mi-8? The ARK-9 can work with 150-1290 KHz, and the ARK-UD can work with 6 preset VHF channels and a single UHF/AM channel (243.00).

Also, I've done a couple of troop transport missions where the LZ has been hot enough that I've had to fly around for a little bit until I could land, by which time the smoke has stopped. Is there a way to get the LZ to pop smoke again on command?

It would also be great if players could terminate their current task. In my last play-through, the aforemetioned smoke issue meant I couldn't find the LZ to land at it, and after half an hour of landing in various spots within a km or two of the rough area, I gave up and RTB'ed, but couldn't end the task.

• 4 months later...

Hi @ElementLT

When I try to load troops from my starting position, it says I'm not in a pickup zone. Could it be that there's something wrong with the CTLD functionality in your mission? Or, if intended, where can I find these pickup zones?

Although slightly to difficult for me, with all the armored enemy vehicles around*, I still love this mission!

*I pretty much only fly the Hip and Huey, which aren't really washed up against enemy armor

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 5/14/2021 at 9:25 AM, sirrah said:

Hi @ElementLT

When I try to load troops from my starting position, it says I'm not in a pickup zone. Could it be that there's something wrong with the CTLD functionality in your mission? Or, if intended, where can I find these pickup zones?

Although slightly to difficult for me, with all the armored enemy vehicles around*, I still love this mission!

*I pretty much only fly the Hip and Huey, which aren't really washed up against enemy armor

Apologies for the late response - just now seeing your message.  Loading and unloading of troops are done automatically if the assignment calls for it. at the current setup you can not manually load your own troops.  

Edited by ElementLT
Coming Soon...

• 2 weeks later...

hey flew with the hind in your mission. looks like it is not triggering the random units

if i fl with the mi-8 or huey i have random btr´s on the map

i also can not do troop pickups with the hind

Edited by 1stBEAST
more info

On 6/28/2021 at 7:02 AM, 1stBEAST said:

hey flew with the hind in your mission. looks like it is not triggering the random units

if i fl with the mi-8 or huey i have random btr´s on the map

i also can not do troop pickups with the hind

My experience has been that those random units are only triggered during transport tasks, not during assault tasks, no matter what you're flying.

• 2 months later...

Hi @ElementLT,

first of all i really want to thank you for this great Mission. I still have the Problem that CSAR does not work- it says it generates a new task - and then its over - even if i try to take another mission it tells me that i am already assigned to a mission. 

Any Help?

Thanks in advance 😉  

On 9/4/2021 at 6:34 PM, CYPHER11 said:

I still have the Problem that CSAR does not work- it says it generates a new task - and then its over - even if i try to take another mission it tells me that i am already assigned to a mission. 

Have this problem as well. All other missions seem to work though.

Still a very cool mission though, thanks @ElementLT

Edited by trashcan

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Guys can anybody explain how these stats work and how they show up? (it is a LUA inside the .miz file)
Does it need to be exported to a website because on my F-10 menu (in game) i have the * basic stats & * kill stats

@ElementLT ??

image.png

Edited by Spanker79

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

• 2 months later...