LD-10 emitter prioritization/targeting?

J20Stronk

Is there any way to tell the LD-10 to prioritize certain emitters or emitter types?

As it is right now, they seem to favor SHORAD and Search Radars, even when the SPI (if using ACT mode) is much closer to your intended, active emitter.

Sometimes they will even engage different emitters than the one that has you locked if you are using SP mode. ie. it'll engage the Tunguska 1/2 a mile away from the SA-8 that is actively painting and firing at me. Other times in PAS, they will literally do 180°s and hit your friendly Hawk sites and other SHORADs than where you sent it.

Is there some mode or prep settings you guys have yet to implement that will let us target specific emitters in the future, or is this thing just a Hail Mary, pray-it-hits-what-you-want type of weapon?

Edited by J20Stronk

if there is a ship a bit far LD-10 will go to the ship . well they talked about self protect mode that will launch the missile the moment your SPJ detect launch i dont know if they did it or not 
but for LD-10 in general i wish there is a way its a bit annoying that i dont tell him which target to hit 

Edited by Chiron

50 minutes ago, L0op8ack said:

in SP mode, you should check which main threat is in the HSD page(in lock/launch state, red and flashing),

LD-10 in SP mode will try to search the main threat signal first, if not possible, it will go mad, and lock random signal.

yes but sometimes LD-10 go with the higher radar signal which can be far and leaving the close Sam site cuz its not emitting stronger signal than a ship for example

1 hour ago, L0op8ack said:

in SP mode, you should check which main threat is in the HSD page(in lock/launch state, red and flashing),

LD-10 in SP mode will try to search the main threat signal first, if not possible, it will go mad, and lock random signal.

So, is there anything in the way of targeting a specific emitter or type of emitter? These seem hit or miss when you lob them at long range radars with SHORADs as they seem to favor the SHORADs even if the more powerful long range radars are scanning or painting.

I don't know if the real thing has some sort of accurate targeting mode for it like the F-18 HARM display or F-16 HAS page, but I imagine IRL the JF-17 doesn't just leave it up to chance when it comes to performing the important role of S/D-EAD

in HAS, pilot can manually specify which kind of siginal at which az range, it's a filter with mannual input, it will be more accurate, and more certain which target the missile will attack.

threat priority is not range related, it cares more signal type(search/lock/launch etc) and signal strenghth(based on known signal database from DTC).

when missile is approaching to the target zone with many emmiters, priority of each emmiter may change/signal may disppear(dead or between search interval),

missile will re-select target based on threat priority.

So it's very dynamic and complext, but the rule is very simple: the strongest signal and/or high risk target have the higher priority.

5 hours ago, L0op8ack said:

in HAS, pilot can manually specify which kind of siginal at which az range, it's a filter with mannual input, it will be more accurate, and more certain which target the missile will attack.

threat priority is not range related, it cares more signal type(search/lock/launch etc) and signal strenghth(based on known signal database from DTC).

when missile is approaching to the target zone with many emmiters, priority of each emmiter may change/signal may disppear(dead or between search interval),

missile will re-select target based on threat priority.

So it's very dynamic and complext, but the rule is very simple: the strongest signal and/or high risk target have the higher priority.

thx for the respond ... can u explain what is HAS 

6 hours ago, L0op8ack said:

Are you referring to the Viper HAS mode or does this mean that the JF-17 will also have a similar mode?