VR poor performance

Coxy_99

Where to begin...... How poor is DCS with VR having tried the rift-s (Thinking its a headset problem, To a motherboard CPU AND 2080TI just to run DCS in VR. So i brought the quest 2, My conclusion, The stutters are not as bad BUT are there and noticeable, Its enjoyable at first then the stutters make the whole experience absolute dog *****, I then turned down my settings to VR in game options un checked V-sync, To really no surprise barely some change, To make sure its not the headset, I tried various other games i had issues with the rift-s, The quest 2 to with link cable no such problems. So what gives to the poor performance of DCS in VR?

Asus maximums formula motherboard

I7-10700k @3.8
32GB ram

EVGA 2080TI

Quest 2 with link (The cable was not cheap making sure i got one that runs fast data bla bla bla)

And dont want the well my VR runs just fine........ I want to know why DCS runs so poor to pointless trying.

Tried any of the half dozen optimizations?

What is PD set to?... under VR tab

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Yep flat shadows to off everything bare, DCS is poor at the best of times with optimisation but even with a NASA built PC its bad, My next step is a 3080TI?? Im out of ideas for this sim really poor optimised maps, Loss of frames, Stutters. Trackir is fine expect in the new maps for some reason Causcuas is the only map to be normal.

PD 1.6 i think.

Edited by Coxy_99

Its all to do with how DCS utilises the CPU. I does not use all cores as far as i am aware. I thought that being as you have been around as long as you have coxy you would know this? Its not your GPU thats for sure. Nore your memory. Higher CPU clock speeds definitely help

Get that clock speed up. And perhaps delete the contents of your fxo and metashaders folders. 

I run a older 7700k cpu with a 1080ti gpu. Tomorrow  i will post what settings im using. I only get a solid 40fps sometime higher but i get no stuttering what so ever. 

My BIOS settings for the motherboard control the CPUI power, So more intensive workload Highers the clock speed of the CPU, So idle around 3.7 in DCS it boosts it to around 4.7ghz. Heres a question instead of using the motherboard 3.1 USB, Plug it into the back of my graphics card is that the issue?

Edited by Coxy_99

31 minutes ago, Coxy_99 said:

Yep flat shadows to off everything bare, DCS is poor at the best of times with optimisation but even with a NASA built PC its bad, My next step is a 3080TI?? Im out of ideas for this sim really poor optimised maps, Loss of frames, Stutters. Trackir is fine expect in the new maps for some reason Causcuas is the only map to be normal.

PD 1.6 i think.

Your making a statement as fact (dcs vr is to blame) when in fact its YOUR particular setup. The FACT is on a lesser system i have NO stutter, NO (visible) frame loss that effects my pleasure in multiplayer. Sorry you have issues and you may perhaps never find a solution but its not the norm.

• Thanks 2

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

6 minutes ago, CobaltUK said:

Your making a statement as fact (dcs vr is to blame) when in fact its YOUR particular setup. The FACT is on a lesser system i have NO stutter, NO (visible) frame loss that effects my pleasure in multiplayer. Sorry you have issues and you may perhaps never find a solution but its not the norm.

Must be setup then clearly.

I would try cutting the resolution down as far as you can go.  High resolutions like those in VR headsets require a lot of VRAM.  My 1080Ti has 11GB, and I am finding that 1440x900 is optimal if I want max quality settings.  Just watching a video on the G2, there's three places to set resolution, General, Video Application Settings, and Windows Mixed Reality.  I would crank them all down to the lowest and make sure they match.  Then I would work my way up form there.

6 hours ago, Coxy_99 said:

PD 1.6 i think.

Yikes 1.6

I would recommend starting at 1.0, empty shaders folders mentioned. Also make sure your Steam Graphics setting isn't also too high.

5 hours ago, Tricky11 said:

your graphics card got a usb socket?

Curious: Is this a benefit?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Coxy, stutters may be caused by many different things, not necessarily your graphic settings. Can you please attach the following?

1. dcs.log ( C:\Users\your-name\Szved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log )
  2. dxdiag.log (here's how to make one)
  3. launch "cmd", paste the folowing command line, hit enter, and copy-paste the result:
    wmic pagefile list /format:list

The result of step 3 should look a bit like this:

image.png

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Ok quick update i followed BN's settings for the reverb, Im maxing at 65fps high in the f18 in syria and average of 38fps low level in syria, Highest top out at 70 fps and lowest at 35fps. Not sure where im ment to grab the rest of the fps? Ill be honest i never found much in the pagefile stuff, Im going to try the hot plug thing and see what results i come back with.

Keep in mind Syria for the time being is the second least optimized and hardware-hungry map after the Channel one, so it's going to cause performance issues here and there even on strong configs.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

30 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Keep in mind Syria for the time being is the second least optimized and hardware-hungry map after the Channel one, so it's going to cause performance issues here and there even on strong configs.

True syria is but same result in Normandy however i did plug directly into my graphic card this also helped maybe? I disabled auto hotplug it boosted fps from 35 to 50 low level i still cant get past 65fps tho vsync etc is all off.

16 hours ago, Mr. Big.Biggs said:

Dude, where you been? The FACT is Dcs in VR is a compromise at best. Only people having stutter free crystal clear high resolution are liars. (In VR)
Yes it runs better on some systems than others and it requires tweaking. It can be managed but it’s never perfect.  You’re happy with your setup and he’s not and asked for help. Clearly there is also a language barrier in his post as well. Why do YOU have TO be SUCH a prick?? 

You don`t read very well do you ? Your lucky we are not in the same room.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

• ED Team

Some points. 

My Reverb G2 settings are what I use on my machine to get maximum performance / FPS out of DCS. It may not suit everyone. 

Everyone's machine is different, Hardware, software, settings, config, what works for some may not work for others, you see where I am going with this. 

Yes it is trial and error to find the right settings, and it can be a pain. 

If you are seeing stutter it is usually a setting, antivirus or a config, or even a hardware issue.

I and many others fly without stutter in DCS. Finding the reason for a persons stutter can be a nightmare, I have helped many users over the years and have also failed. 

Please keep it constructive and respectful when posting .

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ive used your settings to give me some idea baseline to work from, Its ok but looks like mine craft at best. I have one setting in mahage 3D settings, Monitor Technology is my options of use global setting (G-SYNC) GYSNC and finally Fixed refresh.

Edited by Coxy_99

1 hour ago, CobaltUK said:

You don`t read very well do you ? Your lucky we are not in the same room.

Not even the same country amigo....

What would you do, alt F10 me

Or hit me with your flute....

sorry Bignewy, I’m out....

Edited by Mr. Big.Biggs

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.