DCS vs. H.A.W.X

zakobi

What do you think about these two games compared?

Information about HAWX is still pretty sketchy as far as I know.

HAWX - console game with 50 aircraft and fictional capabilities, fighting for points and money.

DCS - hyper-realistic simulation series focussing on one aircraft at a time.

. . . . . I can't really think of a lot of common ground!

HAWX I believe will be some sort of arcade flight shooter with eye-candy graphics. DCS in other hand is a hardcore combat flight simulator with not so outdated graphics but not so good as HAWX. Hard to compare these two products... They play in totally different league.

Simple HAWX console, game, fictional various things.

DCS: real sim

Also amount of developed planes in HAWX or any other game can proof that if more planes that game is more unrealistic.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

DCS = Simulation

HAWX = Game

Doesn't mean one or the other is better. It means they are completely different pieces of software. Besides that, as well as BF2 got a lot of people flying and playing LockOn, HAWX could attract a couple of people, too, who want to get more real.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

So much i know, should a good realisme be aviable in HAWX, but it might be the same as GRAW 2 (ghost recon advanced warfighter 2) with it's good realisme, but without loosing the fun a.k. action...

So much i know, should a good realisme be aviable in HAWX, but it might be the same as GRAW 2 (ghost recon advanced warfighter 2) with it's good realisme, but without loosing the fun a.k. action...
We must wait to release HAWX to judge. I think it will be much much less realistic comparing to DCS or even to LockOn. It must be playable on gamepads remember - there's no HOTAS on consoles AFAIK.

I'd hate to say it, and i don't want to insight a flame war.

But a console will never have the ability of a computer until a console becomes a computer.

Todays console technology is yesterdays computers ability.

Consoles have never AFAIK produced anything remotely resembling a correct simulation.

Consoles (are getting better) just don't have the peripherals available to them to enable realistic simulation.

Console programming is locked and does not allow for tweaking and extraction of information to secondary devices.

Therefore you are not able to make a pit and export the information to MFD's like you can in a computer.

Therefore, no matter what any console person says. A console will never ever be able to simulate in, not even in the ballpark area of what can be accomplished with a well programmed PC sim run on a PC

It is just not possible.

Also, i have seen the trailers for it and it looks crap

We must wait to release HAWX to judge. I think it will be much much less realistic comparing to DCS or even to LockOn. It must be playable on gamepads remember - there's no HOTAS on consoles AFAIK.

Well, the previews indicated that it felt very restricted in comparison with Ace Combat 6even (e.g. you can only evade a missile by moving in the direction indicated by arrows) so I think Lock On's position is not compromised :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Something noteble in the HAWX trailer is the missile evading, wich defently not(!!!) is realistic, but hey, as Poko24 sayed, we can't jugde the yet.

But when it's realesed, then... Muahahaha. To be, ehhh, well that crap they usual says at the end of some movies. (???)

I'd hate to say it, and i don't want to insight a flame war.

But a console will never have the ability of a computer until a console becomes a computer.

Todays console technology is yesterdays computers ability.

Consoles have never AFAIK produced anything remotely resembling a correct simulation.

Consoles (are getting better) just don't have the peripherals available to them to enable realistic simulation.

Console programming is locked and does not allow for tweaking and extraction of information to secondary devices.

Therefore you are not able to make a pit and export the information to MFD's like you can in a computer.

Therefore, no matter what any console person says. A console will never ever be able to simulate in, not even in the ballpark area of what can be accomplished with a well programmed PC sim run on a PC

It is just not possible.

Also, i have seen the trailers for it and it looks crap

I'd agree that the peripherals available for a console do rather limit it's usefulness as a true simulation rig at present - but it need not always be the case.

There was one console flightsim that had a limited edition version of the Saitek X45 produced to go with it. And if clickable cockpits start to take off, then the keyboard/mouse combination could perfectly well be replaced by some other form of controller.

On technology . . . . well I don't know about you, but my PC doesn't have a Blu-ray drive, an 8-core processor, gyroscopic controllers or HDMI output. In some respects consoles are well ahead of PC technology.

The graphics on my PS3 for GT5 blow anything my PC can do into the weeds.

So while a PC is the best choice for a simmer right now . . . it need not always be the case :)

The main difference between DCS and HAWX wont be the realism. It will be amount of time most of us will dedicate themselves to the later...mere seconds. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

HAWX looks like a piece of crap but did you guys hear about this : http://www.fighterops.com/ ?

Anyone whos been waiting for a realistic SIM knows about that one.

Very ambitious and good intentions but I will be an old man when it comes out, if ever.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

xbox360 controllers have a small querty keyboard (peripheral) that attaches to the main controller during online play to enable typed communication. I could see this being used for a sim like lock-on (survey-sim-style fidelity) quite easily. Sticks for view pitch and roll control. Triggers for thrust and yaw. The rest of the buttons on the controller and the keyboard could be used for everything else.

after that film you maked a link to, i can see what you say.

HAWX= Action>Realisme

DCS = Realisme>Action

Not to say DCS would be boring, just that DCS would be for the people who like to fly the aircrafts, where HAWX would be for them who liked the (unrealistic) action in a dog fight.