Thrustmaster Warthog / TARGET issue?

Sedlo

OK, brand new Warthog throttle owner here.... I have no idea what's going on, but I find myself in the situation below.

I bought a Thrustmaster throttle a week ago.  Works great out of the box, but I wanted to make some of the switches do certain things, so I set up some profiles in TARGET, and got things working well..

For example, in the Viper, I created a Viper profile that used the EAC Arm/Off switch to act as my landing gear up and down.  Bingo, it worked fine, and every other function of the throttle worked fine, too.

Today I loaded up DCS and Target, ran my Viper profile and.......

Every other function that each throttle button/switch that I did not add an event to in TARGET does not work in DCS. (zoom lever, boat switch, mic switch).

So right now, when I run the profile, my custom EAC Arm/Off works for the landing gear, no problem.  But everything else that's bound to the throttle does not work.

Once I stop running the TARGET profile, the regular DCS functions are enabled on the throttle (zoom, boat swtich, etc).  But of course, the custom switch functions don't work.

Any help?  I don't understand why it was working before, and all of the sudden it's not.  It's the latest Open Beta, I haven't changed anything from the other day when it was working before.

Edited by Sedlo

When you use the target software, the Hotas is combined into one device.

As such DCSW will see this as new/other hardware, and use preset defaults as always.

Due to certain limitations with DInput, you will not be able to use every button as defined by Microsoft due to there being to many DInput buttons for the API to handle.

You may require some of the Hotas buttons to be keyboard inputs used by target instead.

As for the zoom slider, re-check the Axes panel in DCSW with the combined Hotas active via Target program.

If you run the Hotas without Target, each device is separate and as such will not exceed max DInput button cfg , requiring it's own configuration not related to the combined Target Hotas.

As such you may find 3 Configuration files (throttle,stick,combined) and they are not interchangeable.

Be aware, there can be a slight problem with initialization at times which can lead to having all 3 active in DCSW.

The solution is to simply disable/enable the combined profile and have DCSW re-detect, however this has been a very rare experience.

Edited by Avernus
catn speel

There's a dedicated Thrustmaster subforum here:

Link: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/336-thrustmaster/

Extra:

3 hours ago, Avernus said:

Due to certain limitations with DInput, you will not be able to use every button as defined by Microsoft due to there being to many DInput buttons for the API to handle.

There's a 128DX button hack for use with Target profiles which gives you 120 DX buttons instead of the normal 32 on a combined device.

Link: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/144048-hack-for-tm-warthog-with-120-programmable-dx-buttons

Works great!!

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Well I may have something similair. I just got an new PC and decided to give DCS a try out. However using TARGET profile I can not assign any axis. Buttons fine but not axis. When I disable TARGET and get separate joystick an throttle categories, same thing. Can't assign axis. Buttons again work fine.

Never mind operator error.

Edited by RedeyeStorm

Do the axis work in the TARGET device analyzer (without running a profile)?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

👍