[ALREADY REPORTED]Sling load cargoes on Mi-8 dont affect its flight performance, like they all were 0kg [2.5.6.58125 OB]

Dyk

Version: 2.5.6.58125 (OB)
I think it is a bug introduced in OB. Any cargo i take for sling load with Mi-8 has no impact on helicopter performance. No need for more collective for liftoff, even with 4000kg. Tried out several cargo types (ammo crates, long wood, long tubes), changed weights, bug still present. It is also present in MP.

I think it is only with Mi-8, taking 4000kg with UH-1H "anchors" it to the ground properly.

This is my first attempt for serious bug report, I am sry if it is already reported or misplaced.

• Like 2

My skins on DCS User Files, Enjoy!

FC3, Mi-8, UH-1, CA, L-39, AV-8B, F-14

I agree. I've just compared stable (2.5.6.55960) with latest open beta (2.5.6.58125). In OB, the 4000 kg cargo felt as light as a feather.

Here are two tracks and a video.

(1st part = usual behavior / 2nd part = current OB behavior)

Mi-8_lifts_4000kg_stable.trk Mi-8_lifts_4000kg_openbeta.trk

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [ALREADY REPORTED]Sling load cargoes on Mi-8 dont affect its flight performance, like they all were 0kg [2.5.6.58125 OB]
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
14 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

Hello, could I ask you for a original bug topic? I can´t find it anywhere. Thank you

Sorry I am not sure, but we already have this reported internally. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

This is still broken in DCS 2.5.6.61527.1 Open Beta

Are you guys aware, that for several months you have been selling broken campaigns that are unplayable because of this bug?

On 12/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all

this is already reported,

thank you

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

Yes, please guys fix this ASAP !

External load operation is like 60% of my flight time in your sim and all is broken again. It has been broken and fixed several times before, would be nice if it could be fixed ( and improved ) once for all and never broke again

Thank you 😉

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

This bug needs to be bumped up the priority list.

I play on a server (DDCS) that utilizes the slinging mechanic on a massive scale.  We effectively sling 1,000s of moveable ground units per campaign and this bug has effectively reduced the amount of slingers on our server due to the crate mechanics for the MI-8 being negatively impacted by this bug.  This has effectively turned off many new players to slinging as it has become excruciatingly difficult to sling crates (ISO containers) without damaging them.  I understand slinging is supposed to be challenging, but coupled with player time constraints to invest in managing a massive ground as well as air campaign people are becoming more disinterested in slinging which is detracting from the overall dynamic campaign experience we are able to offer with our server.  Please bump this bug to the top of the list and place a higher priority on it's resolution.

Thank you

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

This is really a no go as many paid campaigns are partly impossible to play through.

We are waiting since DEC 2020 - We need a fix and we need it fast!

• Like 7

5800X3D // RTX 4090 // 64GB DDR4 CL18 RAM // MSI B550 Mortar // Reverb G2 // Warthog HOTAS // MFG Crosswind

What to do to make it UPed directly to developpers ?

Not sure they are even aware of this as frequent updates brings tons of new stuff and fixes but always neglect that, @BIGNEWY, could you please check and put that on the N°1 priority of the rotorhead community ? That would be great !

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 5/13/2021 at 2:24 PM, Sajarov said:

They will fix it with the Hind early release...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Sure, confirmed ?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Sorry I am not sure, but we already have this reported internally. 

thanks

Any update on this game breaking bug? It's been around for over 6 months.

• Like 1

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

• ED Team

We have a problem that needs to be overcome before this can be fixed. It is high priority.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb BIGNEWY:

We have a problem that needs to be overcome before this can be fixed. It is high priority.

That is nice to hear.

Unfortunately, I have the impression that the old models are very neglected. The flow of information is thin and the small bugs are often completely ignored for months.

I actually assume that the modules will continue to be maintained and that minor bugs will be eliminated promptly. I would also like to pay money for major innovations or extensions. I'm sure other enthusiasts feel the same way.

• Like 2

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

• ED Team
58 minutes ago, Crash * said:

That is nice to hear.

Unfortunately, I have the impression that the old models are very neglected. The flow of information is thin and the small bugs are often completely ignored for months.

I actually assume that the modules will continue to be maintained and that minor bugs will be eliminated promptly. I would also like to pay money for major innovations or extensions. I'm sure other enthusiasts feel the same way.

Appreciate and understand you feel that way, check out my post history, I spend a lot of time reporting and replying to issues here in the forum, once an issue is reported time and resources have to be made for fixes, in an ideal world it would be simple, but its not that simple and sometimes bugs require a lot of work. I have asked the team for a progress up date, if I get any thing I will post here. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We appreciate your helpful and comprehensive attitude BIGNEWY, I definitely understand bugs can be much more tedious to cope than it sounds..

Still I'm curious what have caused this feature to break, especially only on the Mi-8 ( and now Mi-24 ), as the Huey is still fine.

Of course if it was the F-18 A2A radar or TGP that would be broken, it would be fixed in two weeks due to the customer base pressure....

unfortunately us rotorheads are a minority.

Hope the older fleet won't be forgotten ( Huey and Mi-8 ) in the advantage of Blackshark 3, Apache and other killing machines.

DCS has proven to be an excellent platform for anything that flies, civilian ops included.

But for some reasons, blowing things up got the mass up and running, and that's what sells most !

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]