DCS Campaign Builder Help

I am delving into the campaign builder but I cannot for the life of me get it to run right.

I go into mission builder/editor, I create missions, I add them into the builder, but that's as far as it gets.

I save the campaign, but when I try to test or run it, I cannot find the campaign I made and if I do, it does not run.

Is there a tutorial to guide one in making their own missions to include multiplayer?

I am NOT talking about the liberation generator.... I am talking about the campaign builder in the DCS Mission Editor.

I just want to build a campaign where you do 1 mission, end and the next one starts....

Any help is appreciated.

Elwood

Edited by Elwood_Blues

You'll need to add scoring events to your missions to progress the campaign. Set a flag on when an important event occurs, then assign it a point value in the Mission Goals menu, which can be accessed from the Mission Editor.

A score of 49 or less will cause the campaign to step backward one mission in the progression.

A score of 50 will cause the mission to be repeated

A score of 51 or higher will cause the campaign to advance to the next mission. 👍

Edited by feefifofum
  • Like 2

Easy way to achieve this is to have each mission in it's own stage.  You need some kind of victory Mission goal.  An easy one to use is Unit Alive.  You can literally launch into the mission, press ESC, and win.

Campaign Builder.PNG

mission goals.PNG

Edited by glide
spelling

UPDATE - 

With the pointers/help from above, I got it to work. 

I tagged it with a radio menu button so when you complete the objective, instead of it quitting and moving on to the next one, (since I made it for Coop/multiplayer) you can actually land on the carrier or RTB, select the menu button "End Mission" and THEN move on....works like a charm....

Thanx to all!!

E

Edited by Elwood_Blues

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:12 PM, Elwood_Blues said:

UPDATE - 

With the pointers/help from above, I got it to work. 

I tagged it with a radio menu button so when you complete the objective, instead of it quitting and moving on to the next one, (since I made it for Coop/multiplayer) you can actually land on the carrier or RTB, select the menu button "End Mission" and THEN move on....works like a charm....

Thanx to all!!

E

Hi Elwood_Blues and glide, thanks for sharing the insights!

First of all - I am by no means an experienced mission builder. Just learning the ropes with Mission Editor and experimenting with Combined Arms package.

And I am kind of struggling along the similar route and have a couple of special questions for you and community:

1) How did you set up the radio button? Is it in the cockpit controls section of the editor or via some kind of scripting?

2) Did you ever have a problem with the scores higher than 100? For example, if mission goals add up to the number higher than 100. This can happen in complex random missions where more/less groups spawn from time to time and Player scores more hits.

I have this strange issue that by successfully completing my experimental mission based on edited default Georgian Oil War campaign with a high score > 100 I am presented with the same mission again and again. Any tips will be much appreciated!

Perhaps I did not get it right or missing something and any tips will be much welcomed.

and last but not least...

3) Which server are you flying on gents? Would be happy to join you one day.

• 1 month later...

Hello WFox,

You are working in the trigger menu and the radio button is in the drop downs.

Have not had a problem with scores over 100, none noticed anyways. Shouldn't be an issue since as long as it meets the criteria.

I have been enjoying a Korean War server...F-86 no missles and hueys for pilot rescue.

Other than that..just fly on missions I have made with the fellas (BSS214.com  Blacksheep)

I usually am on around 8ish EST for gaming and such.

You can jump on our TS if you want ts30.bargainvoice.com:7622

or Discord....https://discord.gg/9pF8x7K9

Or we can talk mission building too...LOL

Till then

Elwood

thanks for the tips, Elwood_Blues!  

Although I am in Europe, will try to join you guys online. 

BTW, just tried to sign up and BSS214 site tells me that I have to register first, but I can not find out how. Pls, check - would love to join your squad.