Huey Radio's Problems

Menessis

I'm finding that I cant get VHF 119.55 (in this case) radio in the Huey working.  While trying to get the radio turned on it seems like it's on but when I press the Test button I don't get any squelch.  I turned it on and off a bunch of times and then It started working.

A few buddies seem to have the same problem.  So what gives?

Thanks

Menessis

Edited by Menessis

• 4 weeks later...

Central control panel: Make sure that you have the rotary radio TX selector positioned to  '3' for VHF AM radio. There is also a master radio volume control alongside it  ^   Just above that is the audio cut-out switches... make sure they are in the up position for the radio you want to recieve (RX) (all up is good for starters). 

Edited by IJammer
edit text

• 2 years later...

Guys, what is that COMM TEST button on VHF radio supposed to do anyway? I press it when out of tune - nothing, in tune - nothing. Manual - nothing (except there is a binding for it). I can use that radio to contact the tower, so I guess I here something through it. But what does the TEST button do?

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube