F/A-18C, Valve Index + RTX 3080, Caucasus and Persian Gulf + SC, video with fpsVR

StarLightPL

I've recently received my 3080, so naturally I did some testing on how far I can push VR DCS wrt to settings. The results are very promising but mixed. It seems that another planes (even stationary ones, like on the Caucasus free flight mission, stationed at Senakhi-Kolki) can tank the fps regardless of hardware used. There are other strange drops in really strange places, like for example when flying upside down, or looking to the floor of the jet at the stick's base (inconsistent). What's more interesting it turns out that the thing tanking frames on the supercarrier isn't the supercarrier itself, but the models on it, which you can see later in the video.

Here you can find a recording of my flight with fpsVR graph at the bottom. Video contains both the Caucasus and the Persian Gulf maps, on the later I'm launching from Supercarrier. The audio is in Polish - it is a recording of a twitch stream I did for my friends playing DCS. You can ignore it, although a follow would be much appreciated, thanks! 🙂 The important part is that you can see the fps, the CPU and GPU usage and frametimes.

I was using Speed of Heat's conversion of Kegetys shader mod, IC - compatible. No other mods. System specs for this video:

• i7-9700k @ stock on a z390 Aorus Elite board
  • 32GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB RAM 3200 MHz @ 3600
  • GeForce RTX 3080 MSI Gaming X Trio
  • Valve Index VR headset

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by StarLightPL

• StarLightPL changed the title to F/A-18C, Valve Index + RTX 3080, Caucasus and Persian Gulf + SC, video with fpsVR