F-14 Supercarrier compatibility

Reflected

I recorded a few Case I landings.

This video shows many compatibility issues between the Supercarrier and the F-14A:

- I'm getting constant "little slow" calls when on speed.

- The IFLOLS overlay doesn't match the carrier's IFLOLS. The overlay shows a higher ball, and leads to a 1 or 2 wire.

- The LSO grading seems off too, I'm getting a lot of EGIW, EGTL, and TMRDAR, probably because it's still calibrated for the Hornet?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

On 12/14/2020 at 11:50 AM, Reflected said:

I'm getting constant "little slow" calls when on speed.

I have that as well, both with the F-14A and F-14B: I always have "SLOX" as my landing grade.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread, I'm tired of getting slow calls and grades when I'm on speed with the F-14 as well as as incorrect IFLOS.

I have the feeling the SC module doesn't get the love it deserves from the devs at the moment...

• 3 months later...

Hello folks,

So I hoped the new update would fix some of the F-14 LSO bugs, but I can confirm this is not the case:

- F-14A: Once hooked onto the catapult shuttle, deck crew gives signal to raise the launch bar, same as with the F-18. This signal should not be given.

- LSO still not correctly calibrated and constantly advise you as being slow when on AOA, for both A and B.

- IFLOS not calibrated for the F-14A and B, still showing a ball that's too low and will grant you a 1 or 2 wire even if perfectly centered and not sinking.

• Like 7

Yupp -same here. 

Plus : in Multiplay Jester call "Bolter" everytime, even when you catch the wire. 

Well - It could be possible, that some adjustments must be done by the HeatBlur team.  Secondo me, all that things are not a showstopper but it would be nice if these are fixed at some day. Same as the crew animation while take off. That deck crew member who is using a rod into the launch system, is diving into the Tomcat shape when he stands up.

Cheers and cari saluti,

Tom 

• Like 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

On 4/15/2021 at 11:54 AM, Cocker said:

Hello folks,

So I hoped the new update would fix some of the F-14 LSO bugs, but I can confirm this is not the case:

- F-14A: Once hooked onto the catapult shuttle, deck crew gives signal to raise the launch bar, same as with the F-18. This signal should not be given.

- LSO still not correctly calibrated and constantly advise you as being slow when on AOA, for both A and B.

- IFLOS not calibrated for the F-14A and B, still showing a ball that's too low and will grant you a 1 or 2 wire even if perfectly centered and not sinking.

Just to hijack this and get my pet peeve off my chest:

It's not technically calibrated wrong. It's just calibrated for the wrong aircraft (F/A-18C). It's outrageous that we still don't have the most basic tools that an LSO needs to actually do his job properly and you are rightly pointing this out. ED needs to get crackin' on this, they were paid money upfront and so far they have barely delivered the minimum. In the last patch, they have even broken that. It's last year's carrier experience all over again.

Edited by Slant
  • Like 5

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

6 minutes ago, Slant said:

ED needs to get crackin' on this, they were paid money upfront and so far they have barely delivered the minimum. In the last patch, they have even broken that. It's last year's carrier experience all over again.

Dont worry we will get amazing ready room instead, so you will be able to complain about what matters most behind the boat (ball and correct LSO calls) in there.

Bump.

It's a relief to hear it's not my flying, as I was starting to get a bit curious why I was always getting "you're slow" calls from the LSO, and "bolter" calls from Jester. I have a hunch the bolter calls has to do with Heatblur's tailhook logic clashing with Supercarrier's logic.

These issues don't affect me on the Vanilla carrier. 

@BIGNEWY have those been reported to the team?

Sorry to push, folks, but seing there is reply from community manager to some issues with the trousers camouflage of some guys on the deck, but not about important functionality is somewhat off-putting.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

I keep wanting to get the Tomcat, and then I keep reading about these bugs with the supercarrier and I decide I'll wait till they're fixed.  I mean, based on these complaints the free A-4E now works more smoothly with the SC than the Tomcat, so I'll fly that for my 70s carrier aircraft fix for now...

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

I keep wanting to get the Tomcat, and then I keep reading about these bugs with the supercarrier and I decide I'll wait till they're fixed.  I mean, based on these complaints the free A-4E now works more smoothly with the SC than the Tomcat, so I'll fly that for my 70s carrier aircraft fix for now...

Well by that logic, every issue that exists for the F-14 also exists for the A-4. It's an issue of ED failing to account for other aircraft rather than an issue with the aircraft themselves. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, near_blind said:

Well by that logic, every issue that exists for the F-14 also exists for the A-4. It's an issue of ED failing to account for other aircraft rather than an issue with the aircraft themselves. 

I agree with that and believe me I'd love to see it fixed for all aircraft.  But I think there must be less of a size / geometry difference for the Skyhawk, because when I can (very occasionally) managed a stable pass with a centered ball, it results in a 3 wire and a decent grade. 

At this point I've stopped flying the ball and fly off of a deck image to snag my wires, which is very bad practice in real life and shouldn't even net you a 3 wire anyway. This needs to be prioritized over all else, and is why I've largely stopped flying the Hornet and Tomcat since shortly after SC release. 

You can fly the ball, just keep it in the upper half of the glide scope. Still a good practice to keep a steady ball.

But yeah, apparently ED is only willing to provide assistance for the F-18 and don't give a damn about anything from other 3rd parties devs...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...