F-14 Supercarrier compatibility

Reflected

14 hours ago, sLYFa said:

Well they did it right for the B so there is still hope... 

Yes and no. They sorted the "launch bar up" issue for the B, but the IFLOS has never been calibrated for it, and the LSO keeps giving you the "you're slow' when you're dead on speed, even on-speed/fast.

So I'm using the free trial period with the SC and the F-14 (that I own). 

Noticed the exact same issues, couldn't figure out why the hell I was getting bolters and 1-wires. Then I noticed you have to fly the ball higher. 

I feel sorry for the people that paid for it, it's still very raw and I'm happy I held back. The IFLOLS being calibrated for only one aircraft type is ridiculous for a standalone module of a carrier. 

This is not "Super Carrier F-18"...

The Forrestal from HB can't come soon enough!

Edited by bkthunder
  • Like 1

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

5 hours ago, bkthunder said:

This is not "Super Carrier F-18"...

No, its Supercarrier EA, so we have to account for that, but as I said before why are they focusing on ready room, hangar, and whatever else and not for what actually matters for flying like the mentioned ball is beyond me.

• Like 1

If you are either boltering or catching the one wire the ball is not the problem. The FLOLS is indeed slightly off (bit too low for the Tomcat) but the effect is sometimes catching the two wire instead of the three wire with a centered ball. 

This whole "FLOLS is wrong" thing is getting blown out of proportion and I get the feeling that people who feel that way need more stick and less forum time. 

• Like 1

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

On 6/25/2021 at 12:50 AM, Golo said:

No, its Supercarrier EA, so we have to account for that, but as I said before why are they focusing on ready room, hangar, and whatever else and not for what actually matters for flying like the mentioned ball is beyond me.

There hasn't been any transparency on whether the Tomcat will see full integration with proper LSO corrections and IFLOLS adjustment, so "it's still EA" doesn't exactly answer anything.

7 hours ago, sLYFa said:

If you are either boltering or catching the one wire the ball is not the problem. The FLOLS is indeed slightly off (bit too low for the Tomcat) but the effect is sometimes catching the two wire instead of the three wire with a centered ball. 

This whole "FLOLS is wrong" thing is getting blown out of proportion and I get the feeling that people who feel that way need more stick and less forum time. 

Wow...

Now i want to bump this.

I can land the hornet on the deck without issues following the AOA indicator, whether or not I hit the 1st line or the 4th line is another story, but in general i feel the AOA is correct.

This definitely explains why I have been having so much headache trying to land the tomcat on the deck purely " following the ball ", I literrally follow the ball the whole way in and meet the back of the ship or manage to push enough power in the last 300m to " clip " the first set of lines if im lucky.

How much higher should I be, by the way? just run it in faster or literrally run it in higher than normal.

You should not be higher at all, again, the difference is minimal. If you fly a centered ball with correct AoA all the way down (fly the ball until touchdown not just until you are over the ramp) you will catch either the two or three wire. Thats not as easy as it sounds, especially with the new burble effect. If you barely escape a ramp strike the ball will be very low, no matter hornet or tomcat. Keep in mind that the burble pulls you down hard in the last few seconds, so use power/dlc to correct that. 

I needed quite some time to adjust to that, getting sucked below the glidepath then coming back up from below. This would always result in either a one wire or a bolter, since my glidepath became too shallow in the last few second, messing up the whole landing geometry (not the FLOLS fault). Its therefore critical to keep the ball centered all the time and not let it go up and down (i.e. cross the glidepath) 

Edited by sLYFa

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want to fix the launch bar up signal, go to: \CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\scripts and open the GroundCrew.lua. There, in line 28, change "    ['F-14A']   = "  to

"    ['F-14A-135-GR']   = "

You can also edit line 30 to "        wing_unfold_condition = {arg = 404,     value = 0.1, condition = '<'},"  ,this should make the ground crew recognize your wing fold state properly

• Like 5

On 8/5/2021 at 4:44 PM, sLYFa said:

If you want to fix the launch bar up signal, go to: \CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\scripts and open the GroundCrew.lua. There, in line 28, change "    ['F-14A']   = "  to

"    ['F-14A-135-GR']   = "

You can also edit line 30 to "        wing_unfold_condition = {arg = 404,     value = 0.1, condition = '<'},"  ,this should make the ground crew recognize your wing fold state properly

Thanks, I'll try it out!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For info.... Dedicated DSC server running 4 instances.  2-3 F14's spawning at the same time, 2 allocated spawn spots forward of tower on Starboard side constantly collide and explode.... Caucasus or Syria, SC with or without 'furniture' same result... since last update... additionally instances if Ai deck crew not responding to 'Launch' is up...  and 5/10 the launch bar is down on spawn... Probably time to move to the Forrestal for a while until the SC is sort of finished code wise...

SIGBLOCK.png

• 2 weeks later...

I just started flying the Hornet again, and everything works so much more smoothly.

The Hornet can taxi slow on the deck. The hookup animations are much smoother, the ball, the LSO and everything is calibrated for it. A much better experience than with the F-14. I really wish the SC weren't so 'hornet exclusive'.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
Am 15.4.2021 um 11:54 schrieb Cocker:

Hello folks,

So I hoped the new update would fix some of the F-14 LSO bugs, but I can confirm this is not the case:

- F-14A: Once hooked onto the catapult shuttle, deck crew gives signal to raise the launch bar, same as with the F-18. This signal should not be given.

- LSO still not correctly calibrated and constantly advise you as being slow when on AOA, for both A and B.

- IFLOS not calibrated for the F-14A and B, still showing a ball that's too low and will grant you a 1 or 2 wire even if perfectly centered and not sinking.

Bump....

because still no comment from the Devs about the F14 Supercarrier incompatability 

• Like 2