F-14 Supercarrier compatibility

Reflected

12 minutes ago, Schlomo1933 said:

answer from the devs cant be so difficult

Have you tried to PM the Devs? If not, I'd suggest trying that because coming here saying the same thing is insanity! I'm sure they will get to it amongst the laundry list of things that they have to implement and fix!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Am 5.8.2021 um 16:44 schrieb sLYFa:

If you want to fix the launch bar up signal, go to: \CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\scripts and open the GroundCrew.lua. There, in line 28, change "    ['F-14A']   = "  to

"    ['F-14A-135-GR']   = "

You can also edit line 30 to "        wing_unfold_condition = {arg = 404,     value = 0.1, condition = '<'},"  ,this should make the ground crew recognize your wing fold state properly

I just tried that and made a booboo. I accidentally deleted the original file, and with the changes DCS freezes on loading a mission with the Supercarrier module. Can you, or anyone else, please post the original, none-changed values so that I can change it back?

I suppose the "wing_unfold_condition" value before I changed it to 404 is the crux.

Update:

Got some great help in the customer support section. Got it fixed.

Edited by Jayhawk1971

17 hours ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

I just tried that and made a booboo. I accidentally deleted the original file, and with the changes DCS freezes on loading a mission with the Supercarrier module. Can you, or anyone else, please post the original, none-changed values so that I can change it back?

I suppose the "wing_unfold_condition" value before I changed it to 404 is the crux.

Update:

Got some great help in the customer support section. Got it fixed.

Here's both files, original and modded for F-14A

GroundCrew.lua GroundCrew_mod.lua

• Thanks 1

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

vor 3 Minuten schrieb sLYFa:

Here's both files, original and modded for F-14A

GroundCrew.lua 7 kB · 0 Downloads GroundCrew_mod.lua 7 kB · 1 Download

Thanks. I'll try with the mod later. And I have two copies of the original now, at a "safe house", just in case. 🙂 

In retrospect, I probably really just accidentally deleted the comma after the 7/404 value....the most common as well as most basic mistake when messing with any form of code. 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Looney Tunes Oops GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

On 2/13/2022 at 7:22 PM, Jayhawk1971 said:

Can you, or anyone else, please post the original, none-changed values so that I can change it back?

Use repair process in such case.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/#2463807

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

vor 2 Stunden schrieb draconus:

I wanted to avoid that, and in the end it worked out great, thanks to the help of some great, helpful simmers. It was a single .lua value I had to change back. Took all but 30 seconds.

Edited by Jayhawk1971

Is the meatball messed up in the non-supercarrier boats as well or do they work properly with the F-14? I might want to switch back to those or the Forrestal, but haven't used any of those since the SC came out. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 1 month later...

Is there any ETA for fixes on this? I took a break from DCS for a while but these bugs are still present as of yesterday - namely the ball being weird and the slow calls

• Like 2

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Is the meatball messed up in the non-supercarrier boats as well or do they work properly with the F-14? I might want to switch back to those or the Forrestal, but haven't used any of those since the SC came out. 
I am just now getting into the F-14. Is the ball correct on Forrestal, or do we need to fly it like in the Super Carrier?

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Gypsy 1-1 said:

Honestly I wouldn't expect this to be fixed anytime soon. If they can't even get around to fixing Hornet related issues and general bugs with the SC why would they care about a 3rd party Tomcat?

Sad, but par for the course I guess. 

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

SC took a major backseat to the rest of other ED stuff. Frankly, if the long promised new SC features don't bring along with it a massive list of bug fixes, I'll just keep using the Forrestal instead. We might need to send the guys some Ritalin to help with the Early Access ADD 😃

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...