Anyone getting decent performance with the G2 and a 1080ti

the_soupdragon

My G2 arrived today and I have been trying to set it up. 

Definately not as plug and play as my Oculus Rift S.  I have installed the plethera of programs I need to get it to run but I am gretting terrible performance in DCS.  I am using the same settings in DCS as I used for my Rift and I have even tried lowering them but I am experiencing really bad reprojection issues. So bad in fact that it is almost unplayable.  I am seriously considering going back to the Rift.

I am finding that although the gauges in the aircraft are nice and really crisp if I look outside teh cockpit it seems really fuzzy and out of focus.

If someone is getting decent performance and craphics with a 1080ti could yuo please share your settings.

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

could you start with telling us your system specs and settings in DCS and Steam VR ?   on the G2 you may need to try setting it closer to the physical resolution there have been several threads on this in this section,  but other than that on  a 1080ti you can try my settings below!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Check out this thread. 

And yes, I'm flying with a 1080Ti, 6700k@4.6.  From what I've determined, the CPU is holding me back more than the GPU.  BigNewy's thread got me started with settings and I turned them down a bit from there.  PD to 0.9 in game.

Edited by TonyG