Newbie and HP Reverb G2 STuttering

deissek

Hello guys,

i am new to VR and DCS. I have an I7 10700k, 32GB Ram and GTX 1080 TI and a new G2 now. I have tryed many setups. 100% 80% 60% 50%. i mostly have 60-80FPS on my Display on my PC Screen. I am using MSI AFterburner to show them.

Resolution in VR is 1.0 in DCS

But i have micro stutter every time. Its not possble to fly in low level. When i am looking to the site its like getting Sick.

Can anyone help?

Anyone have the same Specs?

MY GPU is PNY GTX 1080ti

THx

Have you tried with Motion Smoothing enabled?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

In reading these answers, I assume the stuttering mention is in game play.  What about stuttering and double images during loading a mission?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

10 hours ago, TWC_SLAG said:

In reading these answers, I assume the stuttering mention is in game play.  What about stuttering and double images during loading a mission?

That is normal for WMR devices.  Been like that for ever!  Would be nice to get a fix though.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I came from a Valve Index and experienced loads of problems getting things set up properly, not only in DCS but IL2  Sturmovik as well. With help from other members on this forum and experimenting I'm really happy with the G2 now.

As far as the stuttering looking sideways, make sure motion smoothing is on in Steam VR and WMR. I only had it on in Steam VR and it didn't work. To enable it in WMR to have to put your headset on in Steam VR Home. If you press the menu button on the right controller it brings up a settings menu. At the bottom of the menu on the left hand side is a round button with a smiley face. Press that to open the WMR settings. In there you can turn on motion smoothing. I didn't know that until someone on the forums pointed me in the right direction.

In Il2 I was getting an almost cross eyed, one dimensional view which was really annoying as nobody else seemed to be having problems. What cured it for me was whilst on the desktop, open WMR and go to settings at the bottom left of the portal. I went to Headset Display and instead of putting my own settings in, I let windows decide. I initially thought I was being smart by putting my own settings in - which were correct but that screwed IL2 up. Maybe it would mess with other titles as well. I've just built a new system and am still installing stuff but so far so good.

Win 11, 12900K, 32Gb RAM, MSI Gaming Trio X 3090,  Varjo Aero, TM Warthog, PointCtrl, ViaComPro, Tactile Inducers, Next Level Racing Motion Platform.

All good advice.  I'll just pick you up on a small point. You don't have to be in SteamVR Home.  I never run that.  You just need to press the system button on the right controller when SteamVR has loaded.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box