Switching to warbirds

Hello. I fly the F-16 with and old Saitek AV8R stick since hotas prices are crazy. Would a sink please flight stuck be adequate for the P-47?

Whats recommended to fly WW2 era missions in terms of map and asset packs?

My guarantee: if my first two bombs don't destroy you, the next one's free

F-16C | FC3 | Persian Gulf

The AV8R seems like it should work fine. I believe it has a twist rudder, which you'll need if you want to taxi and takeoff. Obviously, you don't need as many buttons as the F16.

You might try it out with the free P51-D in the Caucasus map before you buy more warbirds.

There are a good number of WW2 assets included for free, but the asset pack is really a great add on (flak guns!) and you can use them on all maps.

You can get the Normandy + WW2 Asset Bundle and save some money. Wait for it to go on sale.

I personally prefer the Normandy map because I'm most interested in the history there at the moment. 

However, the scenery in channel map is better and there are several historical places to build missions around.

Combined arms is also fun if you like driving the tanks and such, but I don't spend a lot of time doing that.

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

My old AV8R is frankly quite horrible, I bought it about 10 years to use for flying when I lived at two places at the same time. Of course, having already been spoiled with a Thrustmaster Cougar modded with über parts, well, it wasn't a great experience. A couple of years later I moved back full time to where I live now, forgot about the Saitek until a couple of years ago I started flying DCS Spitfire and wanted more analog axises to have trim on, and out came the AV8R. I still use it for trim, and some functions in the Viggen, but the normal stick axes spikes like mad on it. Maybe your stick is in better shape then mine, and if that's the case it should be flyable, but if you really want to get into flying, start saving for a better HOTAS and separate rudder pedals.