News and Announcements

Plexus

Dear pilots, we are happy to announce you big DCS: I-16 update!

It will include:
- heating physics (cylinder and oil heating and cooling were fixed)
- pilot and parachute shapes (we've created correct model for walking after flying)
- high speed level flight tweak (no need to handle stick and pedals to maintain it anymore)
- motor shutdown process (much faster now)
- oil radiator animation added on external model
- kneeboard enabled
- fuel meter scale increased
- gunsight and cockpit lighting tweak

Screen_201031_004124.png

Screen_201026_010346.png

Also, we are finishing main manual, learning missions - WIP. So, we are on the way to release.
Thank you for your patience!

Edited by Plexus
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Great news, I really missed having more contact with the developer of this beautiful and nice aircraft. I'm looking forward to having an operable kneeboard, as currently I have to use a Mod (by @Tempest ) .. please, if you can, enable the radio so we can contact ATC when landing 👍

Best regards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Awesome news!  I love flying this little bird! 

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Excellent, it is such a nice aircraft - one of a few with 100% rating on Steam!

Glad to know training missions are coming. Please add more Quickstart and Single missions as well, and a campaign!

Edited by troye

• BIGNEWY featured and pinned this topic

Great news .

This module felt very finished at release, but enhancements are always welcomed.

I think this module is underrated by the community - but I can highly recommend it.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• 3 weeks later...

The I-16 has the most beautifully artistic cockpit in DCS.    The listed updates you are providing will be very much appreciated!

Many thanks for the update Plexus .

There is already an Excellent English Cockpit Quartermaster created - Since you are doing an I-16 Update you can save a few hours by adding his MOD to the Update.

The I-16 is your Project so it is your choice. 

I-16 English Cockpit MOD created by Quartermaster!

(Very nice includes all labels and Knots Airspeed)

Type - ModAuthor - Quartermaster

Date - 19.09.2020 02:48

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312282/

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

In our next update, we have added drop tanks, which by as many as 186 liters expand Rata’s flight capabilities and number of mechanical levers and cables in the cab.

We also made some bug fixes and improvements to the cockpit textures.

Screen_210127_171100.png

Screen_210127_173650.png

Screen_210125_155734.png

Screen_210125_135748.png

We hope that our updates will finally be available in the next DCS update.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Hi Plexus - The updates you mention are exactly what I was hoping for when I purchased this most unique plane.  

Looking forward to the next patch....   Thanks for your update!

• Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

It's really amusing that this little bumble bee has drop tanks! Lol Thanks for the amazing work on the I-16 guys. Looking forward to future updates and announcements. 

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

• 2 months later...

The original I-16 propeller was already very well done.  An updated propeller using virtualization technology will just make the I-16 look even better.

Thanks Plexus!

• 7 months later...

Dear connoisseurs of the history of aviation and the virtual sky!

We have prepared for you a short report on the main work done on the project over the past year.

The results of this work will be available in a large release update.

I16_christmas_render_eng_11.png

An electrical system with power supplies and consumers has been implemented. The ability of the battery to charge and discharge was added.

We added an option to set an external ground power supply. From now it is necessary to use it for start-up, since the starter circuit is powered from an external source.

Manual starter’s running is also provided.

Along with the external battery, the installation of wheel chocks appeared, which is required to warm up the engine.

Screen_211221_222045.png

Physics and fuel mixture management have been improved. Now the mixture control lever is locked in the "normal" center position. The "forward" position is meant to impoverishes the mixture and the "backward" - to enriches. This became relevant after the adding of altitude corrector failure.

Thorough flight manual has been written, containing history, detailed description of the design, systems, procedures. Localization of the manual is underway.

Single and training missions have been added, including cockpit familiarization, start-up, taxiing and takeoff, landing, ground attack.

From now the cockpit English version Is available.

We’ve supplemented new paint schemes, including the livery for the famous «Red Five», the Red Army's aerobatic team in the 1930s.

Screen_211224_115455.png

At the moment we are focused on the development of the RSI-3 radio station with new DCS VoIP technology implementation.

In general, a lot of work has been done to improve the quality of the product, a number of unexpected difficulties have been overcome. That allowed our small team to gain invaluable experience.

At the beginning of the next year, we are planning to release the final version state of the DCS: I-16 project and place the long-awaited announcement.

We have great plans ahead.

Screen_211221_103446.png

Thank you for your trust and patience.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2022!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 13

Wow!!! Let me be the first to say....

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Thank you for all the hard work on the I-16 - by far, my favorite DCS module. And a HUGE thank you for the FANTASTIC news on the long-awaited Lavochkin!!!! Put it up on pre-sale and take my money right now! 😄

Wishing you, your team, and your families a wonderful holiday season and much happiness and success throughout the New Year!!!

Cheers!!!!

• Like 3

Thank You and fingers crossed for Yours 2022 An-2 😉 in DCS !

• Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Merry Christmas and Happy New year! Thanks for the updates!!

Fingers crossed for some other Russian planes!  🙂  

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least