News and Announcements

Plexus

When I first bought the I-16, I didn't know what to expect. Now, in hindsight, I can say with confidence that nothing can express the appreciation I have for the I-16 and you, the Devs. Without a doubt, one of the more beautiful modules in DCS, exhibiting a feeling of care and dedication throughout.

Thank you, Merry Christmas, and all the best on your new endeavours. I look forward to seeing what's to come.

• Like 2

Awesome stuff.  Thanks for the update, very much looking forward to giving it a try.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 3:25 PM, Mogster said:

I wonder if the La-7 will just appear as the I-16 did pretty much 🤔

It’ll be a beast online no doubt, Luftwaffe flyers are not going to be happy...

kozehub was alleged to have shot down 2 P-51 that bounced him in mis recognition in a La-7

Eric Brown was very impressed with its handling but not its ergonomics or robustness - it was still made of wood with plywood covering 

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

11 hours ago, Lynchsl62 said:

kozehub was alleged to have shot down 2 P-51 that bounced him in mis recognition in a La-7

Eric Brown was very impressed with its handling but not its ergonomics or robustness - it was still made of wood with plywood covering 

Yes, there were the usual Russian problems of build quality, durability, fumes in the cockpit and dodgy plexi. I think Brown mentioned these along with the limited and poor quality instruments and high cockpit workload.

These practical problems won’t really be reflected in the sim though. Low level the La-7 will be a perfect beast.

Edited by Mogster

Another OB update today and still no announcement. The suspense is killing me! LoL! 

To be honest, I'm not sure what to expect from the La-7. Aside from historical accounts, the only thing I have to go by is the La-5FN in that other sim. I find that plane a bit of a pig - not particularly fast, no quick acceleration, looses energy easily in a turning fight even with careful stick and throttle handling. Then again, I, personally, don't put much stock into any of the FMs modeled in the other sim. Besides, that one is a La-5FN, not a La-7. Given the strive for utmost realism in DCS and the remarkable job that OctopusG did on the I-16, I expect that his La-7 will be much closer to real life - for better or worse. Either way, I can't wait!

Edited by Doc3908
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 6:45 AM, Plexus said:

At the beginning of the next year, we are planning to release the final version state of the DCS: I-16 project and place the long-awaited announcement.

We have great plans ahead.

Thank you for your trust and patience.

Well.... the "beginning of the year" has come and gone... Any news???

• Like 3

When can we have the axis control for mixture back?

You can't make this more realistic unless we can have realistic control on the mixture.

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 2

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

• 2 weeks later...

So this update hasn't been released yet?  I had to uninstall my I-16 to make room from the last big patch, but I would install it again in a heartbeat if this update was implemented. OctopusG can we get a G-50 or something similar to fight against? Please!

• Thanks 1

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

Does anyone know if the I-16's flight model now is more realistic than it was when it first came out? Back then it was more unstable and wild-feeling. Now it's very precise and stable, you can fly without holding onto the stick even. Is this accurate?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2021/12/24 PM7点45分,Plexus说:

At the beginning of the next year, we are planning to release the final version state of the DCS: I-16 project and place the long-awaited announcement.

We have great plans ahead.

It's already June.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Ishak flies to the Release.

image.png

It's time for great news!

After painstaking work, we move the project to the Release status.

Release Changelog:

• Added EN and RU Flight Manual 

• Added Training Missions

• Added a few Single Missions

• Added Throttle Extra Stroke Zone for air throttle direct control 

• Fixed Mixture Control: added lever central “Normal” position to automatic control with lock and enrich and lean control and physics

• Added Ground Power Unit for electrical starter that enables by intercom command

• Added Wheel Chocks that enables by intercom command

• Added Failures for:

• boost regulator

• mixture governor

• oxygen governor

• collimator sight

• gear drag tensioner

• Added EN Cockpit

• Controls Indicator improved: added brakes and RPM axis with nominal mark

• Added axis input for WEP, mixture, cowl flaps, oil radiator controls

• Added keys input for separate side doors control

• Fixed Altimeter behavior during zero altitude setting

• Fixed Quickstart Missions: weather in the Ground Attack and day-time in Free Flight

• Added new paint schemes: “Red Five” Aerobatic Team, Silver Demo, Silver-black Demo.

The radio is not finished yet as we are still awaiting technical support from ED. However, it may be said that this temporary drawback is consistent with historical realities, since only a small number of I-16s were supplied with radio stations.
Anyway, we hope to be able to add the radio in the next updates.

In the future, we plan to expand the content of the module.

Follow the news.
We wish you pleasant flights!

Edited by Plexus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 11

7 hours ago, Plexus said:

Release Changelog:

• Added EN and RU Flight Manual 

• Added Training Missions

I've just updated, but unfortunately the Flight Manual  is available only in Russian language, and same thing with the Training missions (they are in russian)  😂

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

and it says that has been added several single player missions, but I only see the quick instant action stage flights, and the tutorial ones.

We need missions and campaign if possible in the normandy or channel map, as there is nothing to download from the users area appart of the mbot dynamic campaign, so I hope in future more missions comes from the dev to give some playability to the plane.

In any case, thanks for the update. It is very well welcome specially the english cockpit.

Edited by Japo32

Indeed, we observe that the current update did not include:

- EN Flight Manual

- EN Training Missions

- Voice for Training Missions 

- Single Missions

Moreover, the Intercom broke down, which is why it is impossible to startup the aircraft without airfield power supply.

We will try to deal the situation as soon as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 5:02 AM, Plexus said:

Follow the news.

We wish you pleasant flights!

This opened with the Spasskaya tower, which says Eastern Front '42-'43 to me...

Just sayin...if you took it as far as Stalingrad or even up to the Kyubishev bend that would be perfect!

(NOW you see how rumors get started)

image.jpeg

The next Open Beta update contains the following changes for DCS: I-16:

• Fixed ground crew interaction (intercom)

• Improved gun sound: fixed rate of fire sound

• Added items announced but not included in previous update:

• Single Missions

• EN Training Missions

• Voice for Training Mission 

• EN Flight Manual

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2