News and Announcements

Plexus

Thank you for your efforts, I love flying this little airplane, Best wishes and good luck, I cant wait for the announcement of the next project!

• Like 2

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Dear pilots!
We are happy to announce the DCS: La-7 project!

image.png

The Lavochkin La-7 is the legendary fighter of the end of the Second World War, the crown of creation of Soviet aircraft designers, a multiple winner in many air duels, the workhorse of the most famous ace of the Red Army Air Force, Ivan Nikitovich Kozhedub.

The La-7 aircraft is equipped with a powerful ASh-82FN piston engine - the pinnacle of air-cooled engines, and armed with formidable 20-mm ShVAK cannons. High performance allows this fighter to confidently compete with the best Germany and Western combat fighters.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

During developing this module, our team naturally relies on the experience of developing the DCS: I-16. La-7’s Flight Model is a further development of the highly acclaimed I-16’s Flight Model and is being created using the same technologies.

image.jpeg

The module  is at high degree of readiness, and the planned date for entering Early Access is early 2023.

Edited by Plexus
  • Like 9

On 6/22/2022 at 7:02 AM, Plexus said:

Ishak flies to the Release.

The radio is not finished yet as we are still awaiting technical support from ED. However, it may be said that this temporary drawback is consistent with historical realities, since only a small number of I-16s were supplied with radio stations.
Anyway, we hope to be able to add the radio in the next updates.

Looking forwards to flying your La-7, however, please don't forget to finish the I-16 radio, as its the only item still missung from the I-16 🙏

On 6/22/2022 at 7:02 AM, Plexus said:

In the future, we plan to expand the content of the module.

Wonder what it means .. any chance to add a couple of AI opponents?  I'd love to have an early He-111, Ju-87 and Bf-109E 😇

1 hour ago, Plexus said:

Dear pilots!
We are happy to announce the DCS: La-7 project!

...  the planned date for entering Early Access is early 2023.

I will purchase it for sure, it is still at least three months away, I wonder if ED could by any chance create a WW2 variant  of Caucasus ... not necesarily for free, I'd love to have such a Map  🙂

Best regards

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

does your company any plans to make jets?

Every other third party is making jets, do we really need another one? I prefer Plexus focusing on ww2 for a change, hopefully Magnitude will also join with their F4U.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

I16-La7_christmas_render_05.png

Happy New Year 2023! 
The outgoing year released "Ishak" into the DCS virtual sky, the coming one will give way to "Lavka". 
Let the new year be productive and prosperous in releases for each of us! 

With hope for a better future, 
OctopusG Team

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Iron_Man said:

@PlexusDear developers, where do I find the RU manual for I-16? I have been searching everywhere but couldn’t find it…

Your install path, then

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\I-16\Doc

There it should be.

And like that, every other module, usually.

• Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

In the upcoming update of DCS Open Beta, there is a visual improvement to the I-16 cockpit: the appearance and size of the control stick and pedals have been adjusted.

Additionally, the option to 'hide' the control stick has been added to improve access to the instrument panel.

Screen_230223_145141.png

Screen_230223_145148.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

Hi Plexus ✌️. Thanks for your job to bring the best of the Soviet Air Force in WWII. I hope you add some Yakolev serie to DCS in the near futures. The Yaks were one of the best dogfighter in the Soviet Air Force. Meantime your job with the Lavochkin look impressive 

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Plexusany improvements to the I-16 just make what is one of the most artistic, beautiful and original cockpits in DCS even more so.  Keep doing what you are doing.   

Much appreciated! 

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 7 months later...
On 10/14/2022 at 10:36 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Every other third party is making jets, do we really need another one? I prefer Plexus focusing on ww2 for a change, hopefully Magnitude will also join with their F4U.

We are missing a lot of icons even they would be AI, so yeah we do! More cold war jets and honestly that’s in my opinion the way the sim should go, no modern era (you can’t make it real cause you don’t know aspect of modern warfare as I’d the electronic warfare and such) and no WW2 there are other sims for that, bet it’s already happening. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mikep821 said:

there are other sims for that

Leaving whole segments of the combat sim market to the competition does not sound like a good business strategy for ED, and I don’t remember any other full fidelity ww2 sim being available … let’s hope ED won’t be following your suggestion 🙄

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Mikep821 said:

WW2 there are other sims for that

Well anytime I try something in those other sims I go "man I wish this was in DCS".

My preference lies very strongly in Cold War, especially late Cold War for DCS too, but hopefully not at the expense of best warbirds anywhere in the sim world.

But then, that Su-17 OctopusG teased some time ago is the only thing I am excited for as much as F-4E. And between Mag3 and OctoG, I'd prefer OctopusG to make it.

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

19 hours ago, WinterH said:

Well anytime I try something in those other sims I go "man I wish this was in DCS".

My preference lies very strongly in Cold War, especially late Cold War for DCS too, but hopefully not at the expense of best warbirds anywhere in the sim world.

But then, that Su-17 OctopusG teased some time ago is the only thing I am excited for as much as F-4E. And between Mag3 and OctoG, I'd prefer OctopusG to make it.

Yeah, can’t wait for F-4. Also I would like to see Mig-23 and Su-22 soon just to have a great models as opponents for F-4. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Dear friends!

start_screen_1920.png

The challenging year for many of us is coming to an end.
We look forward with faith and hope.
May the upcoming year be full of pleasant surprises.
May it be peaceful, bright, and interesting!
May the virtual sky expand and enrich!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
See you in 2024!

OctopusG Team

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

• 3 weeks later...