I can't sweep back wings after land

ebabil

Flaps seems stay deployed. Only inner small part of the flaps are retracting when i hit flap up button. 

This wasn't happening before. what am i doing wrong?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I don't think I pushed the flaps that much. Took of from carrier, made some ccip runs and land on a runway. 

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

If this is the case, flap damage model is overdone.

btw can i observe this damage on any cockpit instrument? a failure message maybe?

Edited by ebabil

Youtube

1 hour ago, DD_Fenrir said:

It's not just speed related chaps; you can damage the torque tubes applying g whilst the flaps are moving, particularly with rotational g. 

Yep, also of note and connected to the above post. You can get away with lowering the flaps at higher speeds, but you gotta be real gentle with the bird. For example I routinely lower flaps at 300-400kt, but only after I've already extended the speedbreak and Im approaching an airfield. I usually never damage them even when over-speeding them because I'm not pulling any g's. At that point all Im doing is slowing down and gently trying to hit the glideslope or circuit. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I was using the flap lever in the RIO pit and when switched back to pilot they went back at about 450 knots the plane became nigh uncontrollable and there were no doubts at all that something was very very wrong.  

Are we able to overspeed the gear? Was watching the interview with Shoes Mullen where he ripped off his gear doors and damaged the gear hydraulics and curious about that. 

Great interview with lots of laughs.  At least we don't have bloc 60s with only manual control of man flaps!

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

2 hours ago, Uxi said:

I was using the flap lever in the RIO pit and when switched back to pilot they went back at about 450 knots the plane became nigh uncontrollable and there were no doubts at all that something was very very wrong.  

Are we able to overspeed the gear? Was watching the interview with Shoes Mullen where he ripped off his gear doors and damaged the gear hydraulics and curious about that. 

Great interview with lots of laughs.  At least we don't have bloc 60s with only manual control of man flaps!

What, and I cant stress this enough..... the F***?

1 hour ago, Frosty2124 said:

What, and I cant stress this enough..... the F***?

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

As pilot, have an axis flap lever (on Virpil throttle). Flying high about 40k and fast about 450 kts.

Press 2 for RIO pit and use that flap lever for radar elevation. It's pulled down since high. Hooking targets,  etc

Press 1 to back to pilot... broken flaps.  

Specs & Wishlist:

Yea you can't cross controls like that. Either pick one seat to have axis and toggle switches, or get investing in some more controllers. 

Honestly Tomcat has Binary flaps. you shouldn't bother with them being on an axis, there's never a time when you would be moving the lever part way between up and down.