[REPORTED] Sidearm HUD problem

Bentman

In open beta, after Sidearms lock on, the reticle projected onto the HUD no longer centers on the emitter (it does in stable).  For me at least, the weapon itself seems to be acquiring, locking, and homing as expected, both caged and uncaged.  I'm attaching a track file. 

I do appreciate that waypoints now display on the HUD in A/G mode!

av8bNA_sidearm_debug_OB.trk

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Sidearm HUD problem

After todays update can you re test and give a new.trk if that problem persists? Glad to know everything else works for you.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Yup, same here

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 3 weeks later...
  • RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [REPORTED] Sidearm HUD problem
  • 6 months later...

This issue with SA reticle pointing at anything but approximate position of locked emitter was fixed for some (short) time before HUD update in september 2020, then it broke again, and stayed like that since.

3 ore fa, Aernov ha scritto:

This issue with SA reticle pointing at anything but approximate position of locked emitter was fixed for some (short) time before HUD update in september 2020, then it broke again, and stayed like that since.

Yeh.... that's true. I wonder why...

it was nice to see it work for a while...

😄

• Like 1

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Pardon me the necroposting, but I'd like to ask for approximation of the fix delivery for this issue...

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

I was flying yesterday, and the aiming circle was behaving totally random. I'll test it today, record and share the video, as it may be, that I just don't understand the logic of this system...

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

It's uncaged by default (solid circle), but trying to reset the reticle to it's default position/sound/behaviour i tried all I could, change mode (nav, gnd, landing), select other pylons/ordnance, cage-uncage reticle, toggle master arm, all without success. The reticle still was in upper position, slightly higher than default position, system emiting higher pitch sound after swithching back to the ground mode with Sidearm selected.

Edited by Amarok_73

Natural Born Kamikaze

The reticle was stuck to the HUD in it's vertical center line, slightly above the default center point where it appears when Sidearm is activated.
@AlphaJuliet Let's postpone this discussion to the evening. I'll try it again, and if it will happen to me, I'll try to record video as well as get the track that perhaps will be of some use for You.

• Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

I've made couple attempts recording the video the same time, but the last one was showing clearest what is disturbing me, in this attempt however I did not recorded video, so here's the track only.

What bothers me is that Sidearm, when activated, emits one tone (let's name it low), then when close to the radar source the reticle moves slightly higher, sound pitch goes higher but it still is not the rapid beeping that is related to the full lock on the radar, when the circle is relocated to the radar signal source. And even when the lock on radar is lost, and there' s no radar detected, the reticle stays in the higher location and higher pitch "mode". And that makes me wonder if this is meant to behave like that or it's the bug.

server-20220303-204135.trk

Natural Born Kamikaze

• 4 weeks later...