C-130J Hercules Basic Drop

Speedbrake

I'm trying to work up a simple cargo drop mission for the Hercules mod where you are set a specific drop zone (trigger zone) and are graded/advised if your drop is on target. However it appears that the cargo isn't figured as individual items (groups, etc.) even though they turn into (by script) the vehicles you loaded once they hit the ground. Any suggestions?

Anyone create such a mission?

Bomb in zone will work somewhat. I used a cargo of three crates (pods). I graded how many "pods" were dropped in the zone. However the program grades you on when (where) you drop the cargo. It doesn't look at where/when the cargo hits the ground like I hoped. Therefore altitude, wind, drift, etc. is not taken into account. I was hopping for more. But you could really narrow down the drop zone and get some results. I will see if there are other specific cargo types that might work.

Hi, if your drops turn into vehicles (units or a group, with a name) at the points where the drops hit the ground, then these hit points can be handled by script to check and report distance to zone point, bearing from zone point, time of impact relative to desired delivery time, or whatever is scriptable and interesting to your goal.

• Like 1