Any plans to add more weapons?

J20Stronk

3 hours ago, PetRock said:

Bump...

@uboats any rough timeline you can share about bringing more options to the weapons list?

Thanks again!

it's hard to say now, we don't have time to model other weapons at this moment

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As someone far more fascinated by Red than Blue (as an american citizen we get the blue options shoved down our throat via every media from toddler age onward) I really hope you guys will keep up the amazing work.

Even if adding these might take a little more time, patience is no problem.

Just please don't randomly "nevermind" it because it's been too long anyway.

The JF-17 is really special in regards to the lineup and it's basically the only chinese design origin modern jet in the game (J-11 just doesn't count, since even in real life it's just a reskinned Su-27).  And while I love the Russian stuff, the chinese stuff is totally a new experience and just awesome to try out.  Huge huge fan of the SD-10 as well.  AMRAAM competitive hardware from any other nation is just so incredibly needed.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 10:32 AM, fergrim said:

As someone far more fascinated by Red than Blue (as an american citizen we get the blue options shoved down our throat via every media from toddler age onward) I really hope you guys will keep up the amazing work.

Even if adding these might take a little more time, patience is no problem.

Just please don't randomly "nevermind" it because it's been too long anyway.

The JF-17 is really special in regards to the lineup and it's basically the only chinese design origin modern jet in the game (J-11 just doesn't count, since even in real life it's just a reskinned Su-27).  And while I love the Russian stuff, the chinese stuff is totally a new experience and just awesome to try out.  Huge huge fan of the SD-10 as well.  AMRAAM competitive hardware from any other nation is just so incredibly needed.

Sorry for downsizing your fascination but the JF-17 philosophy comes from the F-16 Falcon as Pakistan wanted a cheaper fighter to complement their Falcon Fleet. 

PAC and CAC did a superb job with the avionics suite.

Well, at least the engine is truly "Red".

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Tigershark624 said:

Are there any plans to model the new helmet-mounted display (well, new as of January 2021)?  That would be a very welcome addition.

There's no real good HOBS missiles at the moment, so it wouldn't make sense, even though it would at least look cool.

On 12/26/2021 at 1:42 PM, Napillo said:

There's no real good HOBS missiles at the moment, so it wouldn't make sense, even though it would at least look cool.

Isn’t the Jf-17 cleared to use the PL-10E?  Besides, its not like you need a HOBS missile to get functionality out of an HMD.  Look at the A-10 for example.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LtCol_Davenport said:

Are they working on a Block 3 variant or that’s just dreaming?

Just dreaming on the Blk 3, but the HMD is already in the game and Deka said (a long time ago, grain of salt) that if the PAF adopted the HMD they would enable it for us to use. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Bump...

Any updates on MER/TER/whatevers on the inner pylons, or new munitions coming to the JF-17? Cheek station for Pod?

Just wondering how these questions will fit in with moving the JF-17 out of EA.

Thanks again for the wonderful module - did some radar only GB-6 strikes last night that were a breeze while my friends in hornets were having to get down low under the clouds to use pods and getting shot at.

1 hour ago, PetRock said:

Bump...

Any updates on MER/TER/whatevers on the inner pylons, or new munitions coming to the JF-17? Cheek station for Pod?

Just wondering how these questions will fit in with moving the JF-17 out of EA.

Thanks again for the wonderful module - did some radar only GB-6 strikes last night that were a breeze while my friends in hornets were having to get down low under the clouds to use pods and getting shot at.

Hi PetRock

So far no plan yet, but we keep investigating and see if there's any weapon suitable to add.

i.e. for brazil MAR-1, we considered it, but have no info of its working mode.

Thanks,

Xueqian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |