Random objects in an airfield at mission start

Sparrow_1976

Greetings,

in order to have some "company" when I start a free flight, I'm used to add some planes and/or helicopters here and there in the airfield, as static objects.

After a while, it becomes annoying to always see the same aircrafts around me every time when I start the flight, so I wish to know if there's a way to assign to every object a probability to be there. So, given that every object is selected as a specific aircraft and so is its position in the airfield, at least it's not there every time.

Thank you.

There is a probability control at the top of every group's panel in the mission editor. The other option would be a reasonably straightforward script to pick random things to spawn from a list. But if you're not into scripting, the probability control should work.

I don't think the probability control exists for static objects, but you can set a group to TAKEOFF FROM RAMP and check the UNCONTROLLED box in the group properties. Same deal.

You could randomize and save as a template pretty easily. Combined with the uncontrolled check box with each group (that you can use in a trigger later on to activate them if you desire) and its up too you how deep down that rabbit hole you want to fall. For example you can set a trigger to mission start, action Flag set random value. then for example, Flag 1 Val lim min = 1 Val lim max = 4 (or anything you like) that gives a 1 in 4 chance of what ever you set in your spawn in trigger - say Flag 1 = 3 Group activate xyz. Combined with using the Random function you can on top add another percentage of things spawning in. It can be a bit of work but will achieve exactly what you want.

The most important thing using this method is naming groups and units clearly so you can navigate to them easily and accurately.

Screen_201221_150050.png

Screen_201221_150045.png

Screen_201221_150109.png

Edited by Woody01

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

On 12/17/2020 at 8:22 AM, Sparrow_1976 said:

in order to have some "company" when I start a free flight, I'm used to add some planes and/or helicopters here and there in the airfield, as static objects.

After a while, it becomes annoying to always see the same aircrafts around me every time when I start the flight, so I wish to know if there's a way to assign to every object a probability to be there.

on my missions, I make use of the RAT (random air traffic) component of Moose, to create random friendly airctraffic between nearby airbases, this helps to create variety and ambiance. On this video I’m parked on a su-25t and the rat generates traffic around me:

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hm ... just looked at some Moose documentation - meaning, you have to get to scripting, of course 🙂

So, without having tried:

In PRINCIPLE, its possible to get the list of (unoccupied) parking slots on an airfield, which also contains the according coordinates.

You  can also spawn statics.

So in principle, you can take the parking slots and spawn in some statics randomly on that positions, BUT: I don't have a idea, how to pass on the heading of these statics.

Maybe i have to play a little with lua on the coming vacation days, that's an interesting idea 🙂

It should be possible. @Hardcard did a script for populating empty slots of an MP mission, so that you didn’t feel alone if there were few people connected to the server at that moment, that did something similar to what the OP wants:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB