[Solved]How to switch off a map's lights at night ?

*Aquila*

As satellite views can confirm, conflict areas are, for various reasons, most often dark at night. How can we make this happen when building missions in DCS World?

[EDIT]

I tried a couple things and found the answer: starting a mission any night between September 1st 1939 and May 31st 1945 will let you see the whole map with its lights switched off. Only the airfields are lit. Quite immersive, very cool!

Edited by *Aquila*
  • Like 1

I guess the answer is: Not at all. The (night) lighting is part of the scenery and cannot be switched on or off, neither generally nor locally on any given map. It is simply „controlled“ by the time of day.

I like the idea though. It would be extremely cool if the city lighting could also be linked to the damage status of nearby power stations or even powerlines!

My workaround: When I go on a big night strike I always imagine it to be night 1 of the conflict, Task Force Normandy did its job and the enemy doesn‘t expect me coming. Baghdad was still fully lit when the first 2000-pounders came down in January 1991 🙂

Edited by Hog_No32

• *Aquila* changed the title to [Solved]How to switch off a map's lights at night ?