Complete Jester Menu in MATRIC

pdmarsh

For those unfamiliar with MATRIC, it is a utility that allows you to send keyboard commands from a smartphone or tablet to your PC.  I have moved the entire Jester menu (referred to as a "deck") to this app.  Long keyboard command strings, or numerous head-turns and clicks, have been reduced to a few presses of the tablet screen.  A good example is "Scan Altitude at Distance."  Seven keyboard commands, or seven head rotations and clicks, have been reduced to two presses of the tablet screen.  Similar reductions are in the areas of entering lat/long waypoints, tuning the radio and so on.

Here is a short video of the app in action.  It goes by quick, but you can see tablet screen presses and what's happening in the cockpit:

Jester in MATRIC

In order to do this, I had to list all Jester command strings in a spreadsheet.  Here is a link to that file:

Jester Menu in Excel Spreadsheet

Link to MATRIC website:  MATRIC

Link to Jester deck on MATRIC:  Jester Deck

Below are some screenshots.

I hope this will prove useful to some F-14 pilots.

Thanks,

Paul (a.k.a. Skeeter)

P.S. -- If you are using TrackIR, or similar, and head movements to make Jester selections now, you will have to disable this feature in the "Jester AI Contract" list within the F-14 "Special" settings.  Otherwise, erroneous selections get made as this app goes through its macros.

Screenshot_20201217-081448_MATRIC.jpg

Screenshot_20201217-084039_MATRIC.jpg

Screenshot_20201217-084222_MATRIC.jpg

Screenshot_20201217-084405_MATRIC.jpg

Edited by pdmarsh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 3 years later...