ATTENTION: SPOILERS! - F-14B CAMPAIGN REFORGER PART I+II FEEDBACK THREAD - Read at your own discretion.

IronMike

36 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Are you waiting maybe not long enough at your cap station? Are you sure you updated the correct file? To be sure you can copy the one from the campaign in the F14 mods folder, as it has the latest version. In your DCS install: Mods\aircraft\F14\Missions\Campaigns\OP Reforger

PS: if you killed the SU27s and the MiGs, you shouldnt get the "it took you too long" msg, that is a bug, I need to look into that. Thank you. (It does not affect mission progress though..)

Ah OK, I thought that the 'it took you too long' message meant 'mission failed', so I aborted the mission.  I'll try again, ignore the 'took too long message' and wait longer at the CAP station for the next targets to pop up then.  Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Pyker said:

Ah OK, I thought that the 'it took you too long' message meant 'mission failed', so I aborted the mission.  I'll try again, ignore the 'took too long message' and wait longer at the CAP station for the next targets to pop up then.  Thank you!

I dont want to spoil whether or not more things happen, but you will know when the mission is over, by the usual Jester-RTB remarks and message.. Remember, a fighter pilot's life is not only hot stuff and glory, and sometimes ... things happen. 🙂 Good luck!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

3小时前,IronMike说:

Are you waiting maybe not long enough at your cap station? Are you sure you updated the correct file? To be sure you can copy the one from the campaign in the F14 mods folder, as it has the latest version. In your DCS install: Mods\aircraft\F14\Missions\Campaigns\OP Reforger

PS: if you killed the SU27s and the MiGs, you shouldnt get the "it took you too long" msg, that is a bug, I need to look into that. Thank you. (It does not affect mission progress though..)

what about coop version now , it looks like not merge into game at this patch , mind send it to me in advance via PM ? thanks .

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

I dont want to spoil whether or not more things happen, but you will know when the mission is over, by the usual Jester-RTB remarks and message.. Remember, a fighter pilot's life is not only hot stuff and glory, and sometimes ... things happen. 🙂 Good luck!

Mission 5 complete!

I confirm that I had again the messages saying that I was too slow to shoot the bandits.  I ignored them and finished the CAP and was eventually told to RTB, mission successful.

Thank you for helping me with this, very nice work with the campaign.

I had to disable tacview to keep a decent framerate (there are so many planes at the same time!) but that was no big deal.

4 hours ago, Pyker said:

Mission 5 complete!

I confirm that I had again the messages saying that I was too slow to shoot the bandits.  I ignored them and finished the CAP and was eventually told to RTB, mission successful.

Thank you for helping me with this, very nice work with the campaign.

I had to disable tacview to keep a decent framerate (there are so many planes at the same time!) but that was no big deal.

Congrats, happy it worked! I will fix those bugs for the next update, thanks again for finding them!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

I have a lot of trouble finishing the 2nd mission.  If I don't have my f14 practically inside the damned tanker, it will not give me a 'confirm precontact' I also don't seem to get the trigger that resumes the mission after I refuel.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

vor 4 Stunden schrieb NakedSquirrel:

I have a lot of trouble finishing the 2nd mission.  If I don't have my f14 practically inside the damned tanker, it will not give me a 'confirm precontact' I also don't seem to get the trigger that resumes the mission after I refuel.

Re. triggering the, err, triggers 🙂 :

IIRC, you just have to fly into the huge trigger zone around the tanker orbit to trigger the AAR message.

Spoiler

Refueling itself is optional (at least I could finish every mission without AAR - the B holds plenty of fuel if you are conservative with the throttles).

The next trigger happens when you reach your first CAP steerpoint. There doesn't seem to be a "finished refueling" trigger.

So, after triggering the AAR message, hit the tanker and fly to your CAP orbit. At least that's what I did, and I could finish the mission without any problems. Hope this helps. 

Edit: I can only speculate about your "precontact" problem, but I suppose the "zone" around the S-3 is rather small? I've heard somewhere (in some YouTube tutorial that I can't remember clearly) that closure rate seems to be a factor along with correct position behind the tanker.

Edited by Jayhawk1971
Put certain spoilery information into spoiler tags

You need to be fairly well lined up behind and close indeed. And correct,

Spoiler

none of the refuels in the campaign are mandatory (but ofc reward you with more fuel for the mission if you do them).

^^I do not say that in the campaign though, so that players challenge themselves a bit. The campaign is also set up in such a way, that by doing these 9 missions, at the end you end up more confident and more trained in the Tomcat - from a casual player's perspective.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

12小时前,IronMike说:

You need to be fairly well lined up behind and close indeed. And correct,

展现隐藏的内容

none of the refuels in the campaign are mandatory (but ofc reward you with more fuel for the mission if you do them).

^^I do not say that in the campaign though, so that players challenge themselves a bit. The campaign is also set up in such a way, that by doing these 9 missions, at the end you end up more confident and more trained in the Tomcat - from a casual player's perspective.

hey man , the new COOP and SC version is done , I've sent you the txt file , please check PM .

Edited by Alphabet_Ghost
  • Thanks 1

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

[SPOILER ALERT] Mission 4 small problem. The MiG-29 traumatising our overly dramatic friends at Uzi 4 turns hot on me. We play chicken. At around 2 miles, something falls off the MiG as we cross paths. The dialogue about figuring out whether that was a missile or not plays. We get on his tail, no permission to fire.

All of this is fine, except the MiG's missile was actually launched and had time to guide and explode in my face, taking out the radar, INS, TACAN and half a dozen other systems with it!

I RTB'd after that, found the carrier through the little standby compass and pulled off a standard CASE III final thanks to the ICLS still working, but I get the impression that was not the mission designer's plan.

31 minutes ago, Lucas_From_Hell said:

[SPOILER ALERT] Mission 4 small problem. The MiG-29 traumatising our overly dramatic friends at Uzi 4 turns hot on me. We play chicken. At around 2 miles, something falls off the MiG as we cross paths. The dialogue about figuring out whether that was a missile or not plays. We get on his tail, no permission to fire.

All of this is fine, except the MiG's missile was actually launched and had time to guide and explode in my face, taking out the radar, INS, TACAN and half a dozen other systems with it!

I RTB'd after that, found the carrier through the little standby compass and pulled off a standard CASE III final thanks to the ICLS still working, but I get the impression that was not the mission designer's plan.

Indeed it wasnt, hahaha. My apologies, but at the same time also congratulations for mastering the situation wonderfully! Unfortunately there is no way to make an AI fire a weapon blind or make it miss or 100% a dud. Hence the r60 is the choice as being one of the least likely missiles to hit anything in DCS, haha. You really, really gotta have bad luck for it to do what it did to you. I hope you got at least a good laugh out of it. 🙂

Heatblur Simulations

All good, it was a most entertaining experience! Thankfully in this mission the strike group is massive so it was very hard to miss once I flew near it. It also didn't disrupt much since I'm playing the campaign missions by opening them one by one in case small hitches like this get in the way. Great work so far, it's been a very fun ride!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On one of the attempts at mission 5, I've locked one of the first two Su-27s and Jester kept insisting it was a friendly for some reason. I think that time around I actually forgot to prep the missiles in advance and switch on the coolant for the AIM-9's. It's a long shot, but maybe his dialog choices on calling them hostile when I wanted to fire were influenced by those conditions (e.g. missing the tree option or a recording for non-prepped missiles)?

BTW, I'm still using the initial version of the campaign posted here when it didn't make it in the open beta patch.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

28 minutes ago, Dudikoff said:

On one of the attempts at mission 5, I've locked one of the first two Su-27s and Jester kept insisting it was a friendly for some reason. I think that time around I actually forgot to prep the missiles in advance and switch on the coolant for the AIM-9's. It's a long shot, but maybe his dialog choices on calling them hostile when I wanted to fire were influenced by those conditions (e.g. missing the tree option or a recording for non-prepped missiles)?

BTW, I'm still using the initial version of the campaign posted here when it didn't make it in the open beta patch.

No, I highly doubt it's that deep (or even possible) to check your aircraft settings during this mission. I suspect usual Jester bug/imperfection.

If you keep using the old campaign files just because you started it from different folder and don't want to lose the progress, go to main DCS installation folder \mods\aircraft\F-14\missions\campaigns\ and copy the newer Reforger campaign files over wherever you have your current files to update them. Then you will play campaign as usual, keep the progress, and have the latest campaign fixes.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Yep, no need to hold on to the old versions.

@turkeydriver I didnt update the loadouts for the hornets yet, I just dont have the time to test others. In hindsight, I dont even remember why I chose these lol. I am just afraid that a loadout change might yield worse results. Just need to find a moment to redo it. Likely this will be after I finish the PG campaign, which we want to bring to you all asap, too.

• Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Am 25.2.2021 um 23:16 schrieb IronMike:

Yep, no need to hold on to the old versions.

@turkeydriver I didnt update the loadouts for the hornets yet, I just dont have the time to test others. In hindsight, I dont even remember why I chose these lol. I am just afraid that a loadout change might yield worse results. Just need to find a moment to redo it. Likely this will be after I finish the PG campaign, which we want to bring to you all asap, too.

Will the PG campaign be released after "Reforger 2"? Or do we get the "F-14A campaign" in between part 1 and 2? 

Personally I'd rather have a PG campaign first (not only because I already own that map 😉), but also because the (apparently not yet optimized) Syria map pretty much almost fried my GPU during the last "free to play" event: Tomcat free flight at night from Beirut.  Screen suddenly goes black (but DCS still running), got an error message after reset that said I should "power down and connect the PCIe power cable". Opened the case, gave the power cables a nudge as well as pushed the card against the slot, and somehow got it working again; haven't had that problem before, or ever since.

With the GPU market being basically non-existent ATM thanks to the crypto-miners, I'd rather play on a more optimized map and not run the risk of killing my GPU, at least not until July/ August. 🙂

For the person who reacted with a "confused" emoji: I was asking - very selfishly - if getting the PG campaign "ASAP" would mean that we would be getting it before the sequel to "Reforger Iron Heel". Reason being that Syria as of yet seems to be too taxing for my system. And the current market situation is preventing me from upgrading my system. PG, on the other hand, runs fine, because it's an older map, and therefore much more optimized.

Edited by Jayhawk1971

10 hours ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

Will the PG campaign be released after "Reforger 2"? Or do we get the "F-14A campaign" in between part 1 and 2? 

Personally I'd rather have a PG campaign first (not only because I already own that map 😉), but also because the (apparently not yet optimized) Syria map pretty much almost fried my GPU during the last "free to play" event: Tomcat free flight at night from Beirut.  Screen suddenly goes black (but DCS still running), got an error message after reset that said I should "power down and connect the PCIe power cable". Opened the case, gave the power cables a nudge as well as pushed the card against the slot, and somehow got it working again; haven't had that problem before, or ever since.

With the GPU market being basically non-existent ATM thanks to the crypto-miners, I'd rather play on a more optimized map and not run the risk of killing my GPU, at least not until July/ August. 🙂

For the person who reacted with a "confused" emoji: I was asking - very selfishly - if getting the PG campaign "ASAP" would mean that we would be getting it before the sequel to "Reforger Iron Heel". Reason being that Syria as of yet seems to be too taxing for my system. And the current market situation is preventing me from upgrading my system. PG, on the other hand, runs fine, because it's an older map, and therefore much more optimized.

I wouldn't worry too much about Syria, tbh, this really seems like your cable got loose, for whatever reason. You won't fry your PC because of it, you can try the take off instant action mission in Syria to ease yourself in, it is a mission that is pretty bar of any units and thus will not strain your PC much - if it runs fine, try "on devil's edge", and if that then runs fine, too, you dont have to worry.

However your wish will be granted, indeed we will be releasing the PG campaign first, also because it is a promised release feature, while part 2 of reforger is basically a bonus - we just thought it would be sad not to offer a campaign for Lebanon and Syria, hence we added that.

Please do always express your wishes, you all are most invited to do so. 🙂

Heatblur Simulations

1 hour ago, Alphabet_Ghost said:

well , i need buy other disk for playing syria campaign  . LoL . 

I constantly keep uninstalling and reinstalling it if I need disk space for other things... 😆

Dear Lord: please grant me disk space! Amen.

Heatblur Simulations

vor 2 Stunden schrieb IronMike:

I wouldn't worry too much about Syria, tbh, this really seems like your cable got loose, for whatever reason. You won't fry your PC because of it, you can try the take off instant action mission in Syria to ease yourself in, it is a mission that is pretty bar of any units and thus will not strain your PC much - if it runs fine, try "on devil's edge", and if that then runs fine, too, you dont have to worry.

However your wish will be granted, indeed we will be releasing the PG campaign first, also because it is a promised release feature, while part 2 of reforger is basically a bonus - we just thought it would be sad not to offer a campaign for Lebanon and Syria, hence we added that.

Please do always express your wishes, you all are most invited to do so. 🙂

Well, the "frying" part ofc was a bit hyperbolic. 😉 But I am a little paranoid atm with the whole situation, and my very dated card (GTX 970) needs to be able to hang in there some more. It was just weird, because I also edit video on this system, and play other games, and haven't had a single problem. Then suddenly, just as I was trying the Syria map, I get a slideshow and screen turns black, on that particular mission. I tried other missions on the map previously (the ones for the F-16, and most of the F-14 ones), and while performance was noticeably slower, it wasn't too bad and still playable. 🤷‍♂️

My working theory atm is that the Beirut area at night was just a little too taxing and the card got a little too hot and an already loose connection finally lost connection. 

Anyway, that's good news, as time will mend all woes. 🙂 (in this case, Syria map will be further optimized, and with NVIDIA allegedly taking active measures to "sour the milk" for miners, GPU's should become available (and with more realistic prices) later this year. 👍)

And, most importantly, I'm really looking forward to a campaign in the A (I seem to recall the PG campaign is supposed to feature the A? )

Edited by Jayhawk1971

42 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

Well, the "frying" part ofc was a bit hyperbolic. 😉 But I am a little paranoid atm with the whole situation, and my very dated card (GTX 970) needs to be able to hang in there some more. It was just weird, because I also edit video on this system, and play other games, and haven't had a single problem. Then suddenly, just as I was trying the Syria map, I get a slideshow and screen turns black, on that particular mission. I tried other missions on the map previously (the ones for the F-16, and most of the F-14 ones), and while performance was noticeably slower, it wasn't too bad and still playable. 🤷‍♂️

My working theory atm is that the Beirut area at night was just a little too taxing and the card got a little too hot and an already loose connection finally lost connection. 

Anyway, that's good news, as time will mend all woes. 🙂 (in this case, Syria map will be further optimized, and with NVIDIA allegedly taking active measures to "sour the milk" for miners, GPU's should become available (and with more realistic prices) later this year. 👍)

And, most importantly, I'm really looking forward to a campaign in the A (I seem to recall the PG campaign is supposed to feature the A? )

Correct, PG campaign will A, and Supercarrier. 🙂

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

On 2/27/2021 at 12:30 PM, IronMike said:

Correct, PG campaign will A, and Supercarrier. 🙂

yeah!!!!, please keep such realism, not needed a big bunch of aircraft and missiles flying around, real life is more tactical than hollywood, real combat ordnance is not 6xAIM54, and come back home with 5 AA kills...real life is more tension and take the correct decissions, and also some "boring" CAPs, relief back to tanker, back to CAP...

Keep it as Reforger.

Awesome dude!, keep the style

20 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

yeah!!!!, please keep such realism, not needed a big bunch of aircraft and missiles flying around, real life is more tactical than hollywood, real combat ordnance is not 6xAIM54, and come back home with 5 AA kills...real life is more tension and take the correct decissions, and also some "boring" CAPs, relief back to tanker, back to CAP...

Keep it as Reforger.

Awesome dude!, keep the style

In fact I will try to increase realism in the PG campaign even further, make it more about procedures, cold starts only, etc... Still trying to find a good middle ground here, so that the pacing of the missions still stays exciting at the same time, but it is getting there. I am already excited about it, also because it has the A, my real true eternal love hahaha.

• Like 3

Heatblur Simulations