ATTENTION: SPOILERS! - F-14B CAMPAIGN REFORGER PART I+II FEEDBACK THREAD - Read at your own discretion.

IronMike

Mission 1

In Mission 1, for me, all the navigation is off by around 10 Deg, that includes especially the TACAN.

If I fly a 21X 55 approach, I will end up in the weeds. If I remember correct and saw it right, INS indication are off by roughly 10° if I compare to the standby compass, who seemed to be right.

The given headings by ATC during the approach and the ST were also off by the same amount, I had to fly steer points to be where I would suppose to be, in accordance to the provided map.

Could someone please check?  If it is only me, I don't know exactly where to start to look what went wrong.

Reading about the other bugs, I might better wait for the fix first before to continue.

Edited by Lt_Jaeger

12 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

Mission 1

In Mission 1, for me, all the navigation is off by around 10 Deg, that includes especially the TACAN.

If I fly a 21X 55 approach, I will end up in the weeds. If I remember correct and saw it right, INS indication are off by roughly 10° if I compare to the standby compass, who seemed to be right.

The given headings by ATC during the approach and the ST were also off by the same amount, I had to fly steer points to be where I would suppose to be, in accordance to the provided map.

Could someone please check?  If it is only me, I don't know exactly where to start to look what went wrong.

Reading about the other bugs, I might better wait for the fix first before to continue.

Unfortunately that is gonna stay like that, I should add it to the NOTAMs. On the map the runway heading is indicated with 055°, and I wrote and recorded everything with that, while not paying too much attention to it, the real world maps were actually more correct. Once it finally dawned on me, it was too late, and I'd have to re-record everything again. OTOH it also depends on the player position, so being 5 or 10 degrees left or right is expected and accounted for in the triggers. You won't fail, if you are.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

10 hours ago, IronMike said:

Unfortunately that is gonna stay like that, I should add it to the NOTAMs. On the map the runway heading is indicated with 055°, and I wrote and recorded everything with that, while not paying too much attention to it, the real world maps were actually more correct. Once it finally dawned on me, it was too late, and I'd have to re-record everything again. OTOH it also depends on the player position, so being 5 or 10 degrees left or right is expected and accounted for in the triggers. You won't fail, if you are.

Thank you for the answer.

I don't deem it as overly problematic since one is doing VFR anyhow and with the provided map and the destinctive landmarks it would be easy to fly this completely without steerpoints, but the TACAN approach made me scratch my head. I was somewhere but it all did not add up, so I said screw it and flew it visual. 

Anyhow, i'm nowhere near to be a pilot nor do I have a understanding of airborn navigation, but I like to fly "the numbers" and was wondering why I was somewhere and not where I am supposed to be. 

7 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

Thank you for the answer.

I don't deem it as overly problematic since one is doing VFR anyhow and with the provided map and the destinctive landmarks it would be easy to fly this completely without steerpoints, but the TACAN approach made me scratch my head. I was somewhere but it all did not add up, so I said screw it and flew it visual. 

Anyhow, i'm nowhere near to be a pilot nor do I have a understanding of airborn navigation, but I like to fly "the numbers" and was wondering why I was somewhere and not where I am supposed to be. 

Yeah, it's one of those regretted decisions, and I dont know why the map says 055°. As it differed from the real world maps, I went with it, setup and recorded everything with it and then was stuck with it. Heh. But hey, I hope the ATC provides some immersion, which is what it is here for (and hopefully one day we get proper ATC), + ofc Jester always helps with waypoints.

I hope I can publish all fixes by the end of the week. Mission 2 makes me scratch my head a bit, but there is currently a bug where flags dont fire correctly and maybe it is related to that. As well as the freshly spawned lead in mission 3 just headtaling rtb to a neutral base...

My apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

I've played Mission 3 The Raid twice. After rejoining with Lead following the attack he goes and lands at the nearest base in grid DV09. I carry onto the tanker, refuel and proceed to Incirlik. The last message I receive from Tower is to turn to heading 230, descend to 4000 and keep speed not above 350 knots. There are no further messages after this point (the first time I carried on until I was over the ocean). I have landed in either direction and parked at the usual spot but it does not register.

TacView and track file links here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hn4OBBWLX6129LC7NNJxnP4ob793-WzU/view?usp=share_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-qLBFWwZtUZf5h09EW4VMkIoY0Ti6_7F/view?usp=share_link

2.8.4.39259.1 Open Beta

Edited by JGS
Added second link

Mission 5 had two issues  (playing on Multithreading exe):

1. After takeoff, the flight stays very low and slow, extremely high AOA with burners, weaving back and forth. After a while I left them there, climbed and flew to SP 1, where I planned to circle and see what'll happen. Suddenly the flight was ahead of me and I had to go full burner to catch up.

2. I chose the "engage" F10-option after the bombing run, but the Migs seem to be broken, like in Mission 2. One seems to be circling over their home base, the other is crashed on the runway with the ejected pilot standing next to it. I shot down the circling Mig and strafed the crashed one, but mission didn't progress.

Screen_230418_014041.jpg

I found the tanker, refueled, RTB'd but got no further messages, and no "mission complete".

Refueling was actually pretty cool, because the whole Tornado flight was in the process of refueling. Which was very immersive. The last Tornado was in left observation position, awaiting his turn, so I joined on his left wing. As he slid into position behind the left drogue, I went to the right one. Really immersive.

Mission 4 (MT):

Jester missed the outpost with the GBU-12, despite me dropping within parameters, in a gentle right-hand bank after pickle, just like before. Mission kept somewhat progressing due to the convoy keeping on moving, but it seemed out of whack so I quit at that point.

First drop went well, despite a comms issue: I pickled only once, but got Jester's scripted "drop message" twice.

Edited by Jayhawk1971

On a positive note: mission 6 worked well and I had a good laugh, because I had heard of the real event that this is based on. I even managed a very good 3 wire trap (despite - or maybe due to - the circumstances 🙂 ).

(Forrestal's IFLOLS is still a mess, though: completely unreadable because it's way too bright, blindingly so,  at least in VR).

On 4/19/2023 at 12:32 PM, Lt_Jaeger said:

If I fly a 21X 55 approach, I will end up in the weeds.

You may be not perfectly aligned for the runway but you'll still fly towards the TACAN.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Mission 1 was a bit frustrating in that I followed all the instructions (figured out the Tacan radial issue) except for the parking on the left pad. Missed jesters instruction and failed the mission. Re ran it and bingo no issue.

Mission 2 was an epic fail. Did everything I was told but left doing cap racetracks twice with only glimpses of the enemy (fulcrums that only I only saw on the RWR. Then later mig 21's that died before Jester could get a lock on them) then went to find the tanker - but no tanker available on the menu, only to find out (from Tac view files) that he had buggered off to Incerlik. Managed to find the base and land (not textbook) but had failed as I hadn't done the AAR. 

Hope this helps when you go bug hunting. LOL. BTW I just replayed the original Reforger SC version and with MT and all the improvements to the Tomcat and the vastly improved performance and graphics it was stunning!

Tacview-20230501-151222-DCS-ReforgerII_m2_proportional response.zip.acmi

On 5/1/2023 at 8:27 PM, andygg said:

Mission 1 was a bit frustrating in that I followed all the instructions (figured out the Tacan radial issue) except for the parking on the left pad. Missed jesters instruction and failed the mission. Re ran it and bingo no issue.

Mission 2 was an epic fail. Did everything I was told but left doing cap racetracks twice with only glimpses of the enemy (fulcrums that only I only saw on the RWR. Then later mig 21's that died before Jester could get a lock on them) then went to find the tanker - but no tanker available on the menu, only to find out (from Tac view files) that he had buggered off to Incerlik. Managed to find the base and land (not textbook) but had failed as I hadn't done the AAR. 

Hope this helps when you go bug hunting. LOL. BTW I just replayed the original Reforger SC version and with MT and all the improvements to the Tomcat and the vastly improved performance and graphics it was stunning!

Tacview-20230501-151222-DCS-ReforgerII_m2_proportional response.zip.acmi 25.41 MB · 1 download

Thank you very much for the report. We hope we can iron out the reforger II issues soon, so you can have an equally great experience as with the first one.

Heatblur Simulations

On 5/1/2023 at 3:27 PM, andygg said:

Tacview-20230501-151222-DCS-ReforgerII_m2_proportional response.zip.acmi 25.41 MB · 3 downloads

I had the same issues with Mission 2. The Mig-29s turned tail when I was 100 NM away, but Jester acted like they were engaging us. He then couldn't lock any of the 21s, but I was still able to lock and splash one on my own. Then I never got cleared to depart my CAP station, probably because the Fulcrums were still out there, at which point I concluded that something was broken and quit before trying to find the tanker.

5 hours ago, WWSmith said:

I had the same issues with Mission 2. The Mig-29s turned tail when I was 100 NM away, but Jester acted like they were engaging us. He then couldn't lock any of the 21s, but I was still able to lock and splash one on my own. Then I never got cleared to depart my CAP station, probably because the Fulcrums were still out there, at which point I concluded that something was broken and quit before trying to find the tanker.

Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

7 minutes ago, Lukas2438 said:

One quick question, why the Supercarrier version of Reforger I was removed back in March update?

I suppose it's no longer needed since the CVN-74 was used and it works for both non-SC and SC owners.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 5/14/2023 at 9:39 AM, draconus said:

I suppose it's no longer needed since the CVN-74 was used and it works for both non-SC and SC owners.

Correct, it is a hybrid carrier now, and hence the default version now is de facto also the SC version.

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

On 4/21/2023 at 8:32 PM, JGS said:

I've played Mission 3 The Raid twice. After rejoining with Lead following the attack he goes and lands at the nearest base in grid DV09. I carry onto the tanker, refuel and proceed to Incirlik. The last message I receive from Tower is to turn to heading 230, descend to 4000 and keep speed not above 350 knots. There are no further messages after this point

+1 

I had an identical experience.

6 hours ago, prccowboy said:

+1 

I had an identical experience.

Thank you! We hope the AI issues get sorted soon, though I will continue to try and find suitable workarounds in the meantime.

Heatblur Simulations

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

Thank you! We hope the AI issues get sorted soon, though I will continue to try and find suitable workarounds in the meantime.

We all hoped to finally be able to continue the campaign.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 11:58 AM, WWSmith said:

On 5/1/2023 at 3:27 PM, andygg said:

Tacview-20230501-151222-DCS-ReforgerII_m2_proportional response.zip.acmi 25.41 MB · 3 downloads

Also experienced these same issues with mission 2 this morning. Happily waiting for it to be corrected so I can continue.

Edited by Gate
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 2:46 AM, IronMike said:

Hey IronMike,  I think I found one of the issues in mission2.  It looks like flag 44 is double-used so it triggers both intercepts at the same time.  Renaming the second set of Flag44's --the one that is set when the bomb is in the zone-- to another unused flag makes the mission story flow as i think was intended. 

But... then when I shoot down the Mig-29, Texaco RTBs instead of moving south toward me.  I couldn't figure out why.  

Hope this helps get a fix pushed--I'm enjoying the missions, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2