ATTENTION: SPOILERS! - F-14B CAMPAIGN REFORGER PART I+II FEEDBACK THREAD - Read at your own discretion.

IronMike

5 hours ago, hasole said:

I flew mission 2, shot the migs down but ran out of fuel to the tanker about 80Nm away.  Will try again, maybe I wasn't watching my fuel enough.

Don't bother, better wait for a fix.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Getting the same issues on mission 2 (playing MT.)  

Arrive on CAP station.  Fulcrum V/O triggers, turn to directed heading, never see them.  Return to CAP station.  MiG21's show, Jester doesn't engage.  Can't control radar to self-engage (Jester slews it all the way to the left and leaves it there.)  Eventually fly southern CAP legs about a dozen times.  Directed to hit tanker, but tanker TACAN disappears (reading through this, I'm guessing he landed.)  Run out of gas about 30 miles from Base.  

2 hours ago, TerminallyIrish said:

MiG21's show, Jester doesn't engage.  Can't control radar to self-engage (Jester slews it all the way to the left and leaves it there.)

That's definitely not campaign's fault. Jester does not engage anything by himself. Can you reproduce it in other missions?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Im having issue with the TCS and TPOD. I can set both gain and brightness but never get an image. with the TPOD I can see the overlay for range, GPS, crosshairs etc. but no image of the ground or targets just a green backdrop. I can see bomb explosions though.

I am using auto start and VR. TCS and TPOD seem to work fine everywhere else.

Thanks 

21 hours ago, Gun Jam said:

Im having issue with the TCS and TPOD. I can set both gain and brightness but never get an image. with the TPOD I can see the overlay for range, GPS, crosshairs etc. but no image of the ground or targets just a green backdrop. I can see bomb explosions though.

I am using auto start and VR. TCS and TPOD seem to work fine everywhere else.

Thanks 

Dcs bug.  Try exiting mission and pressing fly again.

• Like 1

One improvement for each campaign would be that Reforger 1 to have cold starts on missions not in the air, and on Reforger 2 to give you an option. To change radios and waypoints instead of Jester.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wavehopper said:

Does anyone know if the fixes have been implemented yet?

Nope, files were not updated.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the great feedback, and for finding the double 44 flag @333kenshin!

My apologies that I did not get to update the campaign yet, it will be my main focus towards end of June.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, TerminallyIrish said:

Any word/plans to fix the Reforger II campaign?  (Specifically, mission 2!)

2 posts above.

• 3 weeks later...

damn I played without reading this thread. most of the triggers are not working properly in reforger2.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I have posted a video that addresses the issues for mission 2 in the Operation Reforger 2 campaign. This worked consistently for me as I flew it a couple of times while recording footage. Hopefully this helps. By making the changes to the mission in the Mission Editor, you assume all risk. I would highly advise you make a copy of the original mission before editing.

https://youtu.be/ZhHj85ufBqU

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@Rick_NSX

Thank you for helping make Mission 2 playable.  Are you working on Mission 3?

Will you be making a F-14 campaign yourself?  Even a single mission would be appreciated.
I did play mission 3 and posted it on my channel. I have not made the video of the fix yet but I can and I will post it. It may take a few days but the good news is it is relatively simple. A few flags and a task push I think.

I am currently working on figuring out mission 4 and why it stops where it does.

@JupiterJoe

I went ahead and quickly put together the mission editor updates you'll need to make to fly mission 3. Hopefully this fix works for you.

For those of you wondering, I am working on figuring out the bug with mission 3. I just flew it for the first time tonight so bear with me as I dig in.

https://youtu.be/rJJ4V9zBqds

• Thanks 1

@Rick_NSXThank you so much for your efforts.  I suspect HB may be coming out with their own fix shortly, but we've already been waiting quite a while 🙄.  Something like an 18 month wait for Reforger II and when it's a released it's a disaster.  Reflected Simulations single-handedly released several amazing campaigns in that time-frame and they all worked straight out of the box.  I don't think the work you're doing will be wasted though.  It's all good practice for when you build you're own F-14 campaign, to put up for sale 😉  You could even do a step-by-step video guide on how you built your campaign, so that others may be inspired to do the same. 

Edited by JupiterJoe
  • Like 2

@JupiterJoe

I do hope HB gets it updated soon. Mission 4 (so far) is really good and I want to be able to finish it up. It also doesn't help that it is messing up my posting cadence. As a (super) small streamer, I was trying to continue the rhythm I had set of once a week posting.

The full on mission editor is a little daunting so it will probably be a while before I can post a campaign of my own but if I build a campaign or mission, you can count on videos and how-to's geared for people who have never touched it.

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2023 at 10:37 PM, IronMike said:

My apologies that I did not get to update the campaign yet, it will be my main focus towards end of June.

How is it going Mike? Any chance to see it in next OB?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sincere apologies yet again, I still did not get to it. I also decided to add the Sinai missions first, so folks have something to play with on Sinai.

Thank you also @Rick_NSX for providing the above fixes, the help here is much appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

On 11/19/2022 at 7:05 PM, DD_Fenrir said:

Got an odd one - trying the new Stennis super carrier functionality with Reforger but on mission 1, after trapping a second time none of the catapult crews accept you even after requesting launch via the comms menu. I was obliged to cowboy launch in full burner from the back of the deck!

Wierd thing was after the final successful third trap I rolled towards a catapult to see if they would still would not take me and lo and behold, the director asked me to spread my wings! 

Peculiar!

Just had the same thing.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

7 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Just had the same thing.

Please report to ED in the SC bug section, this is on DCS side. Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations