[ED ISSUE] Can't remove wheel chocks unless engine is shutdown

wess24m

Known issue, waiting on ED to help us out there. In the mean time you should have brake pressure built up already so just make sure to remove chocks before you start. Eventually you will have 0 pressure and will remove the chocks when brake pressure has built up.

• Like 1

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [ED ISSUE] Can't remove wheel chocks unless engine is shutdown
9 hours ago, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

Known issue, waiting on ED to help us out there. In the mean time you should have brake pressure built up already so just make sure to remove chocks before you start. Eventually you will have 0 pressure and will remove the chocks when brake pressure has built up.

Roger, I'm glad you guys were able to implement my suggestion (rolling at idle) from the AV8B manual.  thanks

19 hours ago, wess24m said:

May be MP only as I haven't tried it in SP. only get "unable to comply" unless engine is shut down.

Single player is the same, ground crew don’t want to know unless you turn the engine off - i also had a weird problem where the nws wasn’t working (not even any hud symbology, didn’t matter how the the anti-skid was set) but i haven’ t been able to replicate the issue yet.

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

On 12/18/2020 at 4:41 PM, wess24m said:

Roger, I'm glad you guys were able to implement my suggestion (rolling at idle) from the AV8B manual.  thanks

Wasn't your suggestion but an amalgamated request from many many users

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

On 12/18/2020 at 7:14 PM, Dr Zaius said:

Single player is the same, ground crew don’t want to know unless you turn the engine off - i also had a weird problem where the nws wasn’t working (not even any hud symbology, didn’t matter how the the anti-skid was set) but i haven’ t been able to replicate the issue yet.

Yup, seems like the game thinks the aircraft is moving when its not but the mirage works fine so its a little issue that we need help rooting out somewhere. IT will be solved though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

+1

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/18/2020 at 6:14 PM, Dr Zaius said:

This issue is because you are "hooked" to the catapult, you need to press "U" to "unhook" then retract the launch bar, remove wheel chocks and then extend bar again and press "U" again to re-hook

On 1/23/2023 at 11:39 PM, sirxcal said:

This issue is because you are "hooked" to the catapult, you need to press "U" to "unhook" then retract the launch bar, remove wheel chocks and then extend bar again and press "U" again to re-hook

That sounds like a hornet problem. this is a harrier bug post.

17 hours ago, Spurts said:

I have not had a problem telling crew chief to pull chocks after engine start on the Tarawa

This bug has been fixed for almost 2 years. 

• Like 1