[CAN NOT REPRODUCE] Maverick and TGP Issues

Mirage2425

Has anyone noticed that Mavericks can get stuck in a mode, say VIS.  You can't switch to BORE or PRE.  Actually, it happens almost every time I fly with Mavericks.  I end up just using the Maverick seeker head instead of the TGP for targeting.  The same thing happened with snowplow mode on the TGP but that appears to be corrected as of the last update.  Using the TGP with Mav's is really difficult.  There are just too many issues.  Any one else run into these issues?

Yes, I get that all the time!

I have actually stopped using Mavs until they fix the problems, which it looks like they may have done with today's OB update !

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/

Haven't installed it yet - Waiting to see if there are any issues

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

Mark points would do the trick, provided you put it in PRE and left there.  My personal opinion is that ED's #1 priority is to make the TGP and MAV's work as it should.  Until they do I won't use MAV's.  It's just too frustrating.  Their #2 and #3 priority, in my humble opinion should be mark points and JHMCS A2G integration.  Being able to use the jet against unplanned targets (no steerpoint created ahead of time) should be a top priority (again in my humble opinion). 

Edited by Mirage2425
  • Like 1

• Wags changed the title to [MISSING TRACK FILES] Maverick and TGP Issues
1 hour ago, Mirage2425 said:

Mark points would do the trick, provided you put it in PRE and left there.  My personal opinion is that ED's #1 priority is to make the TGP and MAV's work as it should.  Until they do I won't use MAV's.  It's just too frustrating.  Their #2 and #3 priority, in my humble opinion should be mark points and JHMCS A2G integration.  Being able to use the jet against unplanned targets (no steerpoint created ahead of time) should be a top priority (again in my humble opinion). 

Yeah it's a bear right now to attack targets of opportunity. I've been trying to get better at BORE mode, but really even the original A-10C is much better with getting the TGP on a pop up target. And with the A-10C II it is almost instantaneous.

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Maverick and TGP Issues
  • BIGNEWY changed the title to [CAN NOT REPRODUCE] Maverick and TGP Issues

I have the issue everytime,but sometimes it works fine. but i still have the slew probelm,sometimes i can not slew the TGP or the SLEW speed is very slow,or the mark on HUD is not where the TGP pointint to.the VIPER  MAV really  made me MAD,but it is the only fighter that can carry 6 MAV and 2 HARM at the same time in MP,i still can not just give it up.

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

On 12/18/2020 at 7:51 AM, Mirage2425 said:

Has anyone noticed that Mavericks can get stuck in a mode, say VIS.  You can't switch to BORE or PRE.  Actually, it happens almost every time I fly with Mavericks.  I end up just using the Maverick seeker head instead of the TGP for targeting.  The same thing happened with snowplow mode on the TGP but that appears to be corrected as of the last update.  Using the TGP with Mav's is really difficult.  There are just too many issues.  Any one else run into these issues?

Had that too, along with many other issues. i never use mav's anymore, its bad for my stress levels, and i can't trust them to work when i need them to work. ESPECIALLY when trying to slave them with the tpod. Ill switch my plane if i want to use mavs. I tried too long to like them, I hate them now. I'll try killing enemy's by dropping fuel tanks on them before ill take these shit missiles on the viper.

Edited by DoctorVixen

I'll take a track and upload it.  I didn't initially as I didn't think you would be able to tell from a track file as it's just multiple mouse clicks on the OSB button without it changing as it should.  This is definitely an issue.  If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.

Right now DCS is requiring that SOI be a certain sensor before the enable switch will cycle through the EO submodes. When you cycle EO submodes the SOI dances around to different places in different submodes which causes enable to switch or not switch depending on SOI. The SOI changes are perfectly reasonable but the fact that enable does or doesn't cycle submodes based on SOI is not. Pressing enable should always cycle the EO submodes when selected regardless of SOI.

If you cycle with the appropriate OSB on SMS format it should change every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, press said:

Try

WPN page SOI and TMS down short. Should solve the stuck issue.

Srsly? 😉

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

On 12/18/2020 at 7:51 AM, Mirage2425 said:

I sorted this switching weapons in sms page. Going back to mavs and choosing pre mode then selecting tgp as soi, made seeker point exactly where tgp do. I think it's an issue not already reported...

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Still having this issue.

It seems to happen more frequently if you forget to change to pre mode before boresighting.

If I've forgotten to change to pre mode before boresighting, nothing I do can get it out of vis mode. Wpn page TMS aft short doesn't work in this case.

Edit: And I just tried to reproduce it to create a track.... and couldn't reproduce it. At least this time wpn page TMS aft short worked, but it most definitely didn't last time. I'll keep trying....

Edit 2: Now I can't reproduce it, of course. The original mission was a complex mission with much scripting so a track file from that isn't ideal...

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2