Nozzle Stop Change..

cloudkake

First off, love the new updates to the Av8, top work on the pilot in VR looks incredible!

One small thing i do wish was considered however; the Nozzle Stop! I dont have a problem with the 5 degree increments when working on a joystick axis, but i now can't set 82 degrees on the stop! This is the perfect position for hovering and between 75 and 99 degrees  is now not adjustable on that axis 😞

Does anyone else use this or just me? I use one side of the throttle to act as the Nozzle axis anyway but it was great coming to a hover having that 82 degree stop so i didnt have to think about that.

Edited by cloudkake

GTX 1080Ti, i7 8700@4.4Ghz, 16Gb DDR4.

I never use the stop except to TO and shortly afterward set to zero(or no stop set).  AFAIK the stop settings are a mechanical blocking by use of an indexed track that the stop lever locks into via a spring loaded pin in the handle.  Setting custom stops isn't possible.  Having the stop set during hover could be problematic if you need more travel than your stop is allowing.

If I have that wrong, someone please correct me.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Razbam added a momentary deadzone on the nozzle lever where the hover stop is.

This helps compensate for the loss of the previous STO stop function, but it's not a perfect solution from a gameplay perspective either since you you don't have the tactile feedback and peace of mind of being able to bring your nozzle lever back to a hard stop like you would in the real aircraft or in the previous implementation. It still requires extra attention, either head-down or on the HUD, to ensure the lever is in the correct position without being able to feel that it is.

A detent on the hover stop would have been enough for me, feels a bit awkward having the lever jump in multiples of 5

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

Same here - I thought it worked fine being able to slide the STOP lever up & down to the position desired - very weird trying to keep the mouse cursor on the level while clicking the left or right mouse button - very unintuitive and not user friendly compared to having a lever you could just drag up & down - if it could be changed back, I'd be very happy.