Rudder Issue

gaz2644

Hi for a while now iv had an issue with the binding for my rudder, im using Pro flight rudder pedals. Its browned out, and now after the latest update there is an exclamation mark  next to it. 

Iv had this problem for a while and have searched and googled with no fixes actually working apart from changing the Rudder LUA to RZ instead of Z, however after every update this reverts back to Z. So if i forget to do it i go through all the start up ect only to taxi forward and have no rudder, 

image.png

This is becoming very tiresome, The jet is amazing, just this issue is getting me down.

Please try rightclicking the column header saying saitek pro flight and clear the binds completely and rebind. That might fix this. You could also try to manually delete the bindings for your pedals in the saved games/dcs/Config/Input/F-14/joystick/ folder and then rebinding them.

Edited by Naquaii

Naqua11, iv done all that, iv reset the bindings, tried manually deleted everything then set it all up again, still happens, so fat creason you say its probably a DCS bug but you dont know, so you also dont know if you have control over the issue, it only happens with the F14, looking around google a lot of people are having the same or similar issue with the rudder binding on the F14. 

It's strange though, I have the same pedals and have no issues at all. Maybe you could try to remove the standard configuration in the main dcs folder as well? It should be called the same thing and be located in the same position as in the saved games folder.

Hi!

Same problem here with CH Pro Pedals, since the last update. I also tried everything and still not have solution. Only happen with F-14, other modules working properly...

UPDATE: If i delete the F-14 directory in Input, and setting again everything, the rudder is working until the DCS restart. After quit from the DCS and start again the problem appearing again and again.

Screen_201221_133804.png

Edited by 59th_Reaper

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@gaz2644

In the saved games/dcs.XXX/config/input/ you should have an F-14 and F-14_RIO folder, if you have F-14B folders as well those are old ones from before the F-14A. If you're on stable you might still have those.

For you both:

In your main DCS World install folder there's also files under /Mods/aircraft/F14/Input, there it has three folders but those only contain default files used until you yourself adds bindings which will then be put in the saved games/dsc.xxx/config/input folder.

For you guys having problems with your pedals I'd suggest removing the filed named as your device under Saved Games\DCS.XXX\Config\Input\F-14\joystick\ and rebind and if that doesn't work remove that one and the one named as your device under DCS\Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-Pilot\joystick (your main installation folder) and try rebinding again.

It sounds like you guys might be having missmatch between those two files and it's easier to just remove them and rebind as pedals have few binds anyway.

Hope that helps! If it doesn't it's likely some DCS bug that we need to report to ED.

Edited by Naquaii

10 minutes ago, Naquaii said:

@gaz2644

In the saved games/dcs.XXX/config/input/ you should have an F-14 and F-14_RIO folder, if you have F-14B folders as well those are old ones from before the F-14A. If you're on stable you might still have those.

For you both:

In your main DCS World install folder there's also files under /Mods/aircraft/F14/Input, there it has three folders but those only contain default files used until you yourself adds bindings which will then be put in the saved games/dsc.xxx/config/input folder.

For you guys having problems with your pedals I'd suggest removing the filed named as your device under Saved Games\DCS.XXX\Config\Input\F-14\joystick\ and rebind and if that doesn't work remove that one and the one named as your device under DCS\Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-Pilot\joystick (your main installation folder) and try rebinding again.

It sounds like you guys might be having missmatch between those two files and it's easier to just remove them and rebind as pedals have few binds anyway.

Hope that helps! If it doesn't it's likely some DCS bug that we need to report to ED.

Thanks for your quick answer and maybe you're right. It must be DCS bug, because i tried everything. I've an F-14 and F-14 RIO directory in Saved Games/DCS.Openbeta/Config/Input. I delete the whole directories and generate again from zero. I set again all axis and it works until the DCS restart. After next start everything is the same, rudder is not working...

Edited by 59th_Reaper

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try removing the one under DCS\Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-Pilot\joystick in your main installation as well, those are the ones controlling default binds before a player sets it up themselves, maybe there's something wrong there as well.

28 minutes ago, Naquaii said:

Try removing the one under DCS\Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-Pilot\joystick in your main installation as well, those are the ones controlling default binds before a player sets it up themselves, maybe there's something wrong there as well.

I've tried with this also, and I'm after a DCS repair, but there is no change. The pedal is working properly, except with F-14. 🙂

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, 59th_Reaper said:

I've tried with this also, and I'm after a DCS repair, but there is no change. The pedal is working properly, except with F-14. 🙂

Ok, not sure what the next step would be. Can you please make a bug report in the DCS World bug forum?

Edit: The last thing I can think of is to do a repair of dcs using "dcs_updater repair" and to make uninstall any other mods that can affect keybinds like VAICOM etc (if you have any).

Edited by Naquaii

Hi again!

Good news! After several attempts, finally working properly. I don't know what was the exact solution, but i tried with several unplug/plug into different USB ports while i starting the DCS and one of the attempts fixed the problem. By the way the rudder is in the same USB now (LOL) and it works. 😄

Anyway thank you that you tried to help find a solution! Finally i can fly again with this beauty on the 50th anniversary! 🙂

Heatblur Simulations 4ever! 🙂

Edited by 59th_Reaper

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a reminder: if you changed anything in main DCS/Mods/aircraft/F14/Input it will come back right to default after any update or repair.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

i got it to work by deleting the files in the F14 input folder, but just like exiting the LUA it all comes back when dcs updates, i cant see how this is a dcs issue when it only happens with the f14, and if i can delete the joystick inputs, why are they there ? surely they arent needed  ? and it seems its the files in the input folder that are causing the issue. anyway. merry christmas 

The files in the F-14 mods folder in the main DCS installation folder are presets for the various devices. Without them nothing would be bound or you would have pitch and roll bound to toe-brakes or something like that. But it could be that there's something strange with those from when we updated the keybinds to work for the F-14A as well, I'll have a talk with the guy who did that.

Not saying it is that but we'll have a look. 🙂

On 12/25/2020 at 3:30 PM, Naquaii said:

The files in the F-14 mods folder in the main DCS installation folder are presets for the various devices. Without them nothing would be bound or you would have pitch and roll bound to toe-brakes or something like that. But it could be that there's something strange with those from when we updated the keybinds to work for the F-14A as well, I'll have a talk with the guy who did that.

Not saying it is that but we'll have a look. 🙂

Thanks mate, appreciate the help and your efforts 👍

I have the same issue with the Roll Axis on the Thrustmaster Warthog. It works for a while on initial start then after half an hour or less it disables the axis as above mid flight. Back during the last trial period I had the same issue and although I could get the axis back by clearing all of my Lua files and starting over it would happen again within half an hour. 

I've just tried deleting the base Warthog binding file from the Mods folder as well but that caused a truly horrifying issue where upon loading into the aircraft all inputs into DCS died including the keyboard so I couldn't even get to the binding screen.

As above it's exclusively an F-14 issue. I've not encountered it in any other modules.

EDIT: This issue is caused by the mini axis stick on the Warthog throttle. If you have any axes bound to it this problem arises on one or more axes on the joystick. In my case I had the rudder bound there as I don't have pedals (and is the same for all other aircraft), but at least one other user replicated the problem with the DLC bound to it.

Edited by jack varus

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I found a 100% solution. Loss of settings are minimal.
First step:

In the saved games/dcs.XXX/config/input/F-14/joystick

delete - Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.diff.lua

Second step:

Open the file

Throttle - HOTAS Warthog .....(your numbers)..........diff.lua

Find and delete all block

["axisDiffs"] = {

}

Save.

After that, the conflict of the axis register disappears.

You will need to re-set the axes of pedals and throttle. But all buttons settings on the throttle will be saved.

This solution has already helped several people who use a set of Saitek devices.

I hope it will help you.

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2021 at 8:18 AM, Hollander said:

I found a 100% solution. Loss of settings are minimal.
First step:

delete - Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.diff.lua

Second step:

Open the file

Throttle - HOTAS Warthog .....(your numbers)..........diff.lua

Find and delete all block

["axisDiffs"] = {

}

Save.

After that, the conflict of the axis register disappears.

You will need to re-set the axes of pedals and throttle. But all buttons settings on the throttle will be saved.

This solution has already helped several people who use a set of Saitek devices.

I hope it will help you.

Thank you for the great feedback.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/