Bug last update 2.5.6.59398 Open Beta

H2owing

Sorry I don't know where to put this subject ...

I can't do the last update because I don't have enough space. 28 Go instead of 50 Go required for this update (see screenshot)

How heavy is this update ?

Update_error.JPG

Edited by H2owing

• H2owing changed the title to Bug last update 2.5.6.59398 Open Beta

I had to move other game installations to a different disk to free up space.  Apparently, the downloaded file is huge, but it must overwrite a lot of existing files, because I have plenty of space after the installation.

BUT WARNING - all my authorizations got wiped out (every single one) and I haven't gotten into the DCS beta yet.

Its very sad that the update process insists on using the _downloads folder under the main game installation folder. It would be helpful of we were able to choose another destination for update downloads. I have had to move my entire DCS installation to another drive just so that I could update it. Poor show ED.

• Thanks 1

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

1 hour ago, klem said:

Its very sad that the update process insists on using the _downloads folder under the main game installation folder. It would be helpful of we were able to choose another destination for update downloads.

AFAIK you can create a windows symlink in Windows 10 and redirect the temporary update files to another drive with more space.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yup, just put one or two theater maps folders on another drive, they're the biggest folders of all, and symlink them back into their original folder, instantly gain 100+ gigs by doing that.  Game can't tell the difference if the drives are similar speeds.