DCS: AH-64D Discussion Thread

falcon_120

I knew it was coming. I've expected it to come since the A model was announced over a decade ago but even after the comments wags has made I WAS NOT READY for that reveal. I seen the mast and thought, finally, here's the hind, then when I saw that 30mm my body shut down.

• Like 2

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

YEEEEESSSSS!!!! I saw that gun and I knew immediately what it stood for! Finally!! got Lock On: Modern Air Combat back in the day, because I was looking for a helo sim, like a Jane's Longbow 2 reincarnation but could not find any. LOMAC seemed the only reasonable Mil sim, so I stuck with it. When the Ka50 came out I played it, but never got the hang of it, guess it is too Russian for me. So I kept playing the fixed wings and helos but none of them could really fill the void in my helo heart. All I wanted ever since that time 15 years ago was a modern combat helo and the Apache obviously was high up my list. Finally it will come (only two more weeks 🤣, well, make that years)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, falcon_120 said:

Your thoughts ladys and gentlemen...

Day one purchase. 

NOW we have multi crew working in helos, that’s one big step already taken.

Apache And Kiowa in DCS, pink teams are a go. 

I AM THE GREATEST

😜😜😜

• Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I took my breath at the end of the video while hoping for a phantom but I can live with apache too 😄

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Although a worthwhile addition to the stable of aircraft in DCS, I'm not 100% convinced that this is the "mystery-aircraft" we've been waiting for. My DCS is updating so I can't check for myself but... can somebody check the detail on the AI version of the Su-34 Platypus in the current version of DCS? It looks a lot more detailed in the video than I remember from the current in-game asset.

Could it be... naaaah! 🤯

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

12 minutes ago, Schnelli said:

Can we already tell whether it will be a an AH-64A or AH-64D? I cant differentiate them, when i dont see the cockpit.

They are identical except for the dome on top. So yes, it's def a D

• Thanks 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

18 minutes ago, chaos said:

Although a worthwhile addition to the stable of aircraft in DCS, I'm not 100% convinced that this is the "mystery-aircraft" we've been waiting for.

I think it is pretty safe to say it is the mystery-aircraft. ED did already say that it wont be a russian aircraft.

A really nice video, impressive pictures, great music. I leave it up to everyone to judge whether it is an informative video. Personally, my heart beat faster when the Hind could be seen in one or another scene. I would have liked a few more scenes with the Icon. And of course the end ... without words. But that it should be a Longbow after all ... Hind and Apache :worthy: What more could a Rotorhead want! ED make dreams comes true! As a consumer I would like to give the 'Thank you' at the end of the video back to the ED team for what you have achieved so far. And I don't want to exclude the 3rd party studios either. Even if there were ups and downs.

Edited by kotor633
  • Like 2

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

It's a wonderful aircraft and I'm sure it'll be a joy to fly, especially when it's development is further along it's EA release, but unless there's more development to the world part of DCS World, it's missions will get stale rather quickly I'm afraid due to limits and repetition. Still, I imagine it'll end up in my inventory eventually.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I know it's just been teased but come on ED! This IS what you're trying to tell us - we are getting an AH-64D Longbow! 

Please, please, please, please please - give us more details! Officially! How far are you with building the module? Is it 2021 or rather "beyond"...? How the hell did you acquire the licence to model a "D"?! Damn it - sleepless night for me...

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]