Error code is: 500

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Hi all

if you are getting Failed to get authorization data. Error code is: 500

please ensure your pc date is up to date, if it is not you will get a failed authorisation. 

check time zone also in windows make sure it is correct.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not for me it wasn't . Clock fix didn't fix a thing , still showing the error that my dlc (A102) Isn't authorized and will be disabled.

I've tried the clock fix the windows updates fix rolling back to stable , which it weirdly also does the same thing on now. Repair and clean installs.

Finally I have removed all mods i ever had on it .

• ED Team
2 hours ago, Badass1982 said:

Not for me it wasn't . Clock fix didn't fix a thing , still showing the error that my dlc (A102) Isn't authorized and will be disabled.

I've tried the clock fix the windows updates fix rolling back to stable , which it weirdly also does the same thing on now. Repair and clean installs.

Finally I have removed all mods i ever had on it .

Sounds like a different issues from error 500, please contact support directly, they will assist you

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

fixed my issue, thanks BN!  The timing was impeccable, I found this post stickied on the ED Discord, and it just so happened I had cleared my CMOS in my BIOS when I upgraded my CPU.  I thought I had an issue with module activations due to the hardware change, but it was simply the clock off by 2 hours!

Appreciate all that you do for the community, happy holidays all!

• 4 months later...

Thanks to this handy FORUM and and a quick GOOGLE Search I am back in.  I just ran a WINDOWS 10 Debloating script and it obviously changed the time without me noticing.

Saved me from opening up a ticket and wasting ED's time.. 

Cheers.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 4 weeks later...

Untick "Set time zone automatically" then select it manually.

If this still doens't work, please attach your dcs.log file ( C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log - may appear as "dcs").

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, BluePhantom said:

As usual, ED updates and I spend two weeks trying to make the damn thing work

If it were "usual", then more people would have the issue, don’t you agree?

Attach your dcs.log file, to take a look at your specific case, otherwise it’s too hard to venture a possible solution.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have reported this same problem in a new thread about a week ago and received no reaction whatsoever.
Found this old thread and report it again here. What I find:

1. There is an interesting similarity between my problem and what @KillerDog reported: He had 4 timed-out trials and I have one (the Huey).

2. My DCS Log actually shows successful authorization.

3. The other thing that seems weird: the time stamps in the DCS Log end at about 08:31 UTC.
However the file was saved at 10:31 (UTC + 1 Hour) which would be 9:31 UTC. I'm located in France and my PC is correctly set to the UTC + 1 time zone.

4. This has been going on for about a week and the error message continues to say that I can still play for 2 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes

My layman's conclusion is that the end-of-trial period causes the problem. Maybe I need to uninstall the Huey, but I will wait for instructions.
I attach the DCS Log and a screenshot of the error message.

Authorization Error 20220807.JPG

dcs.log

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It's summer, which means France is currently using UTC+2 (source).

Note : L’heure d’hiver correspond en France à UTC+1 et l’heure d’été à UTC+2.

The time in your DCS log is correct.

If I understand correctly, you've been trying the UH-1 and now the trial period is over? In this case, it is normal you get this message. After the trial period is over, you keep getting this message until you uninstall the module.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

It's summer, which means France is currently using UTC+2 (source).

The time in your DCS log is correct.

If I understand correctly, you've been trying the UH-1 and now the trial period is over? In this case, it is normal you get this message. After the trial period is over, you keep getting this message until you uninstall the module.

You are right of course about the time.

I'm not happy about the way the end of trial results in a fake authorization error, but I'm not going to make a fuss about it.

Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I faced this error although my system time is correct.
Error code is 503, not 500, but the error text is the same.

Does anybody have a clue of how to fix? Maybe this somehow caused by the fact I launched DCS in offline mode?

And why not to change misleading error message?

Edited by atercygnus

13 minutes ago, atercygnus said:

Does anybody have a clue of how to fix?

I understand that 503 is a network error, I suggest raising a support Ticket here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I failed authorization today (after the release of Sinai trailer, when DCS web seems to be very slow as well). The silly thing is that it said it would use "saved authorization" - yet it unauthorized all my modules. Requiring online for even starting the game is something I never liked, but at least think about some robustness into it all. And cache some token or whatever for at least a few days. Rather fail in favour of the users. Please.

• Like 2

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

vor 6 Minuten schrieb virgo47:

I failed authorization today (after the release of Sinai trailer, when DCS web seems to be very slow as well). The silly thing is that it said it would use "saved authorization" - yet it unauthorized all my modules. Requiring online for even starting the game is something I never liked, but at least think about some robustness into it all. And cache some token or whatever for at least a few days. Rather fail in favour of the users. Please.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb BIGNEWY:

Hi all, 

as many of you have seen the website is under heavy load currently, please be patient while admin works the problem. 

thank you

• Thanks 1

I do think it would be nice if there was some info posted and updated on some DCS webpage saying something like "Please kindly return to your ready rooms while we attempt to sort out the current server problems"... rather than just guessing.

Is that too much to ask? 

• Like 2