A little jealous-multicrew

I think the idea of making people have multiplayer experiences in order to avoid lousy AI stuff is already well underway. Maybe some day someone will figure out how to avoid lousy multiplayer experiences as well beyond avoiding public servers. Perhaps in the spirit of this thought, we could incentivize other things like reading the manual, doing the training scenarios, etc. Mayyybe no-notice written and practical performance exams, and if you fail you can’t join a crew slot in MP until you pass. Sound like a horrible idea? Of course it’s a horrible idea. Next thing you know we’ll have a certificate database and currency requirements (for those that can pass aeromedical). 😉

• Like 1

One of the main things I would look forward to is the flight engineer slot.  That's the guy that gets things rolling and warmed up while the pilot and copilot talk business.  And as mentioned, who is going in the back to check on the slingload if it isn't the flight engineer.  Honestly, the more the merrier. We should have at least one slot for each bench seat.  Party bus!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/19/2020 at 6:16 AM, Cgjunk2 said:

I see the Hueys got a 4 position multi-crew with the latest OB update.   I’d love to see a five position crew for the Mi-8.  The Hip is sufficiently complex to keep all positions busy with something.  Please bring multi-crew to the Mi-8!

be carful what you wish for, MC kinda recked the fun of the huey a bit, we need a way to switch seats in MP for the UH-1 and Mi-24 before the Mi-8 gets MC

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 9:37 AM, evanf117 said:

be carful what you wish for, MC kinda recked the fun of the huey a bit, we need a way to switch seats in MP for the UH-1 and Mi-24 before the Mi-8 gets MC

Then fly Huey in singleplayer. Nothing's stopping you. There is no requirement to fly in multiplayer multicrew vehicles without someone else alone. If anything you should be asking for Petrovich-like AI for Mi-8 and Huey to alleviate this issue. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

Then fly Huey in singleplayer. Nothing's stopping you. There is no requirement to fly in multiplayer multicrew vehicles without someone else alone.

By the exact same logic there is nothing stopping you from switching to a Huey, though, just saying.

• ED Team

Multicrew for the Mi-8 is something we would like to do and is being discussed, however finding free dev time is difficult currently for this. 

We will have to continue to be patient and hope for the the future. 

On 12/26/2021 at 5:37 PM, evanf117 said:

Not possible with multicrew, switching seats adds a whole new level of complexity. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Multicrew for the Mi-8 is something we would like to do and is being discussed, however finding free dev time is difficult currently for this. 

Not possible with multicrew, switching seats adds a whole new level of complexity. 

Thank you for considering the addition and letting us know! 🙂

• Like 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, evanf117 said:

what about how some community mods allow you to switch seats in MP?
(ie the little bird)

As mentioned it is not planned for our modules in multiplayer, it adds an extra layer of complexity for full fidelity modules with multicrew. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

As mentioned it is not planned for our modules in multiplayer, it adds an extra layer of complexity for full fidelity modules with multicrew. 

just one last thing, doesn't the gazelle have it?, if it does i should put it on my list of to buy

4 hours ago, evanf117 said:

just one last thing, doesn't the gazelle have it?, if it does i should put it on my list of to buy

It does, but it was introduced way before ED came up with multicrew, so PC implemented their own technical solutions which degraded with the eventual updates of DCS and are now pretty much defunct AFAIK.

• Like 2

I go back to my original stance - the more the hip is left alone the better it remains. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

On 12/29/2021 at 2:21 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Thank you for responding with this!

Of course, it is disappointing to hear that switching seats won't be possible, however I think having multicrew is much much better.

• Like 3

On 12/29/2021 at 3:21 PM, BIGNEWY said:

If that will be the case, I say don't bring it at all. Unlike Huey, we need to be able to get to at least pilot seats (all 3 are preferable) for certain functions. I would rather fly alone than lose right seat when flying solo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, admiki said:

If that will be the case, I say don't bring it at all. Unlike Huey, we need to be able to get to at least pilot seats (all 3 are preferable) for certain functions. I would rather fly alone than lose right seat when flying solo.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:15 PM, Boosterdog said:

I go back to my original stance - the more the hip is left alone the better it remains. 

Average saboteur take

4 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

Average saboteur take

If I were objecting because I would have to press a button or choose a different version of the module to fly solo in I'd agree. But thats not the case. You get your way and, without ED incorporatng position changing into MC I cant fly the Hip in MP without some limitiations. We disagree because we play the game differently, thats all. I hope we can respect eacjs other's views on it without the immfamatory comments. 

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

13 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

If I were objecting because I would have to press a button or choose a different version of the module to fly solo in I'd agree. But thats not the case. You get your way and, without ED incorporatng position changing into MC I cant fly the Hip in MP without some limitiations. We disagree because we play the game differently, thats all. I hope we can respect eacjs other's views on it without the immfamatory comments. 

Just because you don't have any friends doesn't mean that no one should be able to enjoy multicrew.

• Like 1

• ED Team

you have both given your feedback, please leave it at that now. 

thanks

17 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

Based on how other multicrew modules are, you would be able to access whatever commands you want regardless of seat, it would just take some LUA work to add commands that aren't there by default. Like adding LANTIRN controls to the F-14 pilot seat. Both ways of play could be accomodated. If we get MC for the Hip, I'd do the LUA work for you to have all commands available for all seats.

Could be a cool to have a 'enable multicrew commands' special option for MC modules, that'd either split commands by seat or have one set of commands for all seats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Munkwolf said:

Based on how other multicrew modules are, you would be able to access whatever commands you want regardless of seat, it would just take some LUA work to add commands that aren't there by default. Like adding LANTIRN controls to the F-14 pilot seat. Both ways of play could be accomodated. If we get MC for the Hip, I'd do the LUA work for you to have all commands available for all seats.

Could be a cool to have a 'enable multicrew commands' special option for MC modules, that'd either split commands by seat or have one set of commands for all seats.

How do you know what setting DISS-15 is at  if you can't look at it? Or 828 radio? I already said it, Mi8 is the only helicopter so far in which you NEED to be able to switch seats.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, admiki said:

How do you know what setting DISS-15 is at  if you can't look at it? Or 828 radio? I already said it, Mi8 is the only helicopter so far in which you NEED to be able to switch seats.

That's true. Sorry, I missed that comment of yours and am unfortunately not yet familiar enough with the Mi-8 to have known. Was just talking from a controls perspective and trying to think of ways to support MC and non-MC.

• 1 month later...
29.04.2021 в 19:12, AlphaOneSix сказал:

I understand the Russian mentality behind having a flight engineer on the Mi-8, and I even generally agree with it. However, I've flown on Mi-8's for almost 15 years and I've never once flown with a flight engineer, and we don't see any issues with not having one. We do, however, fly with two crew chiefs in the back, American-style.

Who is going to press autopilot switches and correct autopilot?